• Software
  • Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread (p.35)
2019/11/15 09:06:25
bdary
coolmistry
bdary
If clicking "Update Now" fails.  You could leave the setting at "time.nist.gov" and restart your system instead of clicking update.  That should do it.

Good to hear your event viewer is clean...

Oh right I will do that!! But I shall leave for now so if error come back will try use time nist gov! Thanks

You're welcome...

I still have no 131 errors yet today and even used the device (BT adapter) that I believe was triggering the error to begin with...
2019/11/17 06:35:45
bdary
The start of day 3 and still no 131 errors...  Seems the issue is resolved on my system.
2019/11/17 08:12:29
Cool GTX
bdary
The start of day 3 and still no 131 errors...  Seems the issue is resolved on my system.

congrats
2019/11/18 02:09:55
coolmistry
bdary

That good to hear Bdary 

I have force the Windows Time set to time nist gov so far none error with 131 before I had to remove Xbox Wireless Receiver and Driver too for while because it make error 131 but at now it stop and no more 131 ! Will try again reinstall Xbox Wireless Receiver this week.

After I had change Windows Time to time nist gov so When I press F5 refresh then I have notice in my Devices and Printer some Icons pop up quick normal it not long load Device Setup....
Still no error 131 yeahhhh
Thanks so much Bdary and You have BR
2019/11/18 07:09:09
bdary
coolmistry
bdary

That good to hear Bdary 

I have force the Windows Time set to time nist gov so far none error with 131 before I had to remove Xbox Wireless Receiver and Driver too for while because it make error 131 but at now it stop and no more 131 ! Will try again reinstall Xbox Wireless Receiver this week.

After I had change Windows Time to time nist gov so When I press F5 refresh then I have notice in my Devices and Printer some Icons pop up quick normal it not long load Device Setup....
Still no error 131 yeahhhh
Thanks so much Bdary and You have BR

You're welcome and happy to hear this is working for you as well...
2019/11/18 09:49:03
flyinion
Been up for 4+ days on 1909 now with zero issues.  Also seems like whatever flaky update or random iffy driver update I had at some point a couple months ago that was causing random bugcheck restarts to where Windows couldn't even create the dump file has been resolved although I think it resolved a couple weeks before 1909.  That was literally happening like every 1-2 days.  I'd go to my desk and be greeted with the login screen instead of my desktop.  
2019/11/23 10:14:29
EyeDeeNo
I don't have anyway to back this up just my perception but think my system is taking a third longer to settle down (driver activity) when starting after this move to 1909?   What do you think? Edit: Yeah I know "get an SSD you stupid idiot" but outside of that anyone think their system might be taking longer to get up to speed or level out?

Side note: Don't know if anyone knows but Xbox Game Bar was updated and one thing added was a FPS Counter with graph I have been checking it out and seems it works quite well.

2019/11/23 12:40:13
Cool GTX
EyeDeeNo
I don't have anyway to back this up just my perception but think my system is taking a third longer to settle down (driver activity) when starting after this move to 1909?   What do you think? Edit: Yeah I know "get an SSD you stupid idiot" but outside of that anyone think their system might be taking longer to get up to speed or level out?

Side note: Don't know if anyone knows but Xbox Game Bar was updated and one thing added was a FPS Counter with graph I have been checking it out and seems it works quite well.

live tiles, indexing, OneDrive .... what ever Programs that Start or Update Automatically & any background activity could be the cause
2019/11/23 14:20:19
EyeDeeNo
Cool GTX

live tiles, indexing, OneDrive .... what ever Programs that Start or Update Automatically & any background activity could be the cause

I maybe should have added that I do a fair amount of defragging plus a Boot Time Defrag after an Windows update with Defraggler.

But Cool, I actively seek out Microsoft Store app updates , I will not touch OneDrive , there has been no change with Start-ups.

And speaking of Microsoft Store and Live Tiles... I wonder if they will ever fix the it so it does the live tile stuff again?
2019/11/23 14:29:56
Cool GTX
I do not know - one of the First things I do is "kill all the Live Tiles"

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account