EVGA

Z370 Classified K..I really need help.

Author
polyphiax88
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2020/09/25 04:15:19 (permalink)
I'm starting to get a little worried about a EVGA Classified K Z370 Board I just bought a few weeks ago (My paranoia comes from a MSI Board I got burned on a few months ago from a highly rated seller that from all my testing turns out to be what is now a $140 reminder of not to get burned again hanging on my wall) So, I said never again and like everything else in my PC that has never failed me I bought a EVGA board. However I'm starting to get worried that not having a cpu and ram right off hand to test the board is gonna get me burned again and need some kind of advice or easiest route on how to test this board to make sure it's ok before I spend anymore money on getting it going (Keep in mind I do have some DDR4 RAM coming in today that will at least help me..I hope, but no compatible 1151 Z370 cpu on hand which is my mistake for thinking my local PC builder would have a chip on hand to help me test the board when it came in..he didn't)
I was told some premium boards will post to bios without a chip and if it didn't that the EVGA classified does have an internal speaker that would beep at me if it sensed anything wrong at all to let me know it was atleast alive. I plugged the board in with no ram, cpu or ssd and the board begin to power cycle about every few seconds and NO BEEPS from the on board speaker (A little worrying but does seem to be some what alive)
I have just a little over a week to open a case with ebay if this board is bad and could really use some advice on how to make sure this board is in fact ok, Cause honestly guys I can't use another loss again, between the msi board and a Dg-77 case I've lost about $220 in the last 3 months of trying to get my first DDR4 build going. ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

P.S: I was under the impression that the i5-9600k would only work on Z390 boards, but giving the budget I have to work with I got the Z370 board to use with the i5-8600k, but have now learned that in fact the i5-9600k will work with the Z370 boards. My question is what do I need to do to make sure the Z370 board I just bought will work with the i5 9600k?

Update: Figured I'd pull the board out and hook it up just to see if I could get at least a beep from the board telling me their is no CPU and RAM. Hooked up the board to a Corsair CX430M I use for testing with no cpu or ram and turned on the power from the psu and the board lights came on and stayed on. Then I pressed the power button on the board and get the C code, but the board immediately started power cycling over and that's all it would do. Didi notice the LED's on the top showing CPU error and ram error which is normal i'd say. But the cycling power on and off doesn't seem right..Does it?

Again any and all help is appreciated. 
let's just say I'm having a lot of bad luck lately..so please help =/
post edited by Sajin - 2020/09/25 20:39:40

20 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/09/25 12:03:11 (permalink)
    I5 9600k needs bios 1.08 or later.
    polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/09/25 18:25:47 (permalink)
    I could really use a little more info if possible, but thank you for your reply i was kinda already aware of that just need to figure out what's the best way to test the board works and get the bios updated either by maybe sending it to evga to have them do it or try and find out what's the cheapest cpu to buy to test it with. i just got offered a i5-9600k for $165 but a little afraid to buy it before making sure the board works (It's the same guy who sold me the board)
    I just got my ram as well and tried testing it without a cpu again and it kinda act's like it wants to boot with a WD ssd but just starts power cycling.
    Wish I could post a video to show what it's doing. If I don't get this figured out within a week or so he get's to keep my money and that would certainly suck. Has anyone been in this situation that can elaborate further on this?

And btw I'm not sure what the bios is on this and i'm sure i cleared Cmos on bios 1 to try and test the board but will the stock bios on the board at least support a Intel Celeron G4930 or G4900? I can get of those to test the board for around $40, or is their any alternatives?
    post edited by polyphiax88 - 2020/09/25 19:58:11
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/09/25 20:40:16 (permalink)
    Not sure if the C4900 will work, but you could call evga support on the phone, and ask them that question to get an answer. Sending the board back to them to have them update it is a great idea as they will most likely check it to see if it's working correctly too.
    polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/09/25 20:55:58 (permalink)
    I thank you very much for your reply.
    I'll give them a call tomorrow then. Would you possible know how much it cost to send the board in?
    I have the board's Serial number registered under my account although I bought it from someone else..Hope that isn't an issue?
    I'm new to all this but have learned my hardware very quickly (Hints why I mostly only buy EVGA Hardware, it's engineering is impressive at times)

Again thank you for your reply I'm a little stressed about possibly losing another $130 board I've bought from someone. i've learned just cause they have %100 feedback means absolutely nothing.. I have a week before I can do nothing about it if the board is indeed dead.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/09/25 21:23:27 (permalink)
    If you can get into the BIOS, you can flash/update it if needed..The board won't pass POST if there's no CPU in the thing, of course.

