2018/03/06 01:36:04
Dikonou

2018/03/07 14:30:33
JuliusDigital
That's fine, we received the exact same card model! Don't you live in Europe too?
So, have you managed to follow step by step the guidelines in my first post #360, if not where are you stuck?

Basically you just need to download from TechPowerUp NVFlash and the proper updated BIOS version for the setting you chose on your card switch: master or slave. Then you must know how to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator and navigate to the directory where you downloaded everything. Finally you should be able to run the commands I've indicated in order to use NVFlash.
2018/03/10 22:40:16
marcodeluca
Solved BBO error but on to the next issue.  My SC2 card upgraded instantly but my FTW2 card got that BBO error.  Super annoying and i couldn't find any blogs talking about a fix.   Here is what I did to fix it:

1. powered machine off and switched FTW2 to 'slave' or secondary bios.  it has text on the back of the card to tell u which position is slave/master.
  2. booted into safemode (probably not necessary)
  3. started a command prompt as Administrator
  4. I redownloaded the 11gh flash (new) and the original bios from this blog: 
  5. CD to the directory with the original bios
  6. Flashed the original bios successfully (using secondary.exe)
  7. CD to the directory with the new bios
  8. Flashed to the new bios (using secondary.exe) successfully (somehow it liked this).  
  9. rebooted.. presto.  GPUZ shows correct numbers now.  
BUT... now my GPU doesn't have any processing power.. MSI afterburner reads 405mhz for memory, which means a failure occurred in the card.  its late, so i switched back to my primary bios for today and things are back to normal.  maybe i should have flashed using Primary.exe?? hmm.. something else to try.

2018/03/11 09:00:15
Dikonou
JuliusDigital you the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2018/03/12 14:38:48
JuliusDigital
Great you made it! Happy to help
2018/03/12 15:54:13
JuliusDigital
marcodeluca
Solved BBO error but on to the next issue.  My SC2 card upgraded instantly but my FTW2 card got that BBO error.  Super annoying and i couldn't find any blogs talking about a fix.   Here is what I did to fix it:

1. powered machine off and switched FTW2 to 'slave' or secondary bios.  it has text on the back of the card to tell u which position is slave/master.
  2. booted into safemode (probably not necessary)
  3. started a command prompt as Administrator
  4. I redownloaded the 11gh flash (new) and the original bios from this blog: 
  5. CD to the directory with the original bios
  6. Flashed the original bios successfully (using secondary.exe)
  7. CD to the directory with the new bios
  8. Flashed to the new bios (using secondary.exe) successfully (somehow it liked this).  
  9. rebooted.. presto.  GPUZ shows correct numbers now.  
BUT... now my GPU doesn't have any processing power.. MSI afterburner reads 405mhz for memory, which means a failure occurred in the card.  its late, so i switched back to my primary bios for today and things are back to normal.  maybe i should have flashed using Primary.exe?? hmm.. something else to try.

Marco, it looks like you ran into the same issue than so many of us here!

Just like me, I guess your FTW2 card probably came with the newer stock BIOS version 86.04.60.01.80 (slave). Then you managed to flash it to the older version 86.04.3B.41.80 (slave) with the "original" secondary.exe file provided in 1st post, and then again to the old version 86.04.3B.41.81 (slave) with the "updated" secondary.exe file provided in 1st post, in that order (to bypass the BBO error).

When I received my FTW2 card, I've tried the exact same steps than you (except #2: I confirm safe mode is not necessary ). Consequently the memory was also stuck at 405 MHz! Actually the problem is not related to the BIOS switch setting: whether master/primary or slave/secondary is selected, the same error occurs. So I figured out the files provided in 1st post are definitely older BIOS revisions, not compatible with FTW2 cards possibly manufactured more recently.

Take a look to the guide I've made in post #360 [forums.evga.com/FindPost/2789626] especially the Remark 2.
If you have the same card P/N and stock BIOS version than me, follow the instructions step by step to flash the proper 11 GHz BIOS and solve your issue above!
2018/03/13 02:11:06
Dikonou
Btw at firestrike temps never went above 60 celcius and stayed bit over 2000....2012 i think for GPU and 5557 for memory...
2018/03/17 11:59:56
oMekone
Anyone had stability issues after flash? Flashed my SC2 first day I got it. PC has been randomly locking up.

Going to downclock the mem and see if that helps.
2018/03/21 18:17:15
oMekone
after down clocking to stock settings my lockups stopped. Tried to flash back to the original bios posted on page one (didn't save mine), but they wont stick. Seem stuck on the updated version. I reflashed with updated and reinstalled drivers. WISH ME LUCK!
2018/03/27 05:54:31
CrgNclsn
Hi oMekone, would you perhaps be willing to take a few minutes of your time to submit the SC2 BIOS to the TechPowerUp database? I'd appreciate it a lot. You don't need an account it's just a few clicks inside GPU-Z. You just click the share icon under the Nvidia logo. Cheers!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account