2018/06/29 11:21:01
atastyfury
Hello people. I'm new here... I have a DT GTX1080 FTW2 board. I tried to update with the predicted in this post but by chance I have 5500mhz in gpuz and drops to 130 the bandwich ... I found that it is not possible to update this "dt" board * 6684-kr * I would like to know if updating to bios by uploads does not been verified (techpowerup) causes loss of warranty. I want to put my previous firmware which is the 86.04.60.00.80. Unfortunately I did not save the file. The bios secundario is different 86.04.60.01.80 ... I really wanted to get back to the original one I had before.
2018/06/29 11:37:48
CyberSparky
atastyfury
Hello people. I'm new here... I have a DT GTX1080 FTW2 board. I tried to update with the predicted in this post but by chance I have 5500mhz in gpuz and drops to 130 the bandwich ... I found that it is not possible to update this "dt" board * 6684-kr * I would like to know if updating to bios by uploads does not been verified (techpowerup) causes loss of warranty. I want to put my previous firmware which is the 86.04.60.00.80. Unfortunately I did not save the file. The bios secundario is different 86.04.60.01.80 ... I really wanted to get back to the original one I had before.

From the bottom of the original post.

Link to original VBios for your 6684 Card.    http://cdn.evga.com/bios/...1ghz/6684_Original.zip
2018/06/29 11:45:22
Sajin
Eze2kiel
Sajin
Eze2kiel
Kids, I've the stock BIOS that came in the VGA.
I already post photos in the previous messages.
I've the memories in 11GHz.
Well... By setting the BIOS in secondary by turning off the PC and moving the switch of the VGA, I notice that being in Windows the screen blinks in black every so often.
This from what I see isn't normal.
With the primary BIOS, it doesn't happen to me.
In this case, how do I re-reflash the two BIOS and avoid this?
Problems with temperatures aren't because I have a full cover waterblock.

You'll need to reflash the slave vbios using nvflash.

I already tried to update the BIOS again with the steps explained here, but it throws protection error.
What would be the right steps?
At the date what BIOS do I have to download? Since mine already came factory with 11 Gbps.

Sounds like you need to flash using the -6 command. e.g. nvflash -6 <filename.rom>

If the above doesn't work for you please post a picture of your error.

Use this vbios... https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/198856/198856
2018/06/29 11:45:38
atastyfury
SparkyShaft
atastyfury

From the bottom of the original post.

Link to original VBios for your 6684 Card.   

I already tested with this one. It is not the version that was previously on my card. And also 130ghz bandwich 5500mhz of memory o_O This is exactly the problem. It does not make sense that bios was posted here. I am very sad. Just found the bios in techpowerup. But I do not know if there is a risk of asking for the guarantee.
2018/06/29 11:56:28
Sajin
atastyfury
I would like to know if updating to bios by uploads does not been verified (techpowerup) causes loss of warranty.

Warranty won't be void if...

#1 You're flashing the original back to either the primary or secondary.
#2 You're flashing the secondary with a different vbios version.

Note: The primary must keep its original vbios loaded to it at all times to keep warranty from being voided. The secondary can be flashed to whatever you wish.
2018/06/29 12:07:36
atastyfury
Sajin
atastyfury
I would like to know if updating to bios by uploads does not been verified (techpowerup) causes loss of warranty.

Warranty won't be void if...

#1 You're flashing the original back to either the primary or secondary.
#2 You're flashing the secondary with a different vbios version.

Note: The primary must keep its original vbios loaded to it at all times to keep warranty from being voided. The secondary can be flashed to whatever you wish.

i got it. I will ask the .rom support of my original board. Because the original that is in the description is not even that was on my plate that is the version ... I want my 86.04.60.00.80 back... tks
2018/06/29 19:02:45
dmoheban
Someone please share your  1080 FTW2 GAMING, 08G-P4-6686-KR 86.04.66.00.80 bios or latest bios for this card?? Lost the original factory bios file..

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind. Found one on Techpowerup gpu database.
2018/06/30 16:47:13
Eze2kiel
Sajin
Sounds like you need to flash using the -6 command. e.g. nvflash -6 <filename.rom>

Use this vbios... 

2018/06/30 17:38:44
Sajin
Eze2kiel
Sajin

Use this vbios... 

You'll to need to contact evga to get the secondary vbios.
2018/06/30 17:55:18
Eze2kiel
Sajin
Eze2kiel
Sajin

Use this vbios... 

You'll to need to contact evga to get the secondary vbios.

Ok.
Any mail or form?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account