2020/10/25 18:58:39
IanJay
For me it had nothing to do with my psu. I ended up buying a new 1000 watt platinum and still had the same problem..plus my older card is working fine right now without any issue
2020/11/23 17:19:53
evel79nj
Similar situation was getting weird stuttering so i restarted and no video signal after one day of use. Then i put it in multiple computers with no resolve. 1600 watt evga power supply.
2020/11/29 15:19:21
KodyxDestroyer
Same thing just happened to me yesterday. Booted up a game and after about 15 minutes of playing, black screen with no display signal detected to all of my monitors, and GPU fans at 100%. Rebooted, and there's no display, but you can hear the sound if I have my headphones on. Tried pretty much everything I can think of, different psu cables, different computer, different PCIe slot, tried reseating it in the original slot, absolutely nothing worked. Very aggravating since I hadn't even had the card for a week and it dies on a holiday week as well. Luckily I still had my old GPU, but kind of crazy that these cards are just dying so quickly like this.
2020/11/29 15:47:36
pennyboy79
KodyxDestroyer
Same thing just happened to me yesterday. Booted up a game and after about 15 minutes of playing, black screen with no display signal detected to all of my monitors, and GPU fans at 100%. Rebooted, and there's no display, but you can hear the sound if I have my headphones on. Tried pretty much everything I can think of, different psu cables, different computer, different PCIe slot, tried reseating it in the original slot, absolutely nothing worked. Very aggravating since I hadn't even had the card for a week and it dies on a holiday week as well. Luckily I still had my old GPU, but kind of crazy that these cards are just dying so quickly like this.

The exact same issue I had.  Pretty scary that this is the common theme when they die, does EVGA know what the problem is and what the cause is? 
2020/11/29 15:50:27
pennyboy79
bloodshot45
The only time I've seen the machine go black was from exceeding PSU limit. Perhaps a PSU issue?

Its definitely not a PSU issue.  I tried the GPU after it died in 2 other PCS and same thing, just a black screen and POST failure.  Plus my Corsair AX1200i is more than capable of driving this card.  The store also tested card and confirmed she was dead, so I got a replacement card.  Day 8 with it, so far so good.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account