• Crunching@EVGA
  • Welcome all new members to Crunching@EVGA! *Please report in* (p.15)
2017/03/20 19:41:46
Exnihilo Curatio
ARRRGGGHHHH  I'm pulling my hair out here.  I have BOINC set up and WCG running fine, but I can't seem to sign up for anything that uses the GPU.
I tried to add Einstein at home through BOINC and it set up an account, but it used my user name from the computer  instead of letting me choose one and I can't find a way to change it on the Einstein site.
It also won't let me choose a team.
I'm sure there is something easy I'm missing but I can't figure it out. Just to test I tried adding Asteroids at home and the same thing, it won't let me choose a user name or a team at signup.

BTW thanks Planetclown for the help, I did get an updated version of BOINC from there.

OK it looks like BAM! is not going to work as it wants to use the same email (OK) and password (NOT OK) for each project.
I'll keep trying to figure this out.  

Edit: I think I have a (very small) handle on this.  I can sign up to a project through BAM! then go to the site and change password and join the team. 
Doing WCG on CPU and GPUGrid and Asteroids on the GPU.
Thanks for the help and I would appreciate any tips or tweaks.

MMMMM, Crunchy!
2017/03/21 03:43:46
howdy2u2
Exnihilo Curatio
ARRRGGGHHHH  I'm pulling my hair out here.  I have BOINC set up and WCG running fine, but I can't seem to sign up for anything that uses the GPU.
I tried to add Einstein at home through BOINC and it set up an account, but it used my user name from the computer  instead of letting me choose one and I can't find a way to change it on the Einstein site.

Log in to your account @ Einstein then >Preferences>Community  On the Communities page you will see "General Settings" the box with "Name *" can be changed and will be your user name you choose.

Primegrid has lots of GPU projects if you are in to finding primes.

2017/03/21 11:43:39
ipkha
It sucks that Folding is that main use of GPUs in biology science. Most of the gpu projects are mathematical.
2017/03/21 15:22:06
Exnihilo Curatio
howdy2u2

Log in to your account @ Einstein then >Preferences>Community  On the Communities page you will see "General Settings" the box with "Name *" can be changed and will be your user name you choose.

Primegrid has lots of GPU projects if you are in to finding primes.

Awesome, that worked perfectly. Thanks.
I'll try the Primegrid thing after I've put some time in with GPUGrid.
2017/03/21 15:25:39
howdy2u2
Exnihilo Curatio
Awesome, that worked perfectly. Thanks.
I'll try the Primegrid thing after I've put some time in with GPUGrid.

2017/03/23 16:25:26
Exnihilo Curatio
Can someone please tell me how to join the Crunching @EVGA team on Einstein at Home? 
I've gone through every option I can find on the site and can't find where to join the team.

Thanks!

A-HA I figured it out!!!  What a roundabout way :)
2017/03/23 16:59:16
howdy2u2
Exnihilo Curatio
Can someone please tell me how to join the Crunching @EVGA team on Einstein at Home? 
I've gone through every option I can find on the site and can't find where to join the team.

Thanks!

A-HA I figured it out!!!  What a roundabout way :)

Something I forgot to do....join the team.........arghhhhhhhh
2017/03/23 23:59:55
Exnihilo Curatio
Fired up a second computer and have started PrimeGrid with it.
Unfortunately, it is not as fast (i7-860k w/GTX750ti) but it should get some work done.
2017/03/24 04:57:58
Afterburner
Exnihilo Curatio
Fired up a second computer and have started PrimeGrid with it.
Unfortunately, it is not as fast (i7-860k w/GTX750ti) but it should get some work done.

Every little bit helps! 
2017/03/24 08:56:54
Exnihilo Curatio
This is just a test to see if my Sig. banner shows up now.
Aaaaaaaaaaand it doesn't :(

And now it does!!! 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account