• EVGA Z790 Series
  • Introducing the EVGA Z790 Motherboards - The Pinnacle of High-Performance Computing (p.5)
2022/09/27 18:37:13
GTXJackBauer
Love the OG Classified logo! 

In my profile pic, I got a custom CPU waterblock done with the Classified Logo until the lights dimmed out. lol

I wonder since the Classified Socket is the same as the Kingpin, does that mean the AIOs with displays will be set sideways?
2022/09/27 19:06:28
jdec112016w
GTXJackBauer
Love the OG Classified logo! 

In my profile pic, I got a custom CPU waterblock done with the Classified Logo until the lights dimmed out. lol

I wonder since the Classified Socket is the same as the Kingpin, does that mean the AIOs with displays will be set sideways?

I have the Z690 Dark Kingpin, with a top mount EVGA CLC 280, my CLC display EVGA is sideways, aligned with the CPU socket just like it was vertical. WHY? is because it puts less strain on the tubes/hoses from, the radiator.
2022/09/27 21:41:06
Den-ko
I'm quite confused about the ad, does this mean it has pcie 4.0 nvmes and no pcie 5.0 nvme?
2022/09/28 05:42:06
woodzstack
damnit, just bought and recived yesterday the Z690 dark, and I bought it so I could use it with 13th gen, since I saw the bios update. Now theres the Z790  I literally waited what I thought was long enough to see if they'd release a board like this or the Z690 Dark was going to service both (because sometimes they do that).

Do they do step up for motherboards? Would there be any real difference in the end?
2022/09/28 10:04:59
lordkahless
Is there a release date for this?  Will we be able to pre order soon to be able to have them when we get our cpu's?  I don't want to be sitting on a 13900K cpu I receive on October 21st and be waiting for this board to become available.  
2022/09/28 10:15:39
frankd3
austin86
yaymz
What??   No more big yellow capacitors on the z790?  What will people complain about??

I liked the look of the caps...

Or, did they just cover them up?
They should be exposed for all to see
2022/09/28 11:35:11
Tom Sunday
Indeed your comparative points with the Asus Apex MB are well taken. And thank you for your comments! Perhaps it was my initial ‘off-the-cuff’ thinking giving me a kitchen-sink attitude? For immediate starters I was hoping however to immediately noticing more NVME slots.  Even if currently there are no PCIe Gen 5.0 SSDs out there to take advantage of the Gen 5 slots. Perhaps I was expecting for the new KP in boasting more noticeable 'real changes' in different architectural layout aesthetics. This is how I first met my blond girlfriend and who had assets which were highly visible and she could walk that walk. Then I did not enquire further about her other qualities.

As to pricing it’s a tough one and I would think that even EVGA corporate already had long marketing and debating discussions on this subject given their current in-house situation and the unfortunate lingering US economic condition. Vince is apparently now looking for new and additional work assignments with others! But despite that and from what we already know MB prices for the upcoming generation have essentially gone way overboard. At the recent local computer show I heard people talk about whether or not in upgrading from their Z690 to a new Z790 MB or getting a new more powerful GPU instead and which would give them a bigger bang for the buck? What can I say…never a dull moment. Greetings from Stehekin, WA far away from the madding crowd.

2022/09/28 11:47:02
Nereus
Tom Sunday
*snip*
Perhaps I was expecting for the new KP in boasting more noticeable 'real changes' in different architectural layout aesthetics. This is how I first met my blond girlfriend and who had assets which were highly visible and she could walk that walk. Then I did not enquire further about her other qualities.
*snip*

nice.

2022/09/28 13:26:11
sarratt72
Looking forward to supporting EVGA and patiently waiting to purchase a Z790 Dark KingPin.
2022/09/28 13:50:32
zippytek
babayega
zippytek
i just looked at the side by side between z690 and z790 chipsets...and it looks like the only differences chipset wise...

-z790 has 1 more usb 3.2 port
-z690 supports optane memory (no mention of it on the z790 page)

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/218833/intel-z690-chipset/specifications.html
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/sku/229721/intel-z790-chipset/specifications.html

how this translates in to board features i cannot say, as each board maker makes their own choices based on these. i'm sure the magic is in the bios and how the cpu features are best supported by the vrm etc

yea the chipset diff is a meme. BUT WHERE IS OPTANE... 905P 380GB NVME USER HERE.. NOOOO. the new beta bios improves memory overclocking even on mdie, and adds more features, like power down disabled, tvb(BORKED), the only thing borked on that bios on the 12900KS is RING ratio, cant set it above 47 ecores off for some reason. everything else seems working as expected . i can boot 7400 now.. could never do that prev bios (MDIE 6600 GSKILL KIT)

did you test a die on 1.15 or older yet? i've been working w rma apex this week and with 0082 (unpatched avx ucode) i managed north of 8000 https://hwbot.org/submission/5086857_

i spent hours wrestling with getting 8000 to even post last night with avx ucode patched in tho, very frustrating. my green sticks also have this weird "feature" where they just 55 at stock/cmos reset. i need to post in w m die, set 5600 + 1.65ish, post in power off, swap to a die then i can play. weird af

not sure if it's this apex or what, but i'm thinking about giving the dark a try tonight. if you have any bios recs for a die from your experience i'd appreciate it! 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account