• Crunching@EVGA
  • Welcome all new members to Crunching@EVGA! *Please report in* (p.14)
2017/01/05 00:28:17
bill1024
Welcome aboard, take your time and do not sweat it. There are a few things to learn. It is not really all that hard. Just remember to join the team with every new project you install
If you joined PrimeGrid, you do not need to join the team for primegrids sub-projects.
Looks like the big guns have already gave you a crash course. Ask questions, people are more than happy to help.
I still have a lot to learn, you do not need to know everything all at once. I still have not learned to used BAM and some other things.
One day maybe.
Anyway, thanks for joining and good luck..

2017/01/05 08:53:06
turbomadman
Thanks HK I did not dedicate cores for the gpu so I will do that.
Thanks bill. Yeah crunching is a bit more tedious. Will get this one system tweek and one page at a time.
2017/01/05 09:01:40
HK-Steve
turbomadman
Thanks HK I did not dedicate cores for the gpu so I will do that.
Thanks bill. Yeah crunching is a bit more tedious. Will get this one system tweek and one page at a time.

We all learnt the hard way, but plenty of help here. just ask..
2017/01/08 18:20:42
wizanhi
welcome to the team! ^_^
2017/01/19 09:21:45
NxtGenCowboy
Well that was a crazy process and alot of reading..  I'm setup 100%(I think) for crunching.  I have BIONIC setup, BAM setup, STats-FreeDC setup..  It looks all to be reporting correctly.   

Glad I could join yall in Crunching..  I waited to get on this to be sure I had the [link=mailto:Folding@home]Folding@home[/link] setup 100%(which I do).   

Looking forward to helping out and huge thank you to all the people who posted the guides.. Super helpful! 
2017/01/19 10:32:04
HK-Steve
NxtGenCowboy
Well that was a crazy process and alot of reading..  I'm setup 100%(I think) for crunching.  I have BIONIC setup, BAM setup, STats-FreeDC setup..  It looks all to be reporting correctly.   

Glad I could join yall in Crunching..  I waited to get on this to be sure I had the [link=mailto:Folding@home]Folding@home[/link] setup 100%(which I do).   

Looking forward to helping out and huge thank you to all the people who posted the guides.. Super helpful! 

Great to have you Crunching with us..
2017/01/19 21:41:45
bill1024
Welcome aboard nexgencowboy.
2017/03/20 16:50:13
Exnihilo Curatio
Hello Everyone,
Just signed up to start crunching.
I used to fold (for another team) 5 years ago or so and decided to get back into it.
I'm sorry but I'm probably going to have a bunch a newb questions, please bear with me. I'm reading what I can, but it is still confusing.
So, I signed up at WCG and downloaded and ran the BOINC manager. On WCG it says I am on the EVGA crunching team so I hope that is at least correct. It immediately started a bunch of CPU projects but no GPU ones.
I'd like to do a bunch of GPU crunching, I'm hoping my 970 will be somewhat useful.
I went to the page to get a banner so I can chase badges :) and it said CPID not correct?!  Do I have to have a completed project for it to find me?
One more question (for now). I read that I should use a different version of BOINC than the one downloaded from WCG, is this still the case? The post was from some years ago.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

2017/03/20 16:57:03
bcavnaugh
Welcome to the Team! Exnihilo Curatio
2017/03/20 18:14:55
planetclown
bcavnaugh
Welcome to the Team! Exnihilo Curatio

+1 welcome aboard!  Ask all your questions, we're a friendly bunch always ready to help.

On WCG it says I am on the EVGA crunching team so I hope that is at least correct. It immediately started a bunch of CPU projects but no GPU ones.

Sounds like you're all set up on WCG.  They had GPU tasks in the past, but don't at the moment.  So CPU is expected there.

I went to the page to get a banner so I can chase badges :) and it said CPID not correct?! Do I have to have a completed project for it to find me?

Yes, it can take a while to get your CPID initially.  I'd keep an eye out for your username on this link.

I read that I should use a different version of BOINC than the one downloaded from WCG, is this still the case? The post was from some years ago.

The WCG version of BOINC tends to be behind the latest version available.  Check your version against the official download site.  I think WCG provides their own client to ease the process of getting set up, but may be lacking the latest fixes and shiny new features.

Here is a list of the major projects along with their supported platforms.  Look for the nvidia icon for GPU options.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account