Sending the board back to EVGA won't be very cost effective due to shipping prices..Wait and see how it all works out..Buy/borrow a Compatible CPU if you need to flash/update the BIOS or find a PC shop that has one and have them do it..The board might even boot to BIOS with an older BIOS version (like some boards are supposed to) so you can at least flash/update it per the instructions on page 50 of the Mobo Manual.

On a side note, glad to see EVGA is finally getting onboard with USB BIOS Flash with their newer boards..Like Asus has been for a while now, all you need is power to the board and nothing else matters.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/09/25 22:56:42 (permalink)
    That's the thing that got me into trouble in the first place was thinking I would be fine when I bought the board seeing how DDR4 Z series was so popular I figured my guy across the street would be able to help me, but instead I got from everyone "o wow that's a hard cpu to come by and not anything I would have in stock here" or they just didn't want to help at all. And I don't have any friends really that do this kind of thing so barrowing is out of the question =( 
    I build custom Sim Racing wheels, shifters, Load cell Pedals etc for people which is kind of my job i guess working for myself, and the very small amount of people who have used my custom wheel bases have really loved my work, so the question from them became "what PC spec would you build for a set budget to run these demanding sims" And I basically came up with a EVGA themed PC build, however I've had a lot of set backs with this build starting with the EVGA DG-77 case that was the core of the build. I've had a hell of a time finding info or anyone to really help me, and honestly..as much as I love EVGA ever since I started building PC's but I'm becoming a little untrustworthy with them overall and I'll leave it at that.
    I've looked through so many cheap CPU's that say they will work or that they won't work but never the same answer twice. So, it seems yet again I'm gonna have to just take a chance and buy a CPU and cross my fingers it works (Which is a i5-9600K that I'll have to still find a way to update the bios with maybe cause i don't know what bios I'm on) So, if this doesn't work I'll be out $130 for the board and $165 for the CPU + $140 on a msi board and $80 for a case.. That's around $420 in less than 3 months..
    I simple cannot continue if I lose that cause I sold my PC to build this. My intentions were good but maybe my judgement could have been better, but I'm still new to this =/ It's just got me stressed out.

I'll take what info I have managed to get and run with it, but it looks as if my situation is gonna be a coin toss without any major help.
    Thank you btw. like I said any suggestions or attempts of help are better than none at all, so I appreciate that =)

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/09/25 23:39:48 (permalink)
    Yeah, I hear ya..Version 1.00 is the initial release BIOS..Shouldn't be hard to find, or find somebody/someplace that has, an 8th Gen CPU (i7/i5 8xxx) that in the compatibility list to put in it that's compatible right from the get-go if necessary..Be me, I would call around to some shops and see if they have any of those, if necessary..I wouldn't freak out about it right now, when you get it put together it might work fine.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/09/26 00:00:33 (permalink)
    In the area I'm in It's near impossible to find anything like that.
    It's one of the reasons I buy everything for PC online, everything here is Dell,HP and laptops.
    Every time i mention the socket they act as if I'm building a bank for NASA "We don't have anything that powerful like that"
    Really? It's a what 3-4 year old chip? Anyway ask the seller if he knew what bios it was on and he doesn't remember so I'm just gonna have to chance it. just wish I knew what Cheap Intel Celeron 4XXX chip would work no matter what..
    But it looks like if the board is in fact dead I'm out another $130 and honestly if it does work I may even sell it just for the frustration it's caused alone. Have grown to despise this board rather quickly.
    So anyone want a Classified K hit me up. I just need most of what I paid for it.
    polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/09/30 00:45:00 (permalink)
    This Z370 Classified K is really making things hard on me, and honestly I'm starting to sweat over all the failures and horror stories I'm reading about this board. So ,can anyone please give me some kind of direction on what cheap CPU I can use (Like a Intel G4900?) That I can use with this board even if it has the old Bios.. I cannot use any information to try to find out what I have (Other than buying a known Compatible CPU to try and boot the Board) To figure out what bios I have. I cannot update the bios without a CPU at all, but it seems that other boards i can update without a CPU?
    I'm so confused it's not even funny anymore. And it seems like I've made the mistake of thinking that just because EVGA is a Premium brand with Premium prices doesn't really mean a lot, I'm starting to feel like every time I use an EVGA part it's like taking a big chance it'll work/be compatible with it's software etc etc.. For weeks now I've searched EVERYWHERE and i'm just not getting reliable answers.

