• Software
  • Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread (p.30)
2019/11/09 14:32:40
coolmistry
XrayMan

Mine is fine. It's got that beautiful green check mark on it too.             

2019/11/09 14:45:40
Bobmitch
XrayMan
bobmitch

Windows 10 1903 (18362.449) did it again!!!  My Epson XP-960 printer is no longer listed as a printer in "Printers and Devices" in control panel.  It is listed as "Unspecified"  No matter how many times I clean the drivers and reinstall...it does the same.  Also...my secondary rig (MSI Krait X99 with i7 5820K) is up to the same build and the printer (Epson Artisan 810) is listed the same.  What is Microsoft doing????  Granted...the printer is functional...but ????  Also, my EVGA CLC280 is now CCVI

I prefer HP printers. Had others, but ended up going back to HP. It's working fine.

I have used Epson's for the past 15 or so years.  Micro Piezio technology...instantly dry the photos when they come out of the printer.  The photo quality on HIGH is exquisite.  
2019/11/09 14:48:30
XrayMan
bobmitch
XrayMan
bobmitch

Windows 10 1903 (18362.449) did it again!!!  My Epson XP-960 printer is no longer listed as a printer in "Printers and Devices" in control panel.  It is listed as "Unspecified"  No matter how many times I clean the drivers and reinstall...it does the same.  Also...my secondary rig (MSI Krait X99 with i7 5820K) is up to the same build and the printer (Epson Artisan 810) is listed the same.  What is Microsoft doing????  Granted...the printer is functional...but ????  Also, my EVGA CLC280 is now CCVI

I prefer HP printers. Had others, but ended up going back to HP. It's working fine.

I have used Epson's for the past 15 or so years.  Micro Piezio technology...instantly dry the photos when they come out of the printer.  The photo quality on HIGH is exquisite.  

Ok.         
2019/11/09 20:14:12
bdary
Luckily my Samsung printer has been working good so far through these updates...
2019/11/09 20:58:51
Nereus

I have a Brother HL-L2360DW which I purchased years ago specifically for it's small footprint. Absolutely zero issues with any MS updates.

2019/11/10 04:29:20
coolmistry
Everyone got the same problem as us!!!! See here Windows Forums 'USB drives displaying weird icons (I believe in USB 3.0 ports only)'
2019/11/10 05:28:46
Bobmitch
coolmistry
Everyone got the same problem as us!!!! See here Windows Forums 'USB drives displaying weird icons (I believe in USB 3.0 ports only)'

Pretty much it with my printer.  My CLC 280 is connected to USB 2.0 Hub...

Also...I registered with Ten Forums to state my case.  Hopefully something gets done...I think it's an overall USB issue...
2019/11/10 08:57:26
bdary
coolmistry

Interesting.  My printer is set up wireless.  Could be why no issue's with it for me.  However, when I looked at my "Devices & Printers", I noticed my Bluethooth adapter showed as a "Device" even though it has been working normally.  I have it plugged into a USB 3.0 port.  Once I moved it to a USB 2.0 port, The adapter shows the normal icon in "Devices & Printers" again and not just a device.
2019/11/10 09:29:27
coolmistry
bdary
coolmistry

Interesting.  My printer is set up wireless.  Could be why no issue's with it for me.  However, when I looked at my "Devices & Printers", I noticed my Bluethooth adapter showed as a "Device" even though it has been working normally.  I have it plugged into a USB 3.0 port.  Once I moved it to a USB 2.0 port, The adapter shows the normal icon in "Devices & Printers" again and not just a device.

It was working with those printer Epson Icons appear when online and offline it will become grey out but at now in Device and Printer there three Icons missing! My printer running fine!! When you have plug new hardware and the Device and Printer start device setup then become Icons but just Printer and Bluetooth are issue due Metadata fail and other Device running good! it not make any sense!!!
2019/11/10 11:26:19
EyeDeeNo
Huh was not aware of this issue until now?
Before powering on my printer that is connected via USB 3.0 port everything looked normal but once did I get the same.

Also notice the system tray icon disappeared?

Maybe new drivers or firmware need to be made? Just checked the Epson Software Updater but got nothing.

Attached Image(s)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account