• Software
  • Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread (p.55)
2020/09/10 06:48:36
bdary
bobmitch
 Big patch incoming  KB4571744  Should be later today.  I will post as soon as made available.

Biggest fix is the SSD bug.  BUT...look at this fix list...huge! 

After this big update I see the Trim/Defrag function working again now as it should be...
2020/09/10 22:51:04
bob16314
KB4571756 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 v2004 build 19041.508 finally fixed the 'Optimize Drives' SSD Trim bug where 'Last analyzed/Last run' always reverted to 'Never'..Works for me 
2020/09/16 20:27:22
chrisdglong
KB4571756 breaks DX9 games in Windows 10. Afterburner OSD won't work and games crash when alt-tabbing out of the game and trying to go back into the game. I got several crashes in DX9 games with this update installed. Uninstalled the update and everything was back to normal! Typical Microsoft. They are forcing updates more now on Windows 10 v2004 as well. You can no longer delay feature updates and can only delay ANY update for about a month. I feel like Microsoft never "gets it"...
2020/09/16 20:58:31
bob16314
chrisdglong
You can no longer delay feature updates and can only delay ANY update for about a month.

I use the wushowhide tool to put the whammy on updates after setting my wireless connection to metered..Gives me a chance to wait and see if there's any issues being reported..Hide them from Windows Update forever if you want to so they never get shown/installed..Can unhide/install them anytime you want..There are some updates that can't be hidden though, but very few, it seems like only .NET Framework updates for me.

Create a Basic Task in Task Manager to run the wushowhide tool on a schedule if you want to.

Hide Windows Updates/Driver Updates
2020/09/17 03:37:49
coolmistry
chrisdglong
KB4571756 breaks DX9 games in Windows 10. Afterburner OSD won't work and games crash when alt-tabbing out of the game and trying to go back into the game. I got several crashes in DX9 games with this update installed. Uninstalled the update and everything was back to normal! Typical Microsoft. They are forcing updates more now on Windows 10 v2004 as well. You can no longer delay feature updates and can only delay ANY update for about a month. I feel like Microsoft never "gets it"...

I have try test any games in DX9 after update KB4571756 here so far no issue here!! 
And glad the windows Defrags is fixed and more other fix the issue! So I have no issue with KB4571756!
2020/09/17 17:19:49
chrisdglong
coolmistry
chrisdglong

I have try test any games in DX9 after update KB4571756 here so far no issue here!! 
And glad the windows Defrags is fixed and more other fix the issue! So I have no issue with KB4571756!
Did you try the two issues that I talked about, or just played the games?
2020/09/18 04:37:47
coolmistry
chrisdglong
coolmistry
chrisdglong

Yes I using Afterburner here running! I played Track mania and Wars of Tanks also OSD is running good here!
2020/09/18 06:39:10
chrisdglong
coolmistry
chrisdglong
coolmistry
chrisdglong

Yes I using Afterburner here running! I played Track mania and Wars of Tanks also OSD is running good here!
What version of Afterburner? Did you try to alt-tab from full screen mode and try clicking back in the game?
2020/09/18 06:47:51
coolmistry
It version 4.6.2. No issue with ALT-TAB as well! try reinstall MSI AB?
P.S I always play GTA or other DX11 and 12 did use ALT-TAB there no issue too 
2020/09/18 07:26:07
chrisdglong
coolmistry
It version 4.6.2. No issue with ALT-TAB as well! try reinstall MSI AB?
P.S I always play GTA or other DX11 and 12 did use ALT-TAB there no issue too 

I never said anything about DX11 or 12 games... 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account