• Software
  • Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread (p.34)
2019/11/14 11:28:17
Cool GTX
I just survived a "security update" on my laptop 1903
2019/11/14 14:13:56
bob16314
flyinion
Anyone seen or heard of any major issues with 1909 yet?

I wouldn't call it a 'major' issue, but it did bork my Aura Lighting Control, won't even open now..Had a Windows Update a while back bork AI Suite like that too..I think it'll get fixed soon by either Micro$haft or Asus.
2019/11/14 14:31:53
flyinion
bob16314
flyinion
Anyone seen or heard of any major issues with 1909 yet?

I wouldn't call it a 'major' issue, but it did bork my Aura Lighting Control, won't even open now..Had a Windows Update a while back bork AI Suite like that too..I think it'll get fixed soon by either Micro$haft or Asus.

Not what I wanted to hear.  Just had major issues with Aura.  The latest Armoury Crate said to remove Aura so I did.  My ARGB stuff on headers promptly stopped responding to changes in AC.  Tried removing/reinstalling no go.  Removed and tried just the latest Aura, nope, had to reinstall BOTH Aura and AC together against the instructions to remove Aura in order to get it to work.
2019/11/14 15:04:17
bdary
bob16314
bdary
I still see the 131 errors today in event viewer.  The update to 1909 doesn't appear to have resolved anything there.  For me anyway...

If you haven't yet, right-click on the Clear_Event_Viewer_Logs.bat and Run as administrator..Then see what errors and warnings return after restart/a few days or so.

Can't hurt.  I'll give it a look.  Thanks.

These 131 errors have been around on and off since 2014 as far as I can tell with the searching I've been doing.  Most reports have shown it caused my an MS server issue.  I'm still digging...
2019/11/14 19:09:46
Nereus

Strange. Just checked, and Aura is working fine on my rig with the latest W10 updates.

2019/11/15 02:15:18
flyinion
Nereus

Strange. Just checked, and Aura is working fine on my rig with the latest W10 updates.

Just forced the update.  Took all of 5 minutes to download and install lol.  No Aura issues either and none of the usual stuff I have to deal with on a version update.  This really just felt like a large monthly patch Tuesday thing.
2019/11/15 07:12:10
bdary
I came across this answer to the "131" errors in the event viewer from a few different sources.  I tried it last night and found that today I had no 131 errors.  At least not yet.  Recently it's been about 10 - 12 per day with ~4 right after booting up in the morning.

Look at the 1st answer from this thread about changing the "time" source > https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/04e31d9e-90ec-4d05-94ab-d2b53b026453/metadata-staging-failed-device-setup-manager-eventid-131-0x80070490?forum=win10itprosetup

I'll be checking here & there to see if I get any more of these errors, but my system has been up & running about an hour now & no errors yet.  So far so good...

I found a good explanation as to why the "time source" makes a difference, but can't find the site today.  I looked through so many yesterday...  It had something to do with how fast the OS checks installed devices and with a very short timeout, if it doesn't find the metadata in that time frame, it errors out.  Changing the time source to what's found in the link above is more accurate which stops these errors.  We'll see over time here.

Control panel > Date & Time > Internet Time tab > Change Settings > set server to "time.nist.gov" and click "Update now.
2019/11/15 07:25:24
coolmistry
bdary
I came across this answer to the "131" errors in the event viewer from a few different sources.  I tried it last night and found that today I had no 131 errors.  At least not yet.  Recently it's been about 10 - 12 per day with ~4 right after booting up in the morning.

Look at the 1st answer from this thread about changing the "time" source > https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/04e31d9e-90ec-4d05-94ab-d2b53b026453/metadata-staging-failed-device-setup-manager-eventid-131-0x80070490?forum=win10itprosetup

I'll be checking here & there to see if I get any more of these errors, but my system has been up & running about an hour now & no errors yet.  So far so good...

I found a good explanation as to why the "time source" makes a difference, but can't find the site today.  I looked through so many yesterday...  It had something to do with how fast the OS checks installed devices and with a very short timeout, if it doesn't find the metadata in that time frame, it errors out.  Changing the time source to what's found in the link above is more accurate which stops these errors.  We'll see over time here.

Control panel > Date & Time > Internet Time tab > Change Settings > set server to "time.nist.gov" and click "Update now.

Me too I have very clean in my Events Viewer within no 131! I haven't touch yet since last night and this morning it only one 131 it was three 131. So far checking now in Event Viewer it clean mm strange! Pray hope stay that way for now 

Control panel > Date & Time > Internet Time tab > Change Settings > set server to "time.nist.gov" and click "Update now > Fail update so back to Windows time it working!!!

2019/11/15 08:47:57
bdary
If clicking "Update Now" fails.  You could leave the setting at "time.nist.gov" and restart your system instead of clicking update.  That should do it.

Good to hear your event viewer is clean...
2019/11/15 08:53:12
coolmistry
bdary
If clicking "Update Now" fails.  You could leave the setting at "time.nist.gov" and restart your system instead of clicking update.  That should do it.

Good to hear your event viewer is clean...

Oh right I will do that!! But I shall leave for now so if error come back will try use time nist gov! Thanks

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account