I have a Z370 Classified k and a great deal on a i5 9600K, but the owner doesn't know when he updated the bios last so I don't know if I have 1.08 or later. ( I don't want to spend $100+ on a i3 8100 just to update bios and also spend $165 on a i5 9600K that still may not work and end up with like $300 in CPU's i cannot use) Does that make sense? Has anyone ever been in this situation? or knows what's the best way for me to do this?
    I have no local shops that have compatible CPU's and sending the board to EVGA is like $50..
    I'm aggravated yes, but understand I've lost soooo much money on parts that just simply don't work and if i lose another $130 and even possibly $300 on CPU's I'm done.. I simply cannot afford to continue losing money like this. I'm just simply asking for reliable parts and information so I'm not losing my Azz on everything I buy. I'm new to all of this but i'm not dumb. I just cannot understand why this is such a massive deal to use a 9th gen cpu with this board and it not cost me everything I have to work with. I'm to the point where I'm afraid to buy anything else.

I just simply want an answer. their is nothing I can do now if this board is dead because I've spent the entire month trying to find out what to do.
    If I knew then what I know now i would have just gone with a different Z390 board like an Aorus or something.

O yeah and someone mantioned reading the MOBO directions and I did and found nothing that would direct me where I need to go but I thank you so much for your help. I kinda thought in this community I would have this done and answered in no time but it seems that's not the case so anyone that even attempts to help I appreciate the hell out of you i really do.

polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/10/05 15:53:47 (permalink)
    Seeing how I can't seem to get an answer about anything I ask, I'm gonna continue this in hopes that it helps someone else that may find themselves in my situation (Yes, i have seen other forum post and people saying the Intel Celeron G4900 will work to update the bios on a Z370 Classified k it does NOT specify what Bios was being used when that was done) So, i have bought an Intel celeron G4900 CPU to try and #1 See if the board actually works and #2 to see what bios it's on. I"m building my test bench right now and will give my results on if the CPU works and if it did what bios the board was on. Hopefully nobody else has to go through forum after forum and site after site as well as going through EVGA and still not getting any answers after a month. I will update this when I am done to save anyone else this nightmare. (This test is set to help anyone who buy's a Z370 Classified K that doesn't know what Bios it has, and what's the best/Cheapest way to update beyond Bios V1.08 so you can use a 9th Gen CPU with the Z370 EVGA Board) If i somehow get caught up in trouble shooting *Which is very possible* and I forget to update my findings please remind me and I'll let you know what i figured out.
    bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/10/05 22:37:35 (permalink)
    You can create a Bootable DOS USB Flash Drive using Rufus by selecting "FreeDOS" under the "Boot selection" dropdown..Or, from the Hiren's BootCD PE HBCD_PE_x64.iso using the ISO2USB.exe tool and see if your PC might maybe possibly hopefully boot from USB so we can flash the BIOS in DOS..More on all that later if necessary.

Good luck.

polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/10/06 07:36:56 (permalink)
    I first would like to say thank you so much for even trying to help me, it doesn't matter if none of this works out just the fact that you're at least trying means a hell of a lot.
    Ok, so here goes.. It didn't work at all.
    I put a Win 10 boot on a usb drive as well hooked up my WD Blue SSD with my Win 10 O.S just in case (I tried both with just the usb and ssd no luck)
    I hooked the board up to my bench connected a couple fans etc and tried booting the board, and the case fans turn a couple of times and the board was acting like it wanted to boot but immediately started power cycling over and over (Post Code: C and *Also noticed out of the LED's on top of the board for CPU Error and MEM error, only the MEM Error led was coming on, but not the cpu, so I started to think maybe the RAM wasn't seated or in wrong slot? So I tried them every single way possible even only using one stick etc etc..No luck) and btw the case fans I had hooked up had stopped spinning up at this point only every now and then kinda moving a little, and as well when i would turn the PSU on the board would start up power cycling without me even pressing the power button on the board. (Btw EVGA don't know why you put an on board speaker on this board because it never seems to indicate anything at all) I have a video of what the board is doing but I'm sure the forum will not allow me to post it in any way =(
    I basically tried every trouble shooting trick i know on this board and could never get any video signal or post at all (BTW I am using the Intel Celeron G4900 CPU that's been said to work with this board, and on some sites such as B&H Video shows compatibility)

