• Software
  • Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread (p.49)
2020/05/22 07:34:17
bdary
Less than a week away from the first big OS update of 2020...
2020/06/09 19:57:21
XrayMan

June 9, 2020—KB4560960 Cumulative Update (OS Builds 18362.900 and 18363.900)      

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4560960/windows-10-update-kb4560960

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player: June 9, 2020

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4561600/security-update-for-adobe-flash-player

No issues to report.
2020/06/09 21:57:50
Bobmitch
For  those running Win 10 2004

KB4557957   19041.329      https://support.microsoft...ws-10-update-kb4557957

Highlights

• Updates an issue that prevents you from using some voice commands in Windows Mixed Reality when the default Windows language is Canadian or Australian English.
  • Improves the reliability of the keywords used for voice assistants, including Cortana.
  • Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
  • Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
  • Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
  • Updates to improve security when using external devices (such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras) and input devices (such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus).
  • Improves security in Microsoft Xbox and the Microsoft Store.
  • Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
  • Updates for storing and managing files.
  • Optimizes the touch experience when you detach the keyboard.

Improvements and fixes

This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
  • Addresses an issue that prevents users from updating .msi files from a network folder. 
  • Addresses an issue that prevents you from using some voice commands in Windows Mixed Reality when the preferred Windows display language is English (Canada) or English (Australia). 
  • Improves the reliability of voice assistants that use Windows voice activation (Settings > Privacy > Voice Activation) for keywords. 
  • Improves the reliability of Cortana's voice activation when using the “Cortana” keyword on devices that support low-power keywords. 
  • Optimizes the touch experience and keeps the familiar desktop experience when you detach the keyboard.
  • Security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Media, Windows Kernel, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Input and Composition, Windows Shell, Windows Silicon Platform, Microsoft Xbox, the Microsoft Store, Windows Cloud Infrastructure, Windows Fundamentals, Windows Management, Windows Authentication, Windows Cryptography, Microsoft HoloLens, Windows Virtualization, Windows Peripherals, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows File Server and Clustering, Windows Hybrid Storage Services, the Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows Update Stack.If you installed earlier updates, only the new fixes contained in this package will be downloaded and installed on your device.

Also a security update KB4560366, which can be downloaded thru Windows update
  • 2020/06/10 08:38:27
    bdary
    All good running Win 10 2004 after updates...
    2020/06/14 13:17:47
    fergusonll
    XrayMan

June 9, 2020—KB4560960 Cumulative Update (OS Builds 18362.900 and 18363.900)      

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4560960/windows-10-update-kb4560960

Security Update for Adobe Flash Player: June 9, 2020

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4561600/security-update-for-adobe-flash-player

No issues to report.

All good here  
    2020/06/14 22:42:38
    flyinion
    bdary
    Less than a week away from the first big OS update of 2020...

Looks like I'm still waiting for it.  "Your computer isn't ready yet"  I guess it could be worse, at least it didn't get forced on me and break something.  From what I understand it's probably drivers aren't ready yet.  Apparently a bunch of Realtek stuff (not sure if Network or Sound) isn't ready yet and I have both a 2.5g Realtek LAN port and Sound onboard.  Hardware is all fairly new though so that's the only realistic reason I can come up with.
    2020/06/16 18:34:28
    dc8flyer
    W10 appeared on my update today.

Made a clone and installed 2020/2004. Went ok except at 92 percent where it sat for 15 minutes or so. I used System Mechanic to defrag the memory a few times and it started moving again after a couple of minutes. Now sure if the defrag worked it or not. There are two 3.5 frame installs after the major install is completed.

Restarted several times and only had one minor issue that was resolved with draining the power. The W10 feels a bit more snappy and to my biggest surprise I gained 22GB of disk space after running Disk Clean Up. I'm not missing anything (documents that I can find) and everything works - printer, monitors, sound, chrome browsers, SSD still has over provisioning, etc.

Easiest Windows install for me in a long time. Glad I didn't force install it.
    2020/06/16 23:10:37
    flyinion
    dc8flyer

Made a clone and installed 2020/2004. Went ok except at 92 percent where it sat for 15 minutes or so. I used System Mechanic to defrag the memory a few times and it started moving again after a couple of minutes. Now sure if the defrag worked it or not. There are two 3.5 frame installs after the major install is completed.

Restarted several times and only had one minor issue that was resolved with draining the power. The W10 feels a bit more snappy and to my biggest surprise I gained 22GB of disk space after running Disk Clean Up. I'm not missing anything (documents that I can find) and everything works - printer, monitors, sound, chrome browsers, SSD still has over provisioning, etc.

Did your disk cleanup delete the rollback stuff for the previous version?  It's around 20GB usually and is the Windows.old folder.  It holds onto it for 2 weeks then deletes it automatically normally.
    2020/06/17 02:21:11
    dc8flyer
    flyinion
    dc8flyer

Did your disk cleanup delete the rollback stuff for the previous version?  It's around 20GB usually and is the Windows.old folder.  It holds onto it for 2 weeks then deletes it automatically normally.

I always delete prior Widows files for the space and use the clone if I need to restore.

I started off with 454GB remaining prior to download and after update install and Disk Clean the SSD shows 476GB of free disk space. I checkEd my documents and disk management for over provisional space and everything is there.
    2020/06/17 05:52:26
    dc8flyer
    An added feature on task manager is the GPU temp on the Performance tab

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account