EVGA

Z690 classified no NvME detected

Author
veridiux
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/10/07 07:57:42 (permalink)
Alright, so in the bios under advanced when I try to go to NvME settings I get "no nvme device detected". However, my windows is installed on an nvme and it very much so works. Anyone know what the deal is?

Also, I know for a fact it's the nvme, but just to satisfy people on reddit I ran crystaldiskmark and got 6985 read amd 5441 write.

3 Replies Related Threads

zippytek
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1185
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re: Z690 classified no NvME detected 2022/10/07 08:25:42 (permalink)
    is there a problem? if it is running windows from the "undetected" device, why does it matter what it says in the bios? my guess is you're looking at settings for the wrong device type. do you see the nvme in boot tab under boot priority? if you do, you're fine (you are loading windows from it so you knew this already)
    veridiux
    • Total Posts : 57
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Z690 classified no NvME detected 2022/10/07 08:41:13 (permalink)
    zippytek
    is there a problem? if it is running windows from the "undetected" device, why does it matter what it says in the bios? my guess is you're looking at settings for the wrong device type. do you see the nvme in boot tab under boot priority? if you do, you're fine (you are loading windows from it so you knew this already)

Well.. the system takes forever to boot. However, I don't think that is related. This was more of a question I was curious about than an "I have a problem" thread. I don't know how I would be trying to look at settings for the wrong device type. There is an option under advanced called "NVMe Configuration". However, when I go into that menu I'm greeted with this, "No NVME Device Found". Again, I 100% know the NVMe works, has windows on it and is very much so detected. I don't even think there is a problem, but I like to learn and I like to tinker. That being said, it would be nice if this fixed my slow boot times, but I'm almost 100% positive that my slow boot time is a memory training thing.
    Mienko
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 170
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Z690 classified no NvME detected 2022/10/07 12:38:07 (permalink)
    veridiux
    zippytek

Well.. the system takes forever to boot. However, I don't think that is related. This was more of a question I was curious about than an "I have a problem" thread. I don't know how I would be trying to look at settings for the wrong device type. There is an option under advanced called "NVMe Configuration". However, when I go into that menu I'm greeted with this, "No NVME Device Found". Again, I 100% know the NVMe works, has windows on it and is very much so detected. I don't even think there is a problem, but I like to learn and I like to tinker. That being said, it would be nice if this fixed my slow boot times, but I'm almost 100% positive that my slow boot time is a memory training thing.

I know on Asus boards, that would happen if Intel RST was enabled.  With it disabled, the drives would show up individually as you'd expect.  Not sure if there's an equivalent in the eVGA bios.  On a conf call right now or I'd check.

Edit:  Just checked and my drives show up fine in the bios.  Didn't see any Intel RST references, but that doesn't mean it's not named something else.  IIRC, Intel RST was responsible for the RAID config.

post edited by Mienko - 2022/10/07 12:50:40

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile