EVGA

Helpful ReplyXR1 Lite HDCP Toggle

Author
internabang
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/05/26 07:55:05 (permalink)
hi! i just received my xr1 lite yesterday its an amazing card!! 

i aspire to record ps3 and all these other scary hdcp signals to this card though and there is a way through software that evga provides to disable/enable hdcp but i can't get it working, the checkboxes are all greyed out and ive done everything i can think of (clicking every possible thing in the window to see if that changes something, running as administrator, etc) and i have looked everywhere online for a way to not have those checkboxes greyed out and i havent been able to figure it out.

so i come here in hopes for an answer. i know that hdmi splitters exist and stuff but having it straight thru the card and have one less plug in the mix would be amazing if its at all possible!

EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
  • Total Posts : 1026
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: XR1 Lite HDCP Toggle 2022/05/26 09:42:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby internabang 2022/05/26 14:37:06
Apologize for any confusion. 

Unchecking the HDMI Rx HDCP KEY box then clicking on save & exit will disable HDCP. Once you click on save & exit it will close the tool and you are good to go. 

tranbuimd
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: XR1 Lite HDCP Toggle 2022/06/14 21:31:53 (permalink)
Hello James,
I have some old family VHS and just wanted to transfer them to digital format. When I played the tapes in the VCR through the RX-A1030, the movies look good on my new 65" LG 4K TV since the RX-A1030 upscaled the footages. I routed the second HDMI out to a computer monitor and it worked. So both HDMI outs have signals. I want to capture the output from the second HDMI with the XR1 Lite. I plugged the XR1 Lite to an iMac 2017. I got the HDCP lock screen in both OBS and Quicktime. I got the HDCP lock screen even when I turned off the VCR. I guess the RX-A1030 just sent an empty HDCP signal to the XR1 Lite regardless, which is really "smart." Anyhow, I downloaded the firmware update and the HDCP control tools.
Yesterday I used a Windows 10 machine to update the firmware, ran the HDCP tool to uncheck HDMI Rx HDCP Key in the XR1 Lite as shown in the picture of the OP. I did click save & exit.
After that, I plugged the XR1 Lite back to the iMac 2017, also tried with the M1 Mac Mini. I still got the HDCP lock. I have not tried with the Windows machine.
I just ordered 4 splitters to try soon, but I agree with the OP, we should be able to use the XR1 Lite (or any capture device) to capture our own stuff right out of the box.
Does the XR1 Lite under HDCP control only work in Windows?? Should I buy a Windows machine to do the job??
Thank you in advance!
Tran

PS.: I wish the genius who invented HDCP were smart enough to let people copy their own stuff.
EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
  • Total Posts : 1026
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: XR1 Lite HDCP Toggle 2022/06/16 16:54:00 (permalink)
If you plug the XR1 lite back to a windows system and open the HDCP tool and it still shows that HDCP is disabled then the issue is likely from the source device or recording system. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile