2017/04/20 09:57:21
xxxslimshady
ipkha
evgauser28764
xxxslimshady
evgauser28764
EVGA_JacobF
Before/after test result on Superposition, 1080P High Setting, 1080 FTW2. Also added to OP.

would you mind to clarify why only sc2 and ftw2 are available in this bios update?

for 1 they have better cooling of the mem dont you remember the big reason they made the ICX 

as far as i know, evga has never admitted their responsibilty on the vram thermal pad thickness issue

I'm sure you're juust confused.
EVGA did accept responsibility for the high vrm temps. Even to the point of offering a free RMA to apply the thermal pads. They did confirm that the temps were still within margin of operation but decided to offer a way to reduce them anyway. They then went and accelerated the development of iCX system to prevent future high temps of the VRM and Memory.

oh tell that to my buddy who had to have 3 titan X replaced cause of memory failure with 1st gen GDDR5X on it lmao  
2017/04/20 09:57:29
philhalo66
Interesting, i do get a pretty hefty performance jump ( 11784 to 12187) and i didn't see any artifacts or anything odd. But won't this damage the memory? or wear them out significantly faster?
2017/04/20 10:01:57
cloiselle1
It shouldn't as long as no more voltage is applied by the bios update. Your performance increases will vary depending on the quality of each individual card's memory quality. 

Does this just reflash clock speeds or change voltages and timings as well? 
2017/04/20 10:09:01
evgauser28764
ipkha
evgauser28764
xxxslimshady
evgauser28764
EVGA_JacobF
Before/after test result on Superposition, 1080P High Setting, 1080 FTW2. Also added to OP.

would you mind to clarify why only sc2 and ftw2 are available in this bios update?

for 1 they have better cooling of the mem dont you remember the big reason they made the ICX 

as far as i know, evga has never admitted their responsibilty on the vram thermal pad thickness issue

I'm sure you're juust confused.
EVGA did accept responsibility for the high vrm temps. Even to the point of offering a free RMA to apply the thermal pads. They did confirm that the temps were still within margin of operation but decided to offer a way to reduce them anyway. They then went and accelerated the development of iCX system to prevent future high temps of the VRM and Memory.

i am sure we are not on the same page. i am talking about the vram problem.
i am talking about the there were gaps between vram chip and the cooling mid plate, because of the wrong thickness of thermal pads were used. 

that is not the problem i am concerning in this thread, and that is past, and i have moved on.
i am now asking why only sc2 and ftw2 are available in this new bios update

2017/04/20 10:14:23
evgauser28764
xxxslimshady
titan XP

1080ti

thanks mate.
sorry (language removed by Mod) eyes hurt, i cant read those sn printed on the vram surface.
any clearer photos?
2017/04/20 11:29:41
Nozler
 Thank you EVGA  Gained about 4 fps average and mem now running a tad over 11 stock clocks on heaven's bench. 
2017/04/20 11:33:26
raidersfan64
Im going to try this when I get home from work and see if I get some performance bump for sure.

I've had manual overclock's on the GPU core clock and a slight increase on the mem clock that boosted performance but; I have also had performance dips by pushing the memory clock speed to far with software such as XOC, and Afterburner.

Going to see how this Def works on my FTW2 and report back here.
2017/04/20 11:42:17
whogpu
Will flash SC2 version on my FE when I get home. YOLO.
2017/04/20 11:46:54
GTXJackBauer
whogpu

Not sure I would advise on doing that.  Doesn't it already come with 11 by default?  And you don't have a secondary BIOS AFAIK.
2017/04/20 12:25:32
Nozler
GTXJackBauer
whogpu

Not sure I would advise on doing that.  Doesn't it already come with 11 by default?  And you don't have a secondary BIOS AFAIK.

Risky risky indeed  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account