• Software
  • Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread (p.22)
2019/10/07 12:53:33
NazcaC2
That update is also breaking printer functionality. An update to fix that is set to be released tomorrow.

A customer of mine began having printer issues from Chrome a few days ago and found out that this update caused it. Uninstalling that KB fixed the Chrome print issues. With it, Chrome would close unexpectedly when trying to print, when the dialog box appeared.
2019/10/07 13:00:33
Cool GTX
NazcaC2
That update is also breaking printer functionality. An update to fix that is set to be released tomorrow.

A customer of mine began having printer issues from Chrome a few days ago and found out that this update caused it. Uninstalling that KB fixed the Chrome print issues. With it, Chrome would close unexpectedly when trying to print, when the dialog box appeared.

I've seen a few printer issues ... hope the next patch resolves this
2019/10/07 13:40:52
Bobmitch
NazcaC2

The main issue I had was that even with the printer turned on...Windows said it wasn't.  If I chose to print something...the spooler came up and said no printer was initialized.  Now, after the 388 patch...my printer works normally again.  Wonder what more the next patch will fix?
2019/10/07 14:22:05
XrayMan

I am also having printer issues. It won't print all the time. Just most of the time.
2019/10/07 15:03:09
Bobmitch
XrayMan

I am also having printer issues. It won't print all the time. Just most of the time.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4524149

17763.1040 Should fix that for you!

2019/10/07 15:36:13
XrayMan
bobmitch
XrayMan

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4524149

17763.1040 Should fix that for you!

I'll try it, and get back to you on if it worked or not.
2019/10/07 17:06:12
EyeDeeNo
I read a few days ago there are reports of Start Menu crashes and what you all taking about the issues with print spooler but did not think it was to widespread.

The KB4524147 update has given me no issues. 
2019/10/08 07:23:30
bdary
EyeDeeNo
I read a few days ago there are reports of Start Menu crashes and what you all taking about the issues with print spooler but did not think it was to widespread.

The KB4524147 update has given me no issues. 

I installed that update 3 or 4 days ago and haven't had any issue's either.  Another one of M$'s hit or miss updates...
2019/10/08 07:27:20
aka_STEVE_b
I think MS hired ex-Battlefield coders -- fix an issue, cause 3 others in the process .
2019/10/08 22:04:03
Bobmitch
Windows 10 1903 (18362.418)

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4517389/windows-10-update-kb4517389

Highlights

• Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
  • Updates for verifying user names and passwords.
  • Updates for storing and managing files.

Improvements and fixes

This security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:
        Addresses an issue in security bulletin CVE-2019-1318 that may cause client or server computers that don’t support
    Extended Master Secret (EMS) RFC 7627
      to have increased connection latency and CPU utilization. This issue occurs while performing full Transport Layer Security (TLS) handshakes from devices that don’t support EMS, especially on servers. EMS support has been available for all the supported versions of Windows since calendar year 2015 and is being incrementally enforced by the installation of the October 8, 2019 and later monthly updates.
    • Addresses an issue with applications and printer drivers that utilize the Windows JavaScript engine (jscript.dll) for processing print jobs.
    • Security updates to Windows Shell, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Windows Cryptography, Windows Authentication, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Kernel, Microsoft Scripting Engine, and Windows Server.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account