2016/12/08 17:11:46
bcavnaugh
 9 6 for  Orange1050 Today
Average Team Rank across Projects: Nice Team Drop as Well 9.785710.42857 Today Below 10, not many of us at this level.
2016/12/08 18:52:14
wizanhi
Just let me know when I can sign up and when i should start or stop and start... btw, what's bunkering?  i've seen it referred a few times but dont know what its all about. 
2016/12/08 18:57:16
bcavnaugh
wizanhi
Just let me know when I can sign up and when i should start or stop and start... btw, what's bunkering?  i've seen it referred a few times but dont know what its all about. 

It is where you download a few days of project tasks and then turn off network updating until the start of an Event and then you turn back on your network updating and dump all the completed tasks.

The Start and Stop Dates and Time will be posted with Each POTM.

I hope that within our own Team POTM Events and Challenges that you do not bunker.
A note about bunkering, while you do this you cannot run any other BOINC Projects.
So while POGS is CPU Only you could not use your GPU for other BOINC Projects, though you could Fold.
2016/12/08 19:13:06
bcavnaugh
wizanhi

feel free to take 99% of the pie =P.  I can't compete against 100+ cores...hehe. My 3rd cpu is finishing up some WCG task and should be joining the partay in a few hours.  

Remember to that it is the Team that we are moving up the Ladder as well as individual scores.
While each of us cannot compete at the same level it is still a Team Effort that we are heading for.
Each Project needs help and some more than others and some not at all, but it is also to help the individual that has selected the POTM.
Call it Support for a Team Member on our Team. While some do not Crunch of all Projects you have seen Active Team Members run Project that they would not normally have ran. But are here now supporting that individual's POTM. 
2016/12/08 19:26:03
wizanhi
bcavnaugh
wizanhi

It is where you download a few days of project tasks and then turn off network updating until the start of an Event and then you turn back on your network updating and dump all the completed tasks.

The Start and Stop Dates and Time will be posted with Each POTM.

I hope that within our own Team POTM Events and Challenges that you do not bunker.
A note about bunkering, while you do this you cannot run any other BOINC Projects.
So while POGS is CPU Only you could not use your GPU for other BOINC Projects, though you could Fold.

ahhh...no worries...turning network on and off is annoying in and of itself.  I just let it connect whenever its suppose to and dont mess with those settings much.   My GPU just folds for me when i'm not gaming so or learning how to mess with cuda coding.

bcavnaugh
wizanhi

feel free to take 99% of the pie =P.  I can't compete against 100+ cores...hehe. My 3rd cpu is finishing up some WCG task and should be joining the partay in a few hours.  

Remember to that it is the Team that we are moving up the Ladder as well as individual scores.
While each of us cannot compete at the same level it is still a Team Effort that we are heading for.
Each Project needs help and some more than others and some not at all, but it is also to help the individual that has selected the POTM.
Call it Support for a Team Member on our Team. While some do not Crunch of all Projects you have seen Active Team Members run Project that they would not normally have ran. But are here now supporting that individual's POTM. 

That's one reason i'm having a good time.  I get to be more interactive because of these events.  The folding challenge kind of started everything.  Look forward to just having a good time and learning about new projects.  
2016/12/08 20:29:12
Opolis
Scheduled power outage for about 8 hours today...don't they know it's POTM time!?
Anyway I'm back up now for the final push!
2016/12/08 20:49:38
bcavnaugh
Opolis
Scheduled power outage for about 8 hours today...don't they know it's POTM time!?

What! your Home has a "Scheduled Power Outage" in the Winter?

2016/12/08 22:40:11
bill1024
I will not bunker in an inter team challenge. Should be nice and cold then too, hope I can fire up every system.
I have all I need now to fire up every one. Well except tranquilizers for the wife when it is all running!!!
The house will be "A buzz" the hum of all the fans is good for me, I have ringing in my ears from all the rock concerts I went to when I was young.
The fans help distract from the ringing.
2016/12/08 23:33:46
Opolis
bcavnaugh
Opolis

What! your Home has a "Scheduled Power Outage" in the Winter?

Power company shutdown everything during the day to work on something in my area.
It was during business hours and it doesn't really get cold in southern California.

2016/12/09 08:20:33
robbysites
OK - It is Friday and as promised I have our January challenge locked and loaded - you may sign up at your leisure by following the information below;

Evga's Masters of the Universe Challenge - Who has the Power?

Invite Only Details

As this challenge is an invite only challenge any one signing up will need to use the following code: 1efa00
Or they can use this link:
https://www.theskynet.org/challenges/98?invite_code=1efa00&locale=en

Big credit to Bcavnaugh for helping me correct the setup for this event!!

Give me some feedback on how difficult/easy the signup process is - thanks

As of this edit - We have 3 members signed up 11:37est

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account