• EVGA Z690 Series
  • Z690 Classified Memory has changed and CPU has changed. (p.2)
2022/09/14 11:06:10
veridiux
Mienko
"Memory is Corsair Dominator 5600Mhz"
How many sticks? 

I have two 16gb sticks
2022/09/14 11:10:36
tresnugget
I was never getting CPU has changed messages but I was getting memory has changed almost every reboot. Turned out pulling up hwinfo or having it open on boot was causing it. Stopped it from opening on boot and I almost never get it any more.
2022/09/14 11:14:30
veridiux
tresnugget
I was never getting CPU has changed messages but I was getting memory has changed almost every reboot. Turned out pulling up hwinfo or having it open on boot was causing it. Stopped it from opening on boot and I almost never get it any more.
oh really? I also run hwinfo on startup. I'll disable it and see if that fixes it. Thanks a ton
2022/09/14 12:07:00
Cool GTX
As far as possible conflicts go - Do not have Any software open on Boot.  Then add one at a time & see if issue still happens

What software do you run in the background?
2022/09/14 12:12:52
B0baganoosh
tresnugget

I am quite confused how hwinfo running in at boot of Windows would cause a "memory has changed" message on the next boot-up before the system even tries to load Windows.
2022/09/14 13:06:58
Sajin
B0baganoosh
tresnugget

I am quite confused how hwinfo running in at boot of Windows would cause a "memory has changed" message on the next boot-up before the system even tries to load Windows.

+1
2022/09/14 13:23:10
tresnugget
B0baganoosh
tresnugget

It seems like anything that checks memory config can have serious issues with this board. Having hwinfo up while 3dmark was pulling system info or the pulling up the spd tab on cpuz would cause hard locks and reboot. But I was getting memory has changed at least 75% of the time and after not running hwinfo at startup (thus not running hwinfo as often) I haven't gotten the message a single time since.
2022/09/14 13:39:35
B0baganoosh
tresnugget
...Having hwinfo up while 3dmark was pulling system info or the pulling up the spd tab on cpuz would cause hard locks and reboot...

This I understand. I don't like it, but I had that too and I understand that problem.

tresnugget
... after not running hwinfo at startup (thus not running hwinfo as often) I haven't gotten the message a single time since.

This I do not understand. EVGA, please explain.

2022/09/16 19:20:02
veridiux
I just turned everything off on startup and I'll let you guys know how it goes. I did get this lovely message this morning.

https://imgur.com/gallery/wujraj0
2022/09/22 18:37:49
veridiux
tresnugget

Man.. I don't get it, but I removed it from startup and haven't had a single message since. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account