• Crunching@EVGA
  • Welcome all new members to Crunching@EVGA! *Please report in* (p.20)
2018/12/16 14:22:32
bcavnaugh
menace33
bcavnaugh
Thanks, You must not have any data or points uploaded yet, Bam!

Hmmm shows my contributions at 66,978 so far. I just joined the team for the Rosetta and PrimeGrid projects today.

Maybe as MZA?
2018/12/16 14:30:57
menace33
bcavnaugh

Maybe as MZA?

Crap I forgot I went to the nickname instead of my EVGA board name. I'll change that.
2018/12/16 14:35:21
bcavnaugh
menace33
bcavnaugh

Maybe as MZA?

Crap I forgot I went to the nickname instead of my EVGA board name. I'll change that.

No Need, but the sooner you change the Better.
Point wise it is really based on the email address you use and also we have found that the email address and Team Name is case sensitive.
We on some sub PG Projects the Team Name Crunching@EVGA  is very case sensitive.

Also I really only wanted to know so I could go to each of the Projects and send you a Welcome Aboard PM.
2018/12/16 14:52:10
menace33
bcavnaugh

No Need, but the sooner you change the Better.
Point wise it is really based on the email address you use and also we have found that the email address and Team Name is case sensitive.
We on some sub PG Projects the Team Name Crunching@EVGA  is very case sensitive.

Also I really only wanted to know so I could go to each of the Projects and send you a Welcome Aboard PM.

Gotcha, it's all changed.
2018/12/16 14:54:59
bcavnaugh
It can take up to 48 hours to see the change.
2018/12/16 15:03:12
bill1024
Welcome aboard menace33.
2018/12/16 17:40:53
planetclown
bill1024
Welcome aboard menace33.

2018/12/27 19:39:09
bcavnaugh
Welcome to the Team  
cp sergio
jacob
sbrm1
GrimZore

2019/04/10 07:14:45
gbaker3
Well, I guess I'm BOINC'ing now. That's the right term, yes? As of right now I've been crunching for about a week. I had always had Crunching in the back of my mind (hard not to notice all of the impressive sig badges while lurking over in the F@H side of the forum), but never got around to looking into it. It was actually bill1024's appeal for help with last month's WCG sprint that pushed me over the edge. Unfortunately the system has a bit of a learning curve compared to F@H so I wasn't able to help out with that one, but now that I am up and running I'll certainly help with the next one.

I think the Install Instructions thread (start up guide) could use a little updating. When starting over at WCG, the site has you download their own branded BOINC manager which threw me off a bit. Although the post is useful in pointing one in the right direction, a bit more of an overview of how the BOINC system works and how different projects interact the the BOINC manager could help ease new team members into it.

So being part of the team now, could anyone suggest where to focus my effort to help with our Formula BOINC marathon goals? I am primarily doing CPU tasks since my only decent GPUs are still going to be used for folding. I see there is a sprint coming up, so I will for sure focus on whatever that project is for the next few days.

Looking forward to Crunching with everyone!
2019/04/10 11:47:59
bcavnaugh
I use BAM!  myself to manage my BOINC Projects.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account