EVGA

Z10 Gaming Keyboard (non-RGB) on Windows 10 1909

Author
KPhillisJr
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/06/05 18:13:47 (permalink)
I recently purchased the non-rgb EVGA Z10 Gaming Keyboard ( brown style switches) and I can say the following about this keyboard.

Before using the Software, the Keyboard works fine on windows 10 (64-bit, Pro edition, version 1909), but after installing the software I found a few things about the keyboard that probably should be addressed.

* The Documentation is Haphazard. The manual is poorly written, and does not clearly state where to get the software nor any documentation on how to use the actual features of the device.
* There is no alternate keycaps for the FN Key and Windows Key. This is somewhat important since a majority of users expect the windows key on the left side of the keyboard.
* The EVGA Unleash RGB software (Tested Version 1.0.2.0) does not work with this keyboard at all. At the very least I would somewhat expect this software to offer the same level of functionality as the older EVGA Unleash Software.
* EVGA Unlease (Version 1.0.19) does work on Windows 10 version 1909 (64-bit, professional edition). However the software is painfully slow, and has horrible user interface decisions. More than half the time I have had with this software has been with the spinning cicle of death that fails to let you know what the hell the software is doing.
* The EVGA Unleash Software for the LCD Information Panel is mostly useless. I want to display Some hardware information like CPU Frequency, System Temperatures, etc. The only thing that is remotely useful is the Date/Time which ignores system localization settings, and is non-configurable.
* The On-Screen Display setting is ignored. All it takes to get the On-Screen Display Stuck on the screen is to accidentally pressing the horribly placed E6 or E7 Keys that are hard coded. This is highly annoying since this is non-configurable garbage in Red Text stuck on Display 1.

Also, This seems to be a very short lived product seeing as how there is no real mention of my keyboard anywhere on the product pages. I honestly would have liked the product information page (with recommendations to newer revisions) than the completely wrong keyboard showing up when I tried to find this keyboard

3 Replies Related Threads

hydroin
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Z10 Gaming Keyboard (non-RGB) on Windows 10 1909 2020/06/17 10:58:01 (permalink)
    Ran into another fun feature of the z10 non-rgb today as well, if you have the backlight on it can cause the keyboard to have a fairly significant delay before inputs are detected by your computer worst I saw was just a bit over ~750ms I counted about 48 frames from a movement input to a movement in game at 60 fps give or take the time it took for my mouse to start the recording. its definitely not perfect but backlight shouldnt make games unplayable. This happened when the slider was lined up with the middle of the 5th dot from the left on the dimmer slider and happened even after sliding all the way to the left and back after it had no delay again with the backlight off. after a while I cannot get it to replicate itself but it was very frustrating at the time. issue seems to be gone after spending a bit typing all this up still bugs me.

The keyboard also no longer keeps my normal settings for the LCD applied and it switches back to date time profile that it starts with when you plug it in even on a different profile (profile 2 which is set up to display precision x1 in my case)

my macros on e1-5 reverted to macros that I've deleted from my system and told to play different macros that I had saved or switched to simple functions from the z10 software like opening calculator or my computer. they still run the macro that typed a simple command for a game I had been playing messing up anything whenever I accidentally hit them.

I havent had the issues with the e6 and e7 keys that you've been having but I am stuck with the first changes I made to the keyboard, everything reverted after rebooting to a couple of quick testing macros and turning off certain functions they I initially had enabled.

I still like how the keyboard feels and I particularly like the wrist rest, but the software for the keyboard is probably the worst part and it makes me treat it like a cheap keyboard rather than something I paid for a normal price mechanical keyboard. If anyone has any recommendations for fixing the macro issue I was having or the profile saving please let me know.
    Stuza
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Z10 Gaming Keyboard (non-RGB) on Windows 10 1909 2020/06/23 21:41:15 (permalink)
    100% agree with both of.

(Deleted Foul Language) were they thinking putting those E6 and E7 keys where they are and then NOT allowing you to disable them!?

But that doesn't matter though, because you say, no matter what you set in that pile of junk they call "Unleashed" it will seemingly randomly reset to whatever the frack it likes.  You then have to spend 1-2 minutes per profile "Applying" again.

This is bordering on useless for me and, I'm on the verge of switching back to my Logitech G510 because it *just works*.

I've already made my views known on my Amazon review.
    post edited by XrayMan - 2020/06/23 22:10:55
    ws6zxr
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: Z10 Gaming Keyboard (non-RGB) on Windows 10 1909 2020/11/30 06:10:37 (permalink)
    hydroin
    Ran into another fun feature of the z10 non-rgb today as well, if you have the backlight on it can cause the keyboard to have a fairly significant delay before inputs are detected by your computer.

Wow, you have no idea how much help this was.  I've been banging my head against the wall, having to type like I'd never seen a keyboard before, trying to figure out what was causing this. 

I've had this happen before but always thought it was windows because I couldn't replicate it in Linux.  I've had this keyboard for about a year and a half.  New computer build and it started again randomly, turning the backlight off made it go back to normal (and turning it back on didn't break it again so ...?).

Having said that, I have 1.0.19 and the Non-RGB keyboard and the Z10 software doesn't work, just spins.  It used to work on my old system but not anymore, so I have a fancy display on my keyboard just to remind me who I bought this from. (system is an asus tuf gaming pro plus x570 amd, old was a B250M intel).

When it started the last time I just grabbed my old Microsoft Natural keyboard and put this one in the closet, thinking it was something with the system (I bought it off facebook so you never know what you end up with) and put this one in the closet.  

I know your aim wasn't to help, but hey, you did. I have an old WYSE Terminal keyboard that has a bit better feel, this one might go on the family computer, which cost about as much as this keyboard.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile