Author
BrakkuS
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/07/31 13:17:00 (permalink)
EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4GB Dual Classified is the card in question

so this is how it went

Was on one of my  long sessions of Diablo 3  about  4 hours in  and  computer  restarted for no reason.
Upon restart video  is rather choppy and sluggish. I check desktop  right click   no  nvidia listed so i  check device menu and  video card is listed NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 
but with  the yellow exclamation mark on it. So i do a full shut down  pull power  reset  bios  start   the machine up again. well low and be hold video   was back.

3 days later video card gone again, only this time i did the  whole  remove drivers restart in safe mode  use DDU as well as  disable  windows updates driver installation.
reboot   install newest drivers and   seems to be back.

Until i restart  my computer and ever since  now  when i restart i have to install driver  do the  driver requested restart and  its installed till another restart.

I have tested the card in both  computers in the house  the other  machine it will stay   after restart some times   sometimes  i have to restart  10 times  and reinstall  a couple times  for it  to see it
Have even  clean installed windows which i hate doing.
i have double check   mother boards even swapped out   with  3 sets of ram but the video card  always wants me to  reinstall driver  after every reboot

being that the card worked with zero issues  for 2 and a half years i think  its probably safe to say i should probably  just RMA this card ? Unless  anyone else has some insight as to the problem. 

2 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: code 43 windows 10 x64 2017/07/31 13:32:30 (permalink)
    It sounds like it is time for an RMA, as long as there is some warranty left on the card.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: code 43 windows 10 x64 2017/07/31 13:57:16 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forums..Yep, sounds like RMA time to me too..Go to "Member" at the top of the page, then "My Products" to register it if neccessary, and then see "How to Submit an RMA" for further instructions..Or, sign out of EVGA and go to the Guest RMA page and enter the Serial Number to check on the warranty.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile