2018/09/25 12:53:20
Sajin
neozetha
 have the same problem as many, my memory clocks are stuck at 405 mhz. I´ve tried a lot of BIOS without success... can anyone give me some advice?

" />

I'd recommend just overclocking your memory to 11 GHz using msi afterburner.
2018/09/25 12:58:37
Sajin
PRECOOLER

I did everything as indicated, but the BIOS is not updated. 
What is the problem?
My card: GTX1080 FTW2
BIOS version: 86.04.60.40.82

Follow this post... https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2789626
2018/09/25 12:59:45
Sajin
newedb
I recently bought a 1080 FTW2 (non-DT version). I downloaded the correct BIOS file, unzipped it. There are two files, primary.exe and secondary.exe. I ran the secondary.exe to update the slave bios. I followed the instruction in the very first post, saw screen blackout for a few seconds, pressed the "Y" button to confirm, heard some beeping sound, but nothing happened at the end. The card still runs on the old bios. Do I need to boot windows 10 to safe mode to update bios, or do I have to uninstall driver first? Please advise, thanks in advance.

Did you reboot after flashing?

2018/09/25 13:01:49
Sajin
TheTiesThatBind
Hello there,

According to Precision X i'm running the 86.04.60.40.82 BIOS, shall I update to this BIOS or not? My GPU is 1080 FTW2 iCX

Kind regards

Only if you want your card to run at 11 GHz without having to manually overclock it to 11 GHz using msi afterburner.

2018/09/25 13:03:28
TheTiesThatBind
Sajin
TheTiesThatBind
Hello there,

According to Precision X i'm running the 86.04.60.40.82 BIOS, shall I update to this BIOS or not? My GPU is 1080 FTW2 iCX

Kind regards

Only if you want your card to run at 11 GHz without having to manually overclock it to 11 GHz using msi afterburner.

Thanks for the reply! Is it safe? I mean heat side safe
2018/09/25 13:04:34
Sajin
Yep, it is safe.
2018/09/25 13:10:17
newedb
Sajin
newedb
I recently bought a 1080 FTW2 (non-DT version). I downloaded the correct BIOS file, unzipped it. There are two files, primary.exe and secondary.exe. I ran the secondary.exe to update the slave bios. I followed the instruction in the very first post, saw screen blackout for a few seconds, pressed the "Y" button to confirm, heard some beeping sound, but nothing happened at the end. The card still runs on the old bios. Do I need to boot windows 10 to safe mode to update bios, or do I have to uninstall driver first? Please advise, thanks in advance.

Yes, I did. But it is still running on the old BIOS.
2018/09/25 13:12:36
Sajin
newedb
Sajin
newedb

Try updating the card with nvflash... https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2789626
2018/09/25 14:20:19
newedb
Sajin
newedb
Sajin
newedb

Try updating the card with nvflash... 

Just did, and everything went successful. But I still have two questions.
In the very first post, the BIOS version numbers are (86.04.3B.40.81/86.04.3B.41.81). But GPU-Z shows that the version is 86.04.60.01.81 for the slave BIOS. why is the difference.
Also, there seems to be only one BIOS at techpowerup website, I assume it is the slaver version. Where I can find the master version?

Thanks.
2018/09/25 14:39:12
Sajin
newedb

Just did, and everything went successful. But I still have two questions.
In the very first post, the BIOS version numbers are (86.04.3B.40.81/86.04.3B.41.81). But GPU-Z shows that the version is 86.04.60.01.81 for the slave BIOS. why is the difference.
Also, there seems to be only one BIOS at techpowerup website, I assume it is the slaver version. Where I can find the master version?

Thanks.

The difference is the ones you're currently flashing are newer than the ones evga posted. The master is also listed in that post.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account