2020/09/25 16:38:15
HeavyHemi
HawkOculus
HeavyHemi

As a MSEE, a member of IEEE and JEDEC, manager of the ATE division for one of the largest semi companies in the world (now retired). Yes in fact I am. Just what do you believe anyone here who is not a professional is going to be doing anything but expressing their opinions? Mostly based on what some amateur on the internet posted.

Nobody cares about your credentials.

And if it wasn’t an issue, then why is it being silently changed by EVGA across multiple designs vs. what is pictured on the stock photos on their product listings?

Ah, troll.  Your claim is entirely specious as stock photos frequently do not represent the final product. And of course, intelligent folks paid me well for my credentials and knowledge. Run along, troll.
2020/09/25 16:39:55
HeavyHemi
YURIIII
HeavyHemi
This is a technically inept and absurd thread. For most applications POSCAPs are superior.
Wow...the internet 'experts'. Why is everyone claiming POSCAPs are cheaper and lower quality?

The lack of MLCC is so far the only distinguishing factor between these crashing cards compared to other models. This is just a speculation until someone who actually has a proven expertise on such things shows up and explains what is going on.

If you have some insight we don't know or expertise in capacitors or designing gpus, feel free to share.

I'm not trusting one reddit post saying "MLCC this and POSCAP that" a bit more than I'm believing myself.

Based on what? Furthermore,  MLCC is the CHEAPER option compared to using POSCAPs. Do  folk even bother to look up the basics of anything prior to starting hysterical rumors?
2020/09/25 16:40:35
INGREDCOLD
HeavyHemi
This is a technically inept and absurd thread. For most applications POSCAPs are superior.
Wow...the internet 'experts'. Why is everyone claiming POSCAPs are cheaper and lower quality?

Do think any one was saying that. mlcc is better at filtering out electronic noise 
2020/09/25 16:40:38
NexusPhase
HeavyHemi
NexusPhase
HeavyHemi

For most sure. Are you 100% sure this fits in to "most"? That's the reason for this thread. So we can talk about it

As a MSEE, a member of IEEE and JEDEC, manager of the ATE division for one of the largest semi companies in the world (now retired). Yes in fact I am. Just what do you believe anyone here who is not a professional is going to be doing anything but expressing their opinions? Mostly based on what some amateur on the internet posted.

Maybe instead of just saying something you explain why?
2020/09/25 16:41:53
YURIIII
HeavyHemi
YURIIII
HeavyHemi

The lack of MLCC is so far the only distinguishing factor between these crashing cards compared to other models. This is just a speculation until someone who actually has a proven expertise on such things shows up and explains what is going on.

If you have some insight we don't know or expertise in capacitors or designing gpus, feel free to share.

I'm not trusting one reddit post saying "MLCC this and POSCAP that" a bit more than I'm believing myself.

Based on what? Furthermore,  MLCC is the CHEAPER option compared to using POSCAPs. Do  folk even bother to look up the basics of anything prior to starting hysterical rumors?

Maybe in this specific scenario (Ampere) MLCC just works better despite being cheaper? We don't know, and there's probably a reason why Asus for example went full MLCC. And considering your expertise, you're not clarifying the situation either.
2020/09/25 16:42:28
HeavyHemi
INGREDCOLD
HeavyHemi

Do think any one was saying that. mlcc is better at filtering out electronic noise 

No, they are not. In fact they are cheaper and generally inferior. Holy cow...utterly bassackwards.  
2020/09/25 16:42:55
Robob
Ran mine for 2hr on port royale stress test when I got it, no issues so far.
Not going to worry about it as card has warranty if something comes up.
As someone who has had to use RMA here before, I can say it’s as painless as can be if you ever need to use it.
2020/09/25 16:43:06
Delirious
HawkOculus
HeavyHemi

Nobody cares about your credentials.

And if it wasn’t an issue, then why is it being silently changed by EVGA across multiple designs vs. what is pictured on the stock photos on their product listings?

You should.     those sort of credentials, I would be surprised many people with them would be on a public forum.   Go visit those forums where a bunch of teens and twenty year olds bicker. 
2020/09/25 16:43:19
HeavyHemi
YURIIII
HeavyHemi
YURIIII
HeavyHemi

Maybe in this specific scenario (Ampere) MLCC just works better despite being cheaper? We don't know, and there's probably a reason why Asus for example went full MLCC.

Ha ha... lawd... at this point it is clear all this is is just rumor and noise based on nothing.
2020/09/25 16:44:23
powermix24
YURIIII
RogueGenesis
Gotta get them good capacitors man

😂🤣🤣🤣😂 Priceless

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account