EVGA

XOC 6.1.13 locked up pair of 1070 under certain condition

Author
BeemerBiker
  • Total Posts : 58
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
2017/08/10 13:01:08 (permalink)
I run a boinc farm and have been using precision x to control the fans on my systems for years.  I have some evga motherboards, some of your video boards (570, 670, 1060 & 1070 etc) and a very few ati that amazingly some can be controlled with your app.

The release of 6.1.13 caused a problem with my eVga 1070s.  I was setting the temp curve to aggressive and decided to unlink them as one board was hotter than the other due to it placement.  This caused the system to freeze.  When I rebooted the system failed at the point that your app turned on.  I can tell because the fans immediately raised the RPM up.  One of the video displays (I have pair of monitors on this system) had a raster that was "cracked" and flickering.  The other display was simply frozen.  Occasionally the windows 10 BSOD showed up but usually the display simply froze.  I could not figure a way to uninstall XOC as safe mode did not support it's uninstall and I was not fast enough to uninstall in normal mode before the failure.  I booted in safe mode and then zipped up the program file "evga" directory for backup puropose then deleted the directory.  This allowed me to boot into normal mode and post on this form.  I will probably go back to precison x 16 as that worked fine.

win10 proX64 with latest patches and nVidia 382.05
[EDIT]  i disabled all CUDA progressing and anything else I could think of before uninstalling precision x.  Each 1070 was connected to its own monitor.
post edited by BeemerBiker - 2017/08/10 13:06:02

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile