EVGA

Z370 classified k syncing cores to 4.7 or 4.8?

Author
Uzia123
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/04/12 01:45:34 (permalink)
Hi guys

I just ordered the bundle with the above motherboard and got a cheap i7 8700k from a friend as an upgrade to my 4790k z97 system. I also have 16gb DDR4 corsair vengeance rgb Pro CL 16 3200mhz ready to go and the bundle comes with the evga 240 Aio.

I'm not intending a heavy overclock (although 5ghz on all cores would be nice to just feel good you know? But the vdroop issue on this board which I sadly found out about after ordering so couldn't cancel) but obviously I will be enabling xmp for my ram to run at 3200mhz. My query is with the vdroop and LLC issue will I just be able to sync all cores to 4.7 or 4.8 - leave voltage settings on auto/default and forget about it without suffering dangerous temps and high voltages? I'd like to at least be able to do this if I'm going to keep the board so would like to know if this is a reasonable expectation before I open the board box.

I'm going to game primarily at 4k 60fps and 3440 x 1440 ultra wide again at 60 fps so I know I don't really need to do anything beyond stock. However I would like the cpu to be the best state it can be because I may be getting a high refresh 4k TV or monitor in the next year or two and feels like having a k processor you can't even sync all cores on the single core turbo stock speed would be a slight waste.

Thank you!

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile