EVGA

dpc watchdog violation with 3 monitors

Author
rsylvia
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/11/14 08:38:20 (permalink)
Has any one seen this error and been able to fix it???

I know it has something to do with my graphic cards, and i only get it when i use all 3 monitors. I can use 2, and 1 just fine but it does not like the 3rd one. This happen after i did a windows update (i have not done one in about a year maybe more, for this very reason).

I have update all the drivers and reinstalled every thing a few times. I also check the drivers on all my other devices. Windows conforms everything is up to date.
My computer is equipped with 3 nvidia gtx 470 cards ( i did this so each monitor can process graphics on it own). I can use any 2 cards i want with no problems (i try using different orders). Just to note i did think about removing the sli bridge connector this morning on my way in to work and i will try that when i get home. But i have little hope that will work.

I am try to avoid doing a full reinstall as it not easy to do with my monther board and it will take me a few days to install all the drivers, and recall the settings (the board is the EVGA SR-X, powerful but you need to know both computers and severs).

I did a full system scan for viruses and every thing came up clean (used norton, malwarebytes with deep scan on), i did a disk check, Defragmentation.
I also try doing a restore, but windows will not restore back, but this has not all way work for my system (evern before i switch to a SSD).
Any ideas???

Attached Image(s)

3 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: dpc watchdog violation with 3 monitors 2017/11/14 12:10:39 (permalink)
    Sounds like you're going to need to do a fresh install of windows since you can't restore the system using system restore.
    somethingc00l
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 752
    • Ribbons : 11
    Re: dpc watchdog violation with 3 monitors 2017/11/14 13:21:50 (permalink)
    Let me introduce you to the print screen button ;)

I would suggest using DDU to uninstall your Nvidia drivers, then reinstall them using the Custom option and do not install the High Definition Audio drivers. 

rsylvia
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: dpc watchdog violation with 3 monitors 2017/11/14 16:20:11 (permalink)
    Thank you for your suggestions, but i think i got it working with out reinstalling windows or the drivers.  Sorry about the pic, i was SMS someone last night and i decided to post this this morning.

I just removed the SLI bridge, i really did not need it.  I installed it years ago because i was gone to do a different set up with my graphic cards but change my mind.  I left it in there ever since and had it disable by the program.  Not sure if it when bad or it a program error, maybe the 2nd one.  But so far my work station been running for a few hours, with no problems.  Before i would get only 10min before it blue screens.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile