• Software
  • Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread (p.59)
2020/11/14 07:05:05
Data1987
Windows 7 Pro 64  ...Still Strong!!! 
2020/11/15 18:56:54
XrayMan

Went ahead and finally installed "Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2".

All is good so far.
2020/11/15 22:23:04
atfrico
XrayMan

All is good so far.

It should be fine.
2020/11/15 23:35:14
XrayMan
atfrico
XrayMan

All is good so far.

It should be fine.

I'll take your word for it.     ;)
2020/11/16 08:50:09
Tweaked
Can't install 20H2. Fails with BSOD everytime. Stop Code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

I've searched and there are a lot of reports of failures to install, but none of them for this reason. That stop code is too generic, and I have no idea what the problem could be. Any help would be appreciated.
2020/11/16 09:18:15
Cool GTX
Tweaked
Can't install 20H2. Fails with BSOD everytime. Stop Code: PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA

I've searched and there are a lot of reports of failures to install, but none of them for this reason. That stop code is too generic, and I have no idea what the problem could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Backup your data & do a clean install ... because once you can't load Windows .. there is no way to recover your files ... unless you made recovery disk ... or some sort of backup or image

My last Update in Win 10 broke the OS ... trying to load from 20H1 to 20H2 ..... had to do a clean install ... lucky for me it was a Folding Rig & no important information was lost

That PC had several Versions of Win 10 updates loaded on top of each other ... decided to do a Clean install of 20H2 ... Loaded with No issues

Not Sure if it was my --> third part security software or what .... It was Time for a clean install anyways
2020/11/16 09:55:56
EyeDeeNo
^ Speaking of, I've had no problems with the 20H2 update everything is meshing together quite well and so well so it was time to do a new Windows Backup and System Image but holy moly it took just over 39 hours to complete using a 4 TB Seagate Expansion STEB4000100. It makes me nervous when I have the system running that long without a shutdown I think next time I'm just going to do a System Image but then again I have uninstalled a lot of things to fit new stuff and moved a bit over to the 2nd drive so maybe that's why it took so long? Ye old spinners still going strong!

Edit: Changed the x to a t for fit. 😃

2020/11/16 11:12:42
bob16314
The color blue is thought to have a calming effect on people and it is widely reported that Microsoft purposely chose it for that reason, for BSOD in Windows.
2020/11/16 11:20:03
Nereus
bob16314
The color blue is thought to have a calming effect on people and it is widely reported that Microsoft purposely chose it for that reason, for BSOD in Windows.

Wonder what would happen if they changed it to whatever color is known to trigger people with poor impulse control. Probably generate a decent sideline in replacing smashed peripherals, lmao.

"Oh, I see you smashed your PC up. Would you like some discount offers, or would you prefer extended flashing red screens of death with a loud alarm?"

2020/11/16 19:47:21
XrayMan

The only minor problem with 20H2, which was fixed, is that it switched my sound source from Creative to the Monitor. Had to switch it back. Funny how the Monitor doesn't even have speakers though.    :/ 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account