Sorry to give so much information I'm just trying to give the best information I can on what it's doing, and at this point I have nothing to lose because i'm past the return date on this board and i'm just stuck with it. Board $130, CPU $45+=$175 and if I have to RMA to EVGA to get them to sort it out it seems that's another $50 (Which is just the most insane thing I've heard to charge $50 for $9 shipping each way at best and to also just update the bios, but i'd rather have the enjoyment of throwing this board off my local bridge before spending over $225!!! on this board)

I've never done what you're speaking off but I'll certainly give it a try cause again nothing to lose at this point, and THANK YOU SO MUCH for trying to help me. i never thought a simple issue like this would be so damn hard for them to help me with or even really attempt to help with. It just seems like very cryptic one line answers most of them from what i've seen. I am embarrassed to admit that since january of 2019 I've spent an estimated $1,300-1,400 on EVGA parts and have mostly ended up having nothing but issues with either engineering oversites or software issues. the only EVGA product that didn't have software issues was the DG-77 case and that's only because it was controlling RGB functions.. I'm not one to rip on a company especially one that I started building PC's with and at one time would defend with great passion but I'm starting to notice a pattern here...
    I'll look up how to do what you're talking about and try it out and let you know what happens..and again thank you.

polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/10/06 07:55:38 (permalink)
    Wait..you're talking as if I could get the board to post to the bios on screen right?
    I thought you meant maybe make a usb drive with the newer bios on it and get the board to boot from the newer bios off the usb flash drive..
    yeah, I can't even get the board to the bios at all. I've never actually updated a bios from a usb drive before so also keep that in mind I'm new to this process..
    Like I was saying I'm now $175 invested into this board, so if I can't get it to work with what I've got I'm gonna have to call it quits there because the issue becomes that I can't even sell the board to try and get some of my money back because I simply cannot tell the buyer with a staright face that it in fact works, because i don't even know if it works at this point.

UPDATE: Something very odd just happened..
    So, I went ahead and made the bios bootable drive to the best of my knowledge and hooked everything back up and like I was thinking..Nothing different except a couple of new things i noticed.
    #1: The LED next to the CPU 8-Pin plug "ATX Power Error" is lit up (Didn't notice before because the heat shroud kinda covers it? and I guess it would do that if the board would not read the cpu cause it's not compatible with the bios I have) as well as the MEM Error LED is on as well. So, After trying with just the bootable USB I hooked up my SSD that's in my working PC to the board just to make sure that no OS being hooked up wasn't the issue and of course no different but then I disconnected the 8-pin CPU power and repowered it on and the board didn't immediately start power cycling, actually it continued to run with the cpu fan continuing to run and the LED's on the board stayed on, but no video signal or anything like that (I even hooked up another video cable to make sure the hdmi port wasn't dead or something but no video signal and the Post code continued to read "C")

The guy who sold it to me said he couldn't remember when he updated the bios last but it seems to me that even if he did update at least once that an early bios would support the G4900 as well everyone else seems to have had luck with this CPU but i don't know what bios they were on. So, either the Bios is like V1.00 and doesn't support the cpu or it seems like i have a dead board?
    Anyway figured I'd add this in here. I'm already looking at Gigabyte Aorus, MSI,ASUS etc Z390 boards because you don't have to have a cpu to update the bios on them, so I'll never run into this issue again that's if i can get this board I've nicknamed toothache sold and get some money back out of it.
    I've learned my lesson on EVGA's boards and will make sure to avoid them in the future.

post edited by polyphiax88 - 2020/10/06 09:53:46
    polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/10/12 09:39:10 (permalink)
    I am still in a bind with this issue, so please to anyone that could possibly give me any information or advice I would appreciate it a lot.
    polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/10/29 20:38:48 (permalink)
    Update: though I become pretty upset over this board especially when I thought that EVGA's RMA process was going to be $50+ with around $20 shipping cost as well, because that's what people were telling me how it worked..
    But, I would like to both say that's NOT true at all (Well in my case at least) but secondly I would like to apologize for being wrong and also not listening to the MOD who told me to get ahold of EVGA's customer service RMA branch. (However I DO NOT take back what I said about the engineering choices on the Classified K Z370, I feel a premium board should have better options for BIOS updates especially when they had this option on their boards for the last 20 years.. But I digress, and I'm very happy to see they solved this issue on their Z390 FTW and Z490 boards)

What Did they Do?: Well, even though I bought this board from a dealer EVGA has decided to help me, and I only have to pay shipping to send it to them to be fixed/Bios update and they pay to send the board back to me after they update it.. AND THAT IS EPIC!! My friend..
    I don't know of a single company that would give a damn about a 3 year old board. Name one and I'll admit I'm wrong. this has really brought my faith in EVGA back, and has shown me they're supportive of people who buy their parts, and that means more to me than the product itself. I don't care how advanced or what level of RGB BS you have on your parts.. A company willing to stand behind their products no matter the age or cost is the SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING to me, and it should be to you as well.

Listen to what the MOD's tell you: To the Mod who made the suggestion I apologize, and to anyone out there with issues just take the Mod's advice and go from there. Don't make the mistake of listening to other sources who apparently don't know what they're talking about.

Thank you EVGA. 
    I really hope you guys continue to do business like this because it's becoming rare now days especially in the greedy PC Gaming market.
    Yeah, you'll pay whatever to fix my board but I'll guarantee you the $2,500 I'm about to spend within the next couple of months will be going into your pocket for the way you handled this.

Thanks again.
    -Neptune
    post edited by Sajin - 2020/10/29 20:41:17
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/10/29 20:44:13 (permalink)
    👍
    Lion99999
    • Total Posts : 21
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/11/27 17:04:02 (permalink)
    Did you receive the board back with updated bios?  Even if you didn't I hope you stay positive on EVGA.  Mistakes happen but finding a company that shows the level of customer commitment that EVGA shows is very rare...especially in the PC arena. 

A few years ago, I spent $25 to send my brand new Z370 Micro back to EVGA for Bios update so my 9900k would work.  I bought it from EVGA.com for $99 which was awesome!!.  They did authorize to pay the shipping right AFTER I already shipped it!  My fault for being in a hurry! 

I received it back without a Bios update.  They were awesome to deal with but I came up a little short so I drove several hours to the closest frys and bought the only board they had in stock: Z390 MSI AC Gaming Edge.  Thinking back, I think we bought the MSI before the Z370 Micro arrived back from EVGA for it's bios update.  I never double checked that it wasn't updated because it was the start of the weekend and I was active duty.  I didn't want to waste any of my rare spare time.  The Customer Service rep said he didn't think it got updated.  Guess I will check when my 9900k arrives!

I am now trying to build another 9900k ($319 from Newegg!  I paid $540 for my first one) system with the Z370 Micro that's been sitting on the shelf.  The Pentium you tried to use was the previous gen.  I thought the G4900 was 7th gen and I would need an 8th gen CPU (same issue you were trying to figure out).  I chose the G5400 for $65+tax from Newegg.  Every site I checked said the G5400 should work (since it works with all 300 series chipsets).  Unfortunately, the compatibility page on EVGA.com ONLY lists Core i3 through i9.  That could just be an oversight from EVGA but I will know soon enough when I receive all my parts!  Who would buy an awesome EVGA board and put a Pentium in it anyway?  That's my thinking anyway. 
    polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/11/28 01:25:12 (permalink)
    Funny you should ask.. In short, after 2-3 months of dealing with this and a stupid amount of money later and shipping the board to EVGA I know nothing more than the day I bought it. Paid $36 to ship it to them because they would quote "Update the Bios and test the board to make sure it was ok because of the christmas tree of errors it was throwing" I even put a note in the box asking them to make sure to let me know the board was in fact ok, and I paid a stupid high shipping cost to put insurance on the board and packed it up really tightly as to make sure NOTHING could go wrong. After a week of not hearing anything from them the board started it's journey back home.. and boy o boy did my good grace  towards this stupid board and EVGA die very quickly. The board was left at an abandoned apartment building even though it required a signature and I had to search around a neighborhood until I found it laying on a porch next to a garbage bag (Which is UPS fault all the way) buuut.. when i opened the box up I quickly realized the way EVGA packaged it up allowed the board to bounce around like it was in a fun house in which I found the RAM slot on the board had been hit hard enough it ripped the anti static bag and left a hole in the box, so now i may have a damaged board but I don't know. When I emailed EVGA asking them pretty much "Hey what have you guys done to my board over the last week, and how did you update the bios and check the board was ok.. Is the board even ok at all?" I got the most secret society, cryptic Area 51 BS answer I could ever imagine. This is from the actual email and quote..
    "Thank you for your response, typically for these, we just flash them without the CPU and send them back. We have a method of doing so on our end, now can you take pictures of any damage on the board that you can see if not, don't worry about, the board should be okay"

You're kidding me..Right?
    The ONLY reason I paid to ship this board is because I was under the impression that they would actually hook it up, and make sure it was good to go and that's what I expected. Could have cared less about the BIOS update I wanted to know FROM THE COMPANY themselves the board checked out ok and that they would actually use a CPU for the update to do so. "We have a method of doing so on our end" Makes me want to bash my face against a wall..
    You mean you guys used a 8-Pin EEPROM tool to clamp the bios chip and update the bios that way? Which I had already explained I could have done myself and DID NOT want done to this board because you run the risk of corrupting the chip with a clamp style updater. And what's even worse is the fact they've had thousands of complaints about these boards and the entire time they've had "A way to update them without needing a CPU" Don't you think this is something you would want to relay to the people who bought them so that they don't have to waste their time and money sending the board in to have this done? 

TO ANYONE HAVING A BIOS PROBLEM WITH AN EVGA BOARD!! JUST BUY A "25 Series EEPROM Bios Flash Programmer" for $10 off Ebay and save yourself a lot of money and BS because that's what they use anyway and you don't need to risk your board being damaged in shipping or spend $30+ to ship it to them.

I'm just gonna stop here because I didn't want to even write this up because honestly it boils my blood beyond anything. I've spent 3 years using nothing but EVGA products and spending stupid amounts of money on their stuff, but honestly after this I'm done buying anything from them again. This Classified K Z370 board is the hands down worst motherboard and PC purchase I've ever made period!! And as far as how the board performs? I wouldn't know because I haven't managed to get it working in 3 months, and I am not buying anymore CPU's to find out either. I sent an email into response over this and never got anything back which is no suprise. i sent it to you EVGA to answer 2 questions and you seem to not care to answer either of them i just got the attitude of "It should be fine" what a terrific answer for someone who's actually a pretty mellow guy but this experience has brought me to the point of being a ranting, raving lunatic.

As for EVGA as a company.. I had real faith in them and had heard nothing but good things about them until I actually needed their help with something I for once couldn't figure out on my own (Because out of all the boards I have from MSI,ASUS and Early EVGA boards dating back to DDR3 2011, they ALL have a way to update the bios either by JP11 port or a removable Bios chip) Why they chose to cheap out on the Bios chip setup on these Z370 boards is beyond me, because they've been doing it properly since the early 2000's. Maybe at one point EVGA did have an incredible way of dealing with customers but these days "In my experience" I don't see it. I am in shock of how much money and time I wasted on this board, and how the PC I was building that was suppose to be all EVGA is now nothing. This board isn't the only cause of this frustration and anger either. The DG-77 case I bought and was going to use with this setup was an absolute nightmare and the worst PC case I have ever come across. the engineering and layout of that case made absolutely no sense at all, and turns out I'm far the only one who thinks so, but don't even want to get started on that. 
    Still after all this i ask where I could find a FTW Z390 board and never got any response on that either, so I'm just done.

Evga you make some good stuff, but not good enough to deal with BS like this.
    I've bought a lot of parts as of recent and all my MSI,ASUS and Gigabyte parts I've got to replace your stuff is working fine but the last 3 EVGA parts I've bought either don't work right/ fit properly, or don't work at all with the software you made for it.
    You make good stuff, but not enough to risk losing money over. I'm out a grand total of $287 because of this board and that's just to much money to lose for me.
    I'm Done.
    Lion99999
    • Total Posts : 21
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/11/28 20:36:24 (permalink)
    I hear ya man.  Reading over what you wrote I could feel the rage!  I completely understand and would feel exactly the same way!  Because California is run by commies, and I believe EVGA is in CA, its possible that caused this insane situation you endured. 

I just read what you wrote to my wife so she could share in the insanity.  I had a similar experience over 10 years ago with Gigabyte on one of the (3) 6800Gt video cards I had that was bad shortly after purchase.  They sent it right back with the exact same graphics error (screen had mostly green vertical lines and was clearly faulty).  They even wrote, "no problem found."  To this day I will NEVER buy a Gigabyte product, even though youtube reviewers all say the Gigabytes have the best VRMs by far.  I DO NOT CARE how much better one of the actual working products they make is, never again.......same sentiment you wrote about EVGA but mine is against Giga-garbage. 

My wifes rage is against AMD for our MSI Radeon VII (purchased June 2019 from Frys in Renton WA $700) never ending problems with drivers from 12.4.X all the way up to 20.4.1.  Computer would lock up, restart, crash to desktop, just randomly unstable with no overclock.  Could NOT use more than one monitor, couldnt use Freesync, and even League of Legends would reboot the PC soon as the match started.  It was also too loud, even in our quiet Thermaltake quiet case.  We spent another $700 on dual radiator water cooling from EKWB (cpu and gpu blocks).  When all was said and done, we realized we should have just bought a 2080ti ftw and called it a day.  Hence, AMD sucks...lol 

Btw, the newest AMD driver 20.10.1 driver, when installed through device manager is AWESOME.  Dual monitor setup now works flawlessly...FINALLY (LG 4k 60hz, and a BenQ 1080p 144hz).  When using AMDs full software suite, overclocks will work for a minute or two, then it resets back to factory no matter what I do.  DDU'd it, started install (so amd folder would be made with the driver), cancelled, then installed through device manager.  Using MSI afterburner I can push the HBM Ram to 1200, and the GPU to 1950, but have to push the voltage to 1167 (we got a pretty bad chip, lottery was not kind to us).   All that being said, doesnt matter, now over a year later, AMD sucks (in wifes voice). 

She even hears any model number I rattle off that she recognizes as AMD and its instant, what did you say honey? was that amd sucks?  Its a running joke in our house.  Even though the new 5000 series CPUs are best in class now, and the 6800XT is on par with 3080.....doesnt matter....AMD SUCKS.  I find it funny.  At least she lets me rattle on about boring computer stuff.   

All in all, this sucks man.  I just wanted you to know someone read what you wrote, understands how you feel, and completely gets it.  My only hope now is EVGA comes back from Turkey day and sees what you wrote, and sends you a brand new Z490 board and 3080 or something.  Win you back in a big way would be outstanding, but you could never tell anyone cause imagine the nightmare that would unfold!  Everyone would suddenly rage against EVGA hoping to win the free stuff lottery.  lol 

I will update when I receive my stuff to finish out the saga.  If there is an update in your situation and you can bare typing it out, I would like to know what happens if anything.
    polyphiax88
    Re: Z370 Classified K..I really need help. 2020/11/30 17:09:06 (permalink)
    Ya know it's not even so much the board anymore at this point even though they made a horrible decision setting up the Dual Bios on this board.
    It's the fact that I'm not the typical "Rich Elite EVGA Customer" who has thousands of dollars to spend on EVGA's "High priced Premium Products"
    I am a very poor guy with no kids or wife, that struggles every single day working for myself doing what I can to make money. Anything from repairing phones, motherboards, sim racing equipment, Playstations/ Xbox, controllers etc etc etc..
    Even before Covid hit I was doing what I could to survive because the town I live in doesn't have a market for what i do, and the 2 PC repair shops here are family owned and they get all the business while overcharging people in a massive way for simple repairs, but of course they don't know it because they don't know they're being ripped off. Long story short they bury little guys like me working from their home. Covid has killed whatever momentum I had, and what customers I did have are afraid to spend money on my help/ repairs.

Most people losing $300+ on a motherboard is no big deal, but to me it's a death sentence for the money I have saved to buy broken electronics and repair them for profit. It's impossible for me to sell this board because I refuse to to sell it without knowing if in fact it's ok because I'm not giving this money draining headache to someone else, and they lose money. Best situation I'll do well if I can make back the money I lost on this project in 8 months with how things are going. I was on track to making $500 off this PC build I was doing for my Dad's long term friend when all this started with this pos board (He had bought my heavily modified Thrustmaster T300 I had built and have been trying to market to pro sim racing drivers, and he absolutely loved it telling me "If you can make a wheel perform this wheel, I'd love to see you build the rest of my setup" and I talked him into trusting me on the first thing on the list..
    He had a very tired DDR3 MSi board with a GTX 750ti PC that was around 9-10 years old. I told him "I want to build you a beautiful ALL Black EVGA setup with a i5-9600K, EVGA Z390 (Had to go with a Z370 because of price) and EVGA DG-77 Case and I'll do it with no risk to you!! and if I fail the cost of it falls on me..) and guess what happened? Yup, the first 3 EVGA parts I buy don't work.. The DG-77 Case wouldn't even fit the EVGA 280mm AIO or any AIO for that matter "Top or Front mount without turning it wrong side up" (Just a note the DG Case is horrible don't ever buy one) the AIO software wouldn't work at all, the case RGB on the bottom was dead, and then the topping on the cake this Classified K Z370 money pit motherboard that has caused me a massive amount of trouble all because "Let's use a Dual bios with soldered Bios chips with no way to update other than sending the board 3,000 across the US putting the board in danger of being damaged in shipping, tell the customer will test the board and update the bios and act all secretive when he ask normal questions like "What did you do to my board?" and not tell him jack nothing. He'll pay $36 to ship it and have to pay insurance because he doesn't want the board damaged but will send it back lose in a box not having the same respect. Even after he's spent all this money and still stuck with us after months of BS will have him spend more money and not solve anything leaving him in the same boat asking "Is this board ok to use? Was the bios even updated?
    (Apparently typing this out wasn't a good idea..R.I.P Old Logitech K800 keyboard =( You are now pieces on my work table)

Needless to say my dad's friend isn't getting his lovely PC build, I'm being stuck with the bill and not making the  $500 I desperately needed and my poor old good hearted dad is wanting to sell his Martin guitar to give me money to make up for the lose "Which I refuse to let him do", and my trust to EVGA has certainly been poisoned.
    It's the fact I trusted this company so much I never dreamed of making a fool of myself ranting and raving about them to the point I was told "Stop cursing we have to edit it out" (Note on that btw: I'm cursing because you guys have costed me $800 in 3 months!!!, I think I have a right to be a little upset..No?)
    So, here is where I've ended.. In a forum looking like a dang fool. I have NEVER EVER had to ask you for help EVGA not once in the many years I've done this, and even after all this I tried again by asking "Can I find a Z390 FTW to buy from you guys?" No reply back..
    I have very little to work with and whatever money I spend it has to be worth it, and I chose YOU as the company to have my back and the one time I needed you I got "We have a special way of doing it" what does that even mean?

After everything I still tried and done what you ask me to do and sent the board in for an RMA, and after seeing how the RMA was handled plus everything else.. Nah, I'm good. I'll just take my money elsewhere. I'm glad you solved this issue with the Z390 and Z490 boards but you could have owned up to the awful decision that was the setup on these Z370 boards. you owned up to the issue on the FTW GTX cards overheating and catching fire which was impressive I admit, but if you look at how many forum post their are about this board and it's Bios issue it's just silly.

I have said what I needed to say many times over with evidence to prove it.
    I would think you would accept the idea of a person willing to spend this much time giving you feedback on things but apparently not.
    My advice to anyone who buys one of these boards and find yourself in the same situation.. SEND IT BACK!! before you can't. Avoid this board like the plague. It's not worth it period, and you can get a much better board for less. I know it's tempting and looks great but unless it has the newest Bios just leave it alone. I would like to comment on it's performance but as you can see I've never got to use the board so I wouldn't know.
    As for updating the this boards Bios if you still want to keep it..? Just buy a EEPROM tool kit off Ebay for $9 and do it yourself, instead of spending the money to RMA it because that's what EVGA does (But is somehow a "Special" in house secret..?) No, it's not.. they just use a flashing Tool and that's it.

I'm done, I'm out. I hate this board with a passion, and all it's good for at this time is a $300+ Target for a .22 LR with a full auto mod and a 150 round drum "And yes I'm gonna film this board being turned to dust"

Much love. Take care of yourselves.
    Peace. 

"E veryone V alues G reat A ssistance"
    They in fact do..  Do you?
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile