2017/04/21 07:48:59
brkbeatjunkie
My preliminary testing shows max memory OC is lower before ECC kicks in. Was getting solid 11.6 gbps before ecc, after bios update it's down to 11.3 before ecc kicks in. I'm doing some more testing but if this is the case, I see why it's optional lmao.
2017/04/21 07:50:47
brkbeatjunkie
It's a bios update. Not a new card. Only the ti has new memory

Edit: sorry this was in response to someone asking for the new sku for the 'higher memory 1080 ftw2 cards'
2017/04/21 09:00:15
jsallen77
brkbeatjunkie

Edit: sorry this was in response to someone asking for the new sku for the 'higher memory 1080 ftw2 cards'

Technically not true. They redesigned some of the design on the iCX cards. It's not a stretch to believe the "old" iCX cards also got the new memory. Why would EVGA redesign a good portion of a card and not use the new memory technology available at that time? I'm not saying they did this, just that it's plausible. To add credence to this argument, these "new" iCX cards with the new 11Gbps chips have the same part number as the "old" iCX cards from 2 months ago.

It would be nice if someone from EVGA could shine a light on this subject so we can all stop guessing.
2017/04/21 09:53:09
Ark161
Hang on guys, lets download all the VRAM while we are at it...
2017/04/21 09:56:44
the_Scarlet_one
Ark161
Hang on guys, lets download all the VRAM while we are at it...

But is it detotated wam?
2017/04/21 10:02:32
brkbeatjunkie
jsallen77
brkbeatjunkie

Technically not true. They redesigned some of the design on the iCX cards. It's not a stretch to believe the "old" iCX cards also got the new memory. Why would EVGA redesign a good portion of a card and not use the new memory technology available at that time? I'm not saying they did this, just that it's plausible. To add credence to this argument, these "new" iCX cards with the new 11Gbps chips have the same part number as the "old" iCX cards from 2 months ago.

It would be nice if someone from EVGA could shine a light on this subject so we can all stop guessing.

That's what I'm saying, same part number As before
2017/04/21 12:26:22
xtremegamer
would this work for 08G-P4-6181-KR ??? does need be ICX Model ???
2017/04/21 14:03:14
whogpu
GTXJackBauer
whogpu
Will flash SC2 version on my FE when I get home. YOLO.

Not sure I would advise on doing that.  Doesn't it already come with 11 by default?  And you don't have a secondary BIOS AFAIK.

No issues doing so.  Thanks EVGA.  :)
2017/04/21 18:52:47
cloiselle1
If they were new ram modules they wouldn't need a flash to run at 11gbps.

My god.
2017/04/21 19:09:29
dlbsyst
cloiselle1
If they were new ram modules they wouldn't need a flash to run at 11gbps.

My god.

They might. When these cards came out Nvidia had yet to announce their new 11Gbps 1080 cards. EVGA may have set the speed of these ICX cards to run at 10Gbps in the bios/firmware until now. The bios/firmware determines the speed of the RAM. This is all speculation on my part. Hopefully EVGA will chime in with more information.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account