2016/10/26 19:13:59
bcavnaugh
Now we need some more Team Members to Join In!
2016/11/20 20:15:17
bill1024
Should we make this thread a sticky so it stays up top?
Maybe more people will chime in if they see it.

2016/11/20 20:19:52
bcavnaugh
bill1024
Should we make this thread a sticky so it stays up top?
Maybe more people will chime in if they see it.

It would make it easy to find.
I was looking for just now to see what are plans are for December.

Current 
November: yodap WGC 12th WCG Birthday Challenge  November 16th to the 22th
December: HK-Steve Enigma 5th to the 9th
January: robbysites 5 Day Pogs Challenge
February: Opolis  Universe@home 13th to the 17th
2016/11/22 15:33:26
wizanhi
ok, following this now that i'm getting intot he game with everyone else instead of just myself LOL. Will devote what I can.  My main goal for december will be to build a few servers.  Getting my hands on a few e3's and tesla k40's....so currently reasearching how best to build something that can fit in my tiny house ><
2016/11/22 15:56:51
bcavnaugh
It can be Great Fun and a Different kind of Hobby that is for sure.
2016/11/22 22:27:18
HK-Steve
and very addictive....
2016/11/22 23:01:40
bill1024
Can be expensive too
2016/11/26 10:07:18
howdy2u2
@ anyone who can give me some info on Engima as I see it was originally to crack the 3 codes not deciphered originally. From what I can understand they have all been cracked as of 14/01/2013, soooooooooooooooo with that said...............exactly what is the project doing now? Can someone direct me or inform me what is actually going on. I have followed links and read up as much as I can but everything basically redirects to the 3 unbroken codes that have been broken. TIA 

Why try to break something that has already been broken?

2016/11/26 10:12:35
bcavnaugh
howdy2u2
@ anyone who can give me some info on Engima as I see it was originally to crack the 3 codes not deciphered originally. From what I can understand they have all been cracked as of 14/01/2013, soooooooooooooooo with that said...............exactly what is the project doing now? Can someone direct me or inform me what is actually going on. I have followed links and read up as much as I can but everything basically redirects to the 3 unbroken codes that have been broken. TIA 

Not all have been Broken, that is why this BOINC Project is running.
If you have Not gone to the Website Yet do so and do some reading.

Enigma @ Home is a wrapper between BOINC and Stefan Krah's M4 Project. 'The M4 Project is an effort to break 3 original Enigma messages with the help of distributed computing.
The signals were intercepted in the North Atlantic in 1942 and are believed to be unbroken.' [read more]
You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

From the Home Page:

FNYG MXHU broken
Today around 02:30 GMT+2 ThrasherX-17 from team Keep The Fire Alive! returned the plaintext of 76 letters long FNYG MXHU message:

leitungvvvuuustuetzpktxwwwhavenxxfffttteunszwozwovierhuermitvrrhhhvvvgeloest

The message says:
"AN LEITUNG VON U BOOT STUETZPUNKT WILHELMSHAVEN: FUNKTELEGRAMM EINS ZWO ZWO VIER HIER MIT RHV GELOEST"

Which translates to:

"[To] Control from Submarine Base Wilhelmshaven: Radio message 1224 solved with RHV"

If you'd like to know more about the context of this message, read Dan Girard's explanation         20 Jun 2013, 8:01:37 UTC                · Comment                 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_machine
2016/11/26 10:17:17
howdy2u2
bcavnaugh
howdy2u2

Not all have been Broken, that is why this BOINC Project is running.
If you have Not gone to the Website Yet do so and do some reading.

Enigma @ Home is a wrapper between BOINC and Stefan Krah's M4 Project. 'The M4 Project is an effort to break 3 original Enigma messages with the help of distributed computing.
The signals were intercepted in the North Atlantic in 1942 and are believed to be unbroken.' [read more]
You can participate by downloading and running a free program on your computer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_machine

Been there, done that........last blog on the web link is 2008, the last post on the RH side of the page was August 2016. Everything goes back to the 3 original messages............... I know what an Enigma machine is and what it did back in the day. BUT How many more are there? > No info, What are the current messages being worked on? > no info, Are there some messages partially broke? > No info............... I went to the message boards to find out..........Last post 7 days ago.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account