EVGA

fan speed problem

Author
NOR3ASON
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/09/26 13:11:55 (permalink)
hi..i have a msi gtx 660 ti and ive thied different apps to try and control the speed of my card's fans but the problem is that only one is being controlled but the other fan is running 100% no matter what I do
I did driver reinstallisation
I google and youtubed...no solution that works

3 Replies Related Threads

Tech_RayH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 834
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: fan speed problem 2017/09/26 13:24:58 (permalink)
    You may need to contact MSI directly about that. The card is likely having a hardware issue if only one of the two card fans is controllable.

...an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum.
    - Adlai E. Stevenson

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: fan speed problem 2017/09/26 19:08:09 (permalink)
    Moving thread to general hardware sub-section.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: fan speed problem 2017/09/26 19:08:49 (permalink)
    #1 Remove GPU fan shroud and make sure the GPU fan cable is fully seated and secure to the GPU PCB fan header.

#2 Make sure the card is fully seated to the MB. Make sure the PCI-E power cables are fully seated and secure at the PSU side & GPU side.

#3 Uninstall all monitoring software. (Precision, Afterburner, Speedfan, HWMonitor, etc.)

#4 Perform a clean installation of the most recent video drivers:
    • Uninstall Precision X/MSI Afterburner if installed, make sure to select "no" to saving profiles if asked.  Reboot the PC now if you had to uninstall PX or Afterburner.
    • Use DDU (Display driver uninstaller) in safe mode to clean out all your nvidia drivers. Use the clean and restart (highly recommended) option.
    • Download & save the most recent graphics driver to your desktop. You can find the most recent graphics driver here.
    • Run the graphics installer located on your desktop once the download is complete.
    • Select custom advanced install, under custom installation options uncheck all options except graphics driver & physx system software, if you have a 3D capable monitor and would like to use 3D at some point please select both 3D options, check mark perform clean install, then click next to install the driver, reboot when asked.
    If you're still having problems after performing steps 1-4 RMA if your card is still under warranty.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile