• Crunching@EVGA
  • Welcome all new members to Crunching@EVGA! *Please report in* (p.21)
2019/04/10 18:43:07
Opolis
Welcome!  Seems you got started the same as I did.  FAH, then WCG, and then down the rabbit hole.

2019/04/11 07:51:21
Holdolin
So, I decided to sneak across to the other side of the fence.  At this point I only have my slowest rig crunching till I get all this figured out, mostly the configuration.  Currently looking for E.T.([link=mailto:SETI@home]SETI@home[/link]).  Once I get comfy with setting up a single-gpu box I'll switch all my production here.
2019/04/11 10:59:23
planetclown
Holdolin
So, I decided to sneak across to the other side of the fence.  At this point I only have my slowest rig crunching till I get all this figured out, mostly the configuration.  Currently looking for E.T.([link=mailto:SETI@home]SETI@home[/link]).  Once I get comfy with setting up a single-gpu box I'll switch all my production here.

Awesome, welcome aboard! 
2019/04/12 11:59:00
bill1024
gbaker3
Well, I guess I'm BOINC'ing now. That's the right term, yes? As of right now I've been crunching for about a week. I had always had Crunching in the back of my mind (hard not to notice all of the impressive sig badges while lurking over in the F@H side of the forum), but never got around to looking into it. It was actually bill1024's appeal for help with last month's WCG sprint that pushed me over the edge. Unfortunately the system has a bit of a learning curve compared to F@H so I wasn't able to help out with that one, but now that I am up and running I'll certainly help with the next one.

I think the Install Instructions thread (start up guide) could use a little updating. When starting over at WCG, the site has you download their own branded BOINC manager which threw me off a bit. Although the post is useful in pointing one in the right direction, a bit more of an overview of how the BOINC system works and how different projects interact the the BOINC manager could help ease new team members into it.

So being part of the team now, could anyone suggest where to focus my effort to help with our Formula BOINC marathon goals? I am primarily doing CPU tasks since my only decent GPUs are still going to be used for folding. I see there is a sprint coming up, so I will for sure focus on whatever that project is for the next few days.

Looking forward to Crunching with everyone!

Welcome aboard. Thank you for joining in and helping out. Every core counts, have just one or 200, it all adds up.
2019/04/12 12:03:27
bill1024
Holdolin

Thanks for joining in the crunching side. It seems a bit hard when first starting. There are a few things to learn.
But it is not all that bad. If you have a good memory it helps. 
The thing I like most is there are so many projects to choose from. There is something for everyone.
Have any questions, start a thread and ask away. Someone in the bunch will know the answer and willing to help.
Good luck and thanks again.
2019/04/12 12:05:18
Holdolin
bill1024
Holdolin

Thanks for joining in the crunching side. It seems a bit hard when first starting. There are a few things to learn.
But it is not all that bad. If you have a good memory it helps. 
The thing I like most is there are so many projects to choose from. There is something for everyone.
Have any questions, start a thread and ask away. Someone in the bunch will know the answer and willing to help.
Good luck and thanks again.

Thanks!! Ya, I'm feelin a bit lost right now, but hey; I already figured out how to enable remote control of my clients so I guess I'm heading in the right direction
2019/04/12 15:27:28
yodap
Welcome guys!
2019/10/27 14:26:29
jfw06013
Just joined.
jfw06013 (ID 3195879)
Team: SETI.USA >>>to Crunching@EVGA
Average per day: 139,655.19 (but I have seen more than 140,000 work units).
TOTAL (so far) 95,122,758 WU's (work units).
Date started crunching.
16 Jul 2002, 2:29:22 UTC
2019/10/27 14:51:38
bill1024
Welcome to the team, glad you decided to join us, thank you.

We are pretty active with challenges and sprints of all kinds WCG, primegrid, seti and so on.
Crunch what you like, as much or as little as you like. Any help with CPU challenges like primegrid is welcomed.
If you have any questions as far as how to, there are people here who can help or point you in the right direction.
Thanks again.

2019/10/27 14:54:45
bcavnaugh
bill1024
Welcome to the team, glad you decided to join us, thank you.

We are pretty active with challenges and sprints of all kinds WCG, primegrid, seti and so on.
Crunch what you like, as much or as little as you like. Any help with CPU challenges like primegrid is welcomed.
If you have any questions as far as how to, there are people here who can help or point you in the right direction.
Thanks again.

+1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account