• EVGA Power Supplies
  • Are cables from Supernova 850 GT and GA compatible? Can I plug in VGA cable with any end?
2024/07/11 14:19:00
Rittmeister39
Are cables from Supernova 850 GT and GA compatible?

Also: Can I plug in a VGA power cable with any end into the GPU?
I noticed you unfortunately made the connector too big to fit into the PSU on one end, so I shaved it down so it can fit both ways, just want to make sure that the pins are compatible, even tho I had to shave down the hook that holds them in...

Why did I shave off the connector?
Because it's a split connector and looks ugly on the GPU end, also some of these cables have 2 connectors on the GPU side, and that looks even worse if there's an unused split cable hanging off the GPU, naturally... so I wanna plug them in reverse...
2024/07/13 00:11:08
Sajin
Based off this post I would say they are compatible. I would not plug them in reverse. You had to shave it to fit, so that tells me no they should not be plugged in reverse.
2024/07/26 12:51:00
Rittmeister39
thank you.
looks like the cables are compatible EXCEPT the big MB cable:
"Thank you for reaching out.  Our recommendation is always to use the cables that came with your power supply when upgrading, in this case the GT.
 However to help you a bit, the GA and GT cables are mostly compatible between these two part numbers.  The GT does have a slightly different MB (24pin cable).  If you swap the supplies, make sure to use the correct MB (24pin cable).
 Regards,
 -Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept."

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account