• Software
  • Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread (p.28)
2019/11/04 16:59:37
DeadMedic
I'll give that a go thanks.
2019/11/08 10:33:33
aka_STEVE_b
The latest version has been doing fairly OK wise for me on the 3x systems in the house.

** Knock on wood **
2019/11/09 12:11:38
Bobmitch

Windows 10 1903 (18362.449) did it again!!!  My Epson XP-960 printer is no longer listed as a printer in "Printers and Devices" in control panel.  It is listed as "Unspecified"  No matter how many times I clean the drivers and reinstall...it does the same.  Also...my secondary rig (MSI Krait X99 with i7 5820K) is up to the same build and the printer (Epson Artisan 810) is listed the same.  What is Microsoft doing????  Granted...the printer is functional...but ????  Also, my EVGA CLC280 is now CCVI

Attached Image(s)

2019/11/09 12:18:10
coolmistry
+1

I got the same as your with error in Device and Printers! I have been try figure out try repair but no chance to find this issue!! Must be that Windows update  it has been twice or so!! 

Attached Image(s)

2019/11/09 12:22:56
Bobmitch
coolmistry
+1

I got the same as your with error in Device and Printers! I have been try figure out try repair but no chance to find this issue!! Must be that Windows update  it has been twice or so!! 

I am uninstalling each update until it shows back up as a printer...sometimes I hate Microsoft....I was gonna do a clean install...thinking that something in Windows was corrupted.  How about Windows, itself?
2019/11/09 12:25:55
coolmistry
I have try that and it still no change bro!! Not Worthing to uninstall some devices it will make worst!! I done restore Windows twice . I hope restore will fix this but no change still issue here!!!
2019/11/09 12:33:09
Bobmitch
Yeah...I am back to 18362.418 and still the same.  Also...now that I uninstalled KB4522355, I can't uninstall any more...no longer an option...???

Honestly...the only reason I found this was a few patches ago...Microsoft broke printing and "sometimes" the printer would be online and sometimes not.  Then they released a patch that fixed it so the printer was working 100% of the time.  After the last patch...the problem with the printer being powered up and offline came back.  I went into Printers and Devices and lo and and behold.  I wonder what is going to happen with Windows 10 1909, which is supposed to be a Windows update in the next week or so.  What else will they break.  Thankful that my CLC280 is working properly...keeps my CPU cool and fans ramp up and down normally...

2019/11/09 12:41:29
coolmistry
Mmm I gave up here for now I have disable Device Setup Manager in my Windows services for temporary until next Update!!
2019/11/09 12:55:49
Bobmitch
coolmistry
Mmm I gave up here for now I have disable Device Setup Manager in my Windows services for temporary until next Update!!

The next update is 18363.449 Win 10 v 1909.
2019/11/09 12:55:56
coolmistry
bobmitch
Yeah...I am back to 18362.418 and still the same.  Also...now that I uninstalled KB4522355, I can't uninstall any more...no longer an option...???

Honestly...the only reason I found this was a few patches ago...Microsoft broke printing and "sometimes" the printer would be online and sometimes not.  Then they released a patch that fixed it so the printer was working 100% of the time.  After the last patch...the problem with the printer being powered up and offline came back.  I went into Printers and Devices and lo and and behold.  I wonder what is going to happen with Windows 10 1909, which is supposed to be a Windows update in the next week or so.  What else will they break.  Thankful that my CLC280 is working properly...keeps my CPU cool and fans ramp up and down normally...

Yes it the same as my one!! That my Wireless Controller Receiver go offline and then on made cause crash my games the reason I had to disable Device Setup Manager for while! That icons display for Xbox Wireless Receiver and Wireless Controller gone icons and the Bluetooth, Printer too!!!

I don't use CCVI software cos this fans go ramp too high loud noise at 60c fro 100% speed. I use my MB CPU1 and CPU2 pins for my radiators cooler fans instead plug y-split pins to Cooler pump. It much better more nice quiet 

EDIT> I used CCVI before and yeah that working fine in Device and Printer but just other are issue!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account