2023/01/04 16:52:21
Arn350z
I have tried with 3 different flash drives in fat32 256mb, 512mb And 8gb. All with EVGAA577.BIN IN root folder. This all started when I tried to flash Bios 1.09 on the 2nd bios tab, it failed and I rebooted on first bios and it worked. Thought I had switched back to bios 2 and reflashed 1 with 1.09 and have not been able to clear CMOS . I also have tried,2600,3600,5600,5800x and 5700g CPUs.Evga USB drive was always inserted in motherboard USB and when I try to see the USB in another computer it does not read drive.
2023/02/15 14:45:14
RiffyDivine
Well I flashed the update to my FTW board and now the onboard wired nic is dead. Any idea what's going on? I checked twice that it is turned on in the bios. Ended up having to use a usb to nic unit I had laying around to get back online but nothing is detecting it except for a moment in linux cmd I think it was listed in a lspci call. 
2023/02/15 15:06:19
EVGATech_JaesonW
RiffyDivine
Well I flashed the update to my FTW board and now the onboard wired nic is dead. Any idea what's going on? I checked twice that it is turned on in the bios. Ended up having to use a usb to nic unit I had laying around to get back online but nothing is detecting it except for a moment in linux cmd I think it was listed in a lspci call. 

It could be a bad flash, have you tried re-flashing the BIOS? Do make sure that you're resetting the BIOS to default before flashing, as that can sometimes cause issues if you skip that step. The board also has a backup BIOS, you could try switching over to it and see if you get the NIC back.
2023/02/15 18:04:40
RiffyDivine
EVGATech_JaesonW
RiffyDivine

It could be a bad flash, have you tried re-flashing the BIOS? Do make sure that you're resetting the BIOS to default before flashing, as that can sometimes cause issues if you skip that step. The board also has a backup BIOS, you could try switching over to it and see if you get the NIC back.

Yup, reflashed it and tried it on bios 2 to see if it was broken there also. However I never thought to reset it to stop and then reflash so I can try that but I am kind of lost hope. 
2023/03/06 03:40:56
cortina69
Is it normal when updating bios for it to finish with E6 instead of the supposed 00 in the book. I'm updating without any hardware installed until I can get a gpu. Also one other little thing one of the white leds above the ram slots dims when bios finishes updating and when you turn it back on it's still dim and warms up like till bright again
2023/04/03 11:37:27
Harriman
I'm of the mindset that if it ain't broke , don't TRY to fix it ,. my understanding when buying this board that it was 5000 series compliant out of the box, original bios , IS THIS TRUE! that I can slot in a 5900x without a bios update , or it this recommended??!

P.S. Board was bought July 2022,..X570 wifi , not the dark!
2023/04/04 06:45:46
StretchMaK
I'm no expert but the 5900x should work fine with the either of the 570 boards and original BIOS.
2023/04/05 03:33:30
Epsolike
Harriman
I'm of the mindset that if it ain't broke , don't TRY to fix it ,. my understanding when buying this board that it was 5000 series compliant out of the box, original bios , IS THIS TRUE! that I can slot in a 5900x without a bios update , or it this recommended??!

P.S. Board was bought July 2022,..X570 wifi , not the dark!

Yeah it should totally work. Only the 5800X3D had to be added by a newer BIOS update. However it would make sense to update BIOS anyway as the one that shipped with your board is 1.01 or 1.02 iirc and it's really really outdated at this point. We are at 1.09 which have better compatibility and improvements that can make the same hardware run better. Especially when you have multi-bios, you are safe! (lastly there is now neat built-in fan control for ELEET X1 which makes it easier since you don't have to control from BIOS if you don't want to. This is only possible starting from the latest BIOS)
2023/04/09 09:37:04
redhatownage
I haven’t had a single issue flashing any bios on this board, with or without cpu.
2023/05/21 23:48:34
Exhumator
Will there be a new BIOS revision with AGESA 1.2.0.8 ?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account