• Software
  • Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread (p.26)
2019/10/26 01:55:44
rjohnson11
Microsoft is ending a lot of support for Microsoft Edge because of the new version that is coming. The Microsoft Edge develop version is personally recommended by me over the old version. The new version uses Chromium. Sadly BING still needs improvements. 
2019/10/26 07:18:16
GTXJackBauer
flyinion
What the................... I give up.  This latest update fixed the broken start menu (which was a new symptom this round of installs, the other update wasn't causing that before) but now the search box is broken again.  I guess after years of not having problems with updates my turn came around ughhhhhhhhhh.

edit:  LOL now I don't know what to do.  I decided to do a restart first and now the search box works.  I guess I'll let it sit overnight and see what happens.

I don't understand how you're having so many MS issues.  Is it bad downloads, corrupted files, bad registry, etc.?  I would reinstall windows and start fresh as much as it could be a pain.  Worth the trouble and you can slowly install all the apps you use to see who starts trouble.  Make sure to restart every time you install and or update.
2019/10/26 09:01:34
bdary
About 24 hours since the last optional update "http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB4522355" and no issue's with this or any of the other recent updates this past week...  So far, so good.
2019/10/26 09:01:52
EyeDeeNo
XrayMan

Updated here too. Let's see how it goes.

Two days and counting, so far the system is running superbly. Have already cleaned out the leftovers.

rjohnson11
Microsoft is ending a lot of support for Microsoft Edge because of the new version that is coming. The Microsoft Edge develop version is personally recommended by me over the old version. The new version uses Chromium. Sadly BING still needs improvements. 

Been waiting all year for the official release but maybe soon or next year sometime is anyone's guess?

Bing has always work just fine for my needs but than again I stopped regularly using Google since the launch of Bing.

2019/10/26 09:31:24
flyinion
GTXJackBauer
flyinion
What the................... I give up.  This latest update fixed the broken start menu (which was a new symptom this round of installs, the other update wasn't causing that before) but now the search box is broken again.  I guess after years of not having problems with updates my turn came around ughhhhhhhhhh.

edit:  LOL now I don't know what to do.  I decided to do a restart first and now the search box works.  I guess I'll let it sit overnight and see what happens.

I don't understand how you're having so many MS issues.  Is it bad downloads, corrupted files, bad registry, etc.?  I would reinstall windows and start fresh as much as it could be a pain.  Worth the trouble and you can slowly install all the apps you use to see who starts trouble.  Make sure to restart every time you install and or update.

I think it's all the fault of that one update. It seems fine now. Really don't want to reinstall since I just did that two months ago when I built the system. MS just needs to stop putting out broken updates.
2019/10/26 11:53:47
GTXJackBauer
flyinion

MS just needs to stop putting out broken updates.

Can't argue with you there. 
2019/10/26 21:46:44
bob16314
Zero issues here in the last few days after the KB4522355 update.

Guess I'm luck, but the one and only Win10 update that ever caused a problem for me was KB4056892 that caused AI Suite to not even launch.
2019/10/28 12:00:50
Nereus

I'll give it a shot then.. thanks early guinea pigs

2019/10/31 16:52:53
knightsilver
Where do we sign up for “Sue you Microsoft’s Whore Scum Bucket for Crap OS Win10!”
2019/10/31 19:47:36
Nereus
knightsilver
Where do we sign up for “Sue you Microsoft’s Whore Scum Bucket for Crap OS Win10!”

Apply at http://takeanumberandgetinline.sucker   ;)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account