• EVGA Z690 Series
  • Z690 Classified Memory has changed and CPU has changed. (p.3)
2022/09/22 19:25:20
tresnugget
veridiux
tresnugget
I was never getting CPU has changed messages but I was getting memory has changed almost every reboot. Turned out pulling up hwinfo or having it open on boot was causing it. Stopped it from opening on boot and I almost never get it any more.

Man.. I don't get it, but I removed it from startup and haven't had a single message since. 

Yeah, same. Even the few times I've opened hwinfo since removing it from startup I haven't had a single message. It's been weeks and before I was getting it nearly every boot.
2022/09/23 04:26:07
veridiux
tresnugget
veridiux
tresnugget
I was never getting CPU has changed messages but I was getting memory has changed almost every reboot. Turned out pulling up hwinfo or having it open on boot was causing it. Stopped it from opening on boot and I almost never get it any more.

Man.. I don't get it, but I removed it from startup and haven't had a single message since. 

Yeah, same. Even the few times I've opened hwinfo since removing it from startup I haven't had a single message. It's been weeks and before I was getting it nearly every boot.

yeah, it's absolutely crazy. I would have never thought that would fix it... lol
2022/09/23 14:53:16
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
veridiux
tresnugget
veridiux
tresnugget

yeah, it's absolutely crazy. I would have never thought that would fix it... lol

i've never had the memory change problem running HWiNFO64 at startup.

i'm still doing wat zippytek (ty again!) said, "CPU-Z's .ini setting SPD=0"

But most importantly i wanted to mention i only have the following (that might be related) starting with windows:

1. HWiNFO64
2. Afterburner (only for bench-marking Games.) v4.6.4.16255
3. Riva Tuner Statistics Server v7.3.3.26004
Edit:
4. EVGA Flow Control 2.1.00

2022/09/25 13:24:01
dreamyeric
Mind if I ask how you set up your RAID? Were you able to install the RST? Are you having your OS installed on the SSD or the RAID0 HDDs?

I'm having trouble installing the RST. If I use VMD to build the RAID and install the win 10 on the SSD, the SSD won't be seen during the bootup.
2022/09/25 14:39:04
veridiux
dreamyeric
Mind if I ask how you set up your RAID? Were you able to install the RST? Are you having your OS installed on the SSD or the RAID0 HDDs?

I'm having trouble installing the RST. If I use VMD to build the RAID and install the win 10 on the SSD, the SSD won't be seen during the bootup.

When you go to install windows with raid you have to install the vmd raid driver on the screen where you select your hard drive. Luckily the USB drive that came with your motherboard has it already so you just have to select the right device and folder when installing you click the "have disk" option. Ill be home in an couple hours and can try to give more detailed instructions, but I cannot remember the folder or menu layout.

Also, I have the OS setup on a nvme and three mechanical drives in raid0 for games.
2022/09/25 19:34:19
dreamyeric
Yep, I've been reading some other websites. It seems like I will have to reinstall win 10 with VMD at the first beginning if I want to have RAID1 for Data and NVME for OS. Thank you.
2023/02/18 13:58:11
CCIDgfx
None of these issues apply to me and I still get memory error anytime I restart or CPU+VMD errors if I shut down and restart. I'm running everything at stock. 12900K, no OC of any kind. Can't even run all 4 sticks or Corsair DDR5 2500 at full speed without issues. GOing to try a fresh install of Windows but I doubt that's the issue. The only reason I went with this board was because of the price and I needed something that would leave space between 2 4090 FE cards that didn't cost a fortune. I have the Asus Z690 Maximus Hero running a 12900K with same ram and 2 3090 Hybrids with no issues.  
2023/02/24 03:55:18
pearhead
Hey all, Just chiming in. New build for me just got it up and going a cpl weeks ago. Having the same issue as original poster. Restarting my system works fine, reg post beeps and all is good. A cold reboot I get 5 "bad beeps" before it boots and sometimes it goes to the Mem and CPU has changed would u like to enter setup screen. When entering set up, Nothing's changed. It's not like my CMOS battery isn't working as the settings are still saved. Also, noticed that it pauses on POST CODE D6 when doing this.
Thanks for any help in advance :)

Z690 Dark
G.Skill Ripjaws S5 Series 64gb (2x32gb) DDR5 5200 F5-5200J3636D32GX2-RS5K
EVGA 1200 P2 PSU
MSI 4080 Ventus 3x OC

2023/02/24 04:16:08
pearhead
Sorry for the double posts but I think I found my issue. Looked up that D6 code and it was "No Console Output Devices are found" My video cards #1 port is HDMI and most of the time I cannot get into BIOS unless on the HDMI port. If I plug in my DP cable and unplug the HDMI cable I get the D6 and the BAD Post BEEPS from a cold boot... Stupid MSI video card... Sure do miss you EVGA!!! I guess i fixed my issues...

Thanks,
Pearhead
2023/02/24 21:44:56
slickwicked616
veridiux
I keep getting this when turning my computer on from a cold boot. The weird issue is it doesn't do it all the time, and nothing shows changed in the bios at all.

The cpu is a 12900k, running stock
Memory is Corsair Dominator 5600Mhz
3x Mechanical drives in raid 0
1x 1tb WD Black gen4 NVME

i had this issue on my x570 ftw and now on my z690 classy and still have the issue amongst others. im almost at the point of getting another board

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account