easiest and hardest car to change oil on

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:easiest and hardest car to change oil on 2013/07/27 02:03:20 (permalink)
knightsilver

Ya, what Moose said.

I remember when I first started working on the family truck, think I was 12-13 yrs old, ya could get a case of oil and filter and air filter for $15-20

If you want full synthetic oil with 4 quartz your going to be paying around $50 for it. Also if you want a long lasting filter instead of the basic 3,000 mile filter lets say the ones that last 5,000 to 7,000 miles your going to be paying around $30 for it. Well the price does varie depending what filter your vehicle needs. Also lets not forgot what company your buying from. I generally stick with Fram oil fillers and Pennzoil synthetic blend (This is not full Synthetic) oil. I just want to put the word out about IF YOU ARE A RACER, DO NOT GET ROYAL PURPLE OIL!!! Royal purple is one of the worst oils I have ever used. Despite this happening to me, I had many other racing buds have their engines just eat up Royal Purple.The main problem with Royal purple oil is that the oil viscosity is to thin. Also all those claims that Royal Purple made about increasing horsepower is such ridiculousness. O another thing that some Royal Purple fans hyped about to me is that it saves you more gas too. Well I tried it in my car which it can literally tell me the average mpg I am getting on the road as well as the current mpg when I am drive at that moment and what I found was nothing special about it at all. When using Royal Purple oil my mpg actually went down 2mpg high way and 3mpg in city.  So I just want you all to stay away from that stuff. Not worth the money whatsoever.

moose517
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6259
  • Ribbons : 33
Re:easiest and hardest car to change oil on 2013/07/27 10:34:12 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

knightsilver

Ya, what Moose said.

I remember when I first started working on the family truck, think I was 12-13 yrs old, ya could get a case of oil and filter and air filter for $15-20

If you want full synthetic oil with 4 quartz your going to be paying around $50 for it. Also if you want a long lasting filter instead of the basic 3,000 mile filter lets say the ones that last 5,000 to 7,000 miles your going to be paying around $30 for it. Well the price does varie depending what filter your vehicle needs. Also lets not forgot what company your buying from. I generally stick with Fram oil fillers and Pennzoil synthetic blend (This is not full Synthetic) oil. I just want to put the word out about IF YOU ARE A RACER, DO NOT GET ROYAL PURPLE OIL!!! Royal purple is one of the worst oils I have ever used. Despite this happening to me, I had many other racing buds have their engines just eat up Royal Purple.The main problem with Royal purple oil is that the oil viscosity is to thin. Also all those claims that Royal Purple made about increasing horsepower is such ridiculousness. O another thing that some Royal Purple fans hyped about to me is that it saves you more gas too. Well I tried it in my car which it can literally tell me the average mpg I am getting on the road as well as the current mpg when I am drive at that moment and what I found was nothing special about it at all. When using Royal Purple oil my mpg actually went down 2mpg high way and 3mpg in city.  So I just want you all to stay away from that stuff. Not worth the money whatsoever.

you stated exactly why i go to jiffy lube, with my discount from my dad working there it costs me like 40 for an oil change as well as fluid top up.  I get full synthetic so its already a savings just by going there.
dave7798801
  • Total Posts : 82
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:easiest and hardest car to change oil on 2013/07/27 22:16:55 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

knightsilver

Ya, what Moose said.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-5W-30-5qt/17034372

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wix-51348/overview/year/2006/make/mazda/model/mx-5-miata

Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark1
Noctua NH-U12S Cooler
EVGA GTX970SC
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
blacksapphire08
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8875
  • Ribbons : 22
Re:easiest and hardest car to change oil on 2013/07/28 04:24:01 (permalink)
dave7798801

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wix-51348/overview/year/2006/make/mazda/model/mx-5-miata

Yep, same oil and oil filter brand I use although that price will vary by which Walmart you visit (Might be why Hazman pays $50). My last oil change I paid $30 for the gallon and about $12 for the filter because I went to O'Reillys and they're not the cheapest but they have everything I need. Walmart doesnt carry my filter.

Also I totally agree that Royal Purple is overrated, not worth the money and the purple color is just a dye that breaks down once you run it in your engine.

dave7798801
Re:easiest and hardest car to change oil on 2013/07/28 18:36:49 (permalink)
blacksapphire08

dave7798801

Yep, same oil and oil filter brand I use although that price will vary by which Walmart you visit (Might be why Hazman pays $50). My last oil change I paid $30 for the gallon and about $12 for the filter because I went to O'Reillys and they're not the cheapest but they have everything I need. Walmart doesnt carry my filter.

Also I totally agree that Royal Purple is overrated, not worth the money and the purple color is just a dye that breaks down once you run it in your engine.

I hate going to WalMart but the prices on their syringes and test strips for my diabetic cat are so much cheaper than anywhere else that I go there for them and pick up some oil while I'm there. Get my Wix filters at a local parts store.

Agree about the Royal Purple, haven't ran any of their motor oil but I tried their manual transmission oil and wasn't impressed. Using MotorCraft (Ford) synthetic in the tranny now, most everyone on Miata net that have tried it think it's as good or better than Redline.

Noctua NH-U12S Cooler
EVGA GTX970SC
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:easiest and hardest car to change oil on 2013/07/28 23:25:26 (permalink)
dave7798801

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

knightsilver

Ya, what Moose said.

Why is it so cheap online? But when I go to my local Walley World the prices are around like I said. I should put a complaint
for false advertisement.  Hmm maybe it varies on location. I know the cost of living in certain areas are more than others.

dave7798801
Re:easiest and hardest car to change oil on 2013/07/29 19:53:40 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

dave7798801

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT

knightsilver

Ya, what Moose said.

Why is it so cheap online? But when I go to my local Walley World the prices are around like I said. I should put a complaint
for false advertisement.  Hmm maybe it varies on location. I know the cost of living in certain areas are more than others.

I've seen the Mobil1 5qt locally at a couple other stores (BiMart, Coastal) for under $30, don't know why it's so much more for you.
Does your local Walmart have any competition? When Eagle hardware (now Lowes) came to our town their prices weren't that great until Home Depot opened a store.

Noctua NH-U12S Cooler
EVGA GTX970SC
Samsung 850 Pro SSD
bg8780
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2540
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:easiest and hardest car to change oil on 2013/07/30 05:40:42 (permalink)
My BRZ is super easy. Just pop the hood for access to the filter. I don't think oil changes get any easier.
hueys
  • Total Posts : 62
Re:easiest and hardest car to change oil on 2013/07/30 18:33:19 (permalink)
Eh... toyotas are easy? At least in my experience so far
Hypn0t1q79
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 2321
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:easiest and hardest car to change oil on 2013/08/02 18:57:57 (permalink)
I will say going from having a 2000 honda accord to my current 2006 audi the honda was by far the easier. Now I will say I have access to a lift so no jack stands. The hondas filter was in and odd place but wasnt the bad. With the audi its another story.

Remove 2 plastic belly pans --> unscrew drain plug --> Locate this: 

use this to drain the oil from that: 
Then you can use the special 36mm medium socket to take the whole plastic housing off to change this: 

welcome to owning a German car....

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile