2019/05/24 12:43:41
the_Scarlet_one
STAFFI_1991
hi all, sorry for my english

my GTX 1070 FTW has already installed this thermal pads ( is it possible that this pad installed in factory ?)
but when i chek my serail number on this site: https://www.evga.com/support/register.asp it says recommended steps to do
my bios version is  86.04.1e.00.70, proposed bios version is  86.04.50.00.72
If this procedure was performed in the factory ( thermal mod) , why does not have this card new bios

More than likely it is just a bios update in general, and the current bios isn’t going to hurt anything. Bios updates happen for numerous reasons.
2019/05/24 13:56:35
STAFFI_1991
the_Scarlet_one
STAFFI_1991
hi all, sorry for my english

my GTX 1070 FTW has already installed this thermal pads ( is it possible that this pad installed in factory ?)
but when i chek my serail number on this site: https://www.evga.com/thermalmod/it says recommended steps to do
my bios version is  86.04.1e.00.70, proposed bios version is  86.04.50.00.72
If this procedure was performed in the factory ( thermal mod) , why does not have this card new bios

More than likely it is just a bios update in general, and the current bios isn’t going to hurt anything. Bios updates happen for numerous reasons.

thank for answer about bios

please help me to determine this thermal pads what i see in my card, is it original thermal mod kit or fake poor quality pads ?
because of, when i chek my card S/N on this link, it say that i need thermal mod    https://www.evga.com/thermalmod/
can i request this pads now ?
2019/05/25 05:45:41
tattude69
I was told buy tech support a few weeks ago they were out and i would have to buy some elsewhere, but that was also after they said they would send me some, So it cant hurt to ask. Good Luck
2019/05/25 10:45:11
the_Scarlet_one
STAFFI_1991
thank for answer about bios

please help me to determine this thermal pads what i see in my card, is it original thermal mod kit or fake poor quality pads ?
because of, when i chek my card S/N on this link, it say that i need thermal mod    https://www.evga.com/thermalmod/
can i request this pads now ?

Those look the same as the pads that were sent out by EVGA.

Did you purchase the card brand new or from someone else? If you bought it from someone else, they may have added the pads themselves and it should be fine. If it is new, then they probably applied the pads and it just didn’t get updated in the system.

As long as there is a bad installed, there shouldn’t be anything to worry about. The pads EVGA sent out initially were not a super expensive pad, so it shouldn’t hurt to just keep the one that is already installed where it is. You could still ask, but I doubt it will make very much difference.
2019/07/02 11:58:37
SmackArtVideo
Hi all - I've come to this forum out of necessity after hearing about the thermal issue and need for updated bios.
My 1070 was purchased prior to the updated bios & thermal pad upgrade and burst into flames. Yes, Flames. Taking my motherboard with it.
So my question is: Was this upgrade something that any of you were contacted by EVGA via your GTX1070 registration or was it only available if you looked for it here?

Thanks!
2019/07/02 12:43:47
Sajin
The bios update & thermal pads wouldn't have stopped your card from bursting into flames.
2019/11/20 02:20:39
DRIZTT
I have just bought a brand new 1070 ft 2 days ago. Is the thermal pad still an issue or have evga put the correct pads in after the problems was raised? I don't want to open up my card just to check if possible
2019/11/20 04:58:20
the_Scarlet_one
DRIZTT
I have just bought a brand new 1070 ft 2 days ago. Is the thermal pad still an issue or have evga put the correct pads in after the problems was raised? I don't want to open up my card just to check if possible

You wouldn’t need to open the card, you can just look from the side and see them.

“Brand new” 3 years after the issue started is a little hard to believe. Is it brand new to you, or actually brand new with full 3 year warranty from EVGA? Most of the possibility will depend on the actual card, as the thermal pads were set to be replaced a couple of years ago.

You should contact EVGA customer support and have them verify the serial number, and they can tell you more about the card as well as the status of the thermal pads.
2019/11/20 05:00:50
Cool GTX
the_Scarlet_one
DRIZTT

You wouldn’t need to open the card, you can just look from the side and see them.

“Brand new” 3 years after the issue started is a little hard to believe. Is it brand new to you, or actually brand new with full 3 year warranty from EVGA? Most of the possibility will depend on the actual card, as the thermal pads were set to be replaced a couple of years ago.

You should contact EVGA customer support and have them verify the serial number, and they can tell you more about the card as well as the status of the thermal pads.

Welcome to the EVGA Forums DRIZTT

Check Your Card's Serial Number Here:  https://www.evga.com/thermalmod/
2020/09/28 08:58:12
ethan93m
thank you

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account