2024/07/19 08:25:34
B0baganoosh
Article from Techpowerup:

The MO-RA IV series is the perfect choice for anyone seeking maximum cooling performance and excellent build quality. These monster radiators are fully modular and versatilely expandable, ideal for overclocked gaming computers, workstations or servers that are in use around the clock. WATERCOOL has optimized the fin geometry to increase performance across the entire speed range. The German manufacturer has now opted for so-called corrugated fins, which are designed to provide more power.

In addition, the pre-chamber has been optimized. WATERCOOL has raised the pre-chamber to ensure better pressure distribution. The solid brass connection terminal is now soldered to the tube geometry. This ensures greater mechanical stability and a maximum pressure of up to 5 bar. All MO-RA IV units are thoroughly pressure tested before despatch.

Modular and expandable
The MO-RA IV series can be upgraded and customized extensively. Whether wall mounting with the WALL MOUNT or the installation of a flow-optimized MO-RA TANK with one or more D5 pumps - the possibilities are almost unlimited. According to the manufacturer, you can assemble an external cooling station in a class of its own, naturally with the highest quality workmanship.

User-friendly and convenient
Thanks to years of experience and a lot customer feedback, WATERCOOL has integrated numerous convenient functions. The newly designed fan frame can be installed without screws via Quick Mount, and the fan grill also snaps tightly into place, thanks to a special ball mechanism.

Perfect control with passive, active and aRGB
With the optional passive control, the fans and pumps for the MO-RA IV can be controlled via the mainboard.

The Active Control, which is supported by a microcontroller, offers additional options. The outstanding features include an alarm function, integration of the WATERCOOL FLOW, monitoring of the fill level and display of digital temperature sensors. The Active Control can be conveniently controlled via software or the optional display, which ensures flexible and user-friendly management.

Perfect cable management
The integrated fan frame includes a fan splitter so that all fan cables can be installed out of sight. A 4-pin male to male cable is fed through the back of the MO-RA IV and connected to the computer.

The MO-RA IV series is now available for pre-order at shop.watercool.de. The manufacturer estimates a delivery time of around 30 days.

...I don't really care personally about the RGB, and as is always the case with Watercool, it gets pricey when you add all the accessories, but it does look like a pretty sweet upgrade. That 600 model is HUUUUGE lol, I gotta see if I can find a use for that at work. Can't wait to see some test data on these.
2024/07/20 08:44:58
Nereus

That's some heavy duty cooling right there.

Watch the YouTube video - impressive.

2024/07/22 13:48:10
owcraftsman
The add-ons for this radiator are innovative and are nice to see so, I love the concept however not a fan of the radiator type. I think their Heatkiller radiator desgin would be better. In particular the dual D5 pump add on looks very promising albeit needed with this style rad.

I'm also not sure any 200mm fans will be up to the task. Typically 200mm fans have low rpm and low static pressure. It's my understanding they will use a black version of the NOCTUA NF-A20 if accurate we're talking about 350 to 800 RPM with 1.08 mm H2O which is not very high in terms of what we look for in a radiator fan.

In regard to radiator type or the copper tubes running through aluminum fins. #1 they offer less flow restriction than flat tubes type, found in most radiators, which may seem like a good thing however getting high flow rate can be limited with the most common pumps like D5 or DDC. #2 Fin density looks to be maybe 2 or 3 FPI which maybe why they say 200mm fan optimized, but that doesn't always translate to better performance. It also shouldn't go unnoticed that the 600 rad holds 3 liters of coolant which is indicative of this style rad. They all hold lots more coolant than their flat tube equivalent.   

I'd love to see a full review or even a comparison by VSG over at TechPowerUp between this vs the Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper NOVA 1080mm which I use on my gaming system. I use 9x 120x25 high static pressure fans set in pull config and the stand that holds the fans/radiator and has room for push pull config. I see that as an advantage as that is not possible with the MO-RA rads. 

The MO-RA IV 600 is approx 27.5" x  26" x 3" w/stand is massive nearly 3x the size of the Nova 1080 so the MO-RA IV 400 would be a better comparison. 

In any case I love to see innovation thanks for sharing.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account