EVGA

X99 Classified - CPU Fan Headers (1 amp PWM) - There are 3 of them on the board, Issues?

Author
efilloon
  • Total Posts : 74
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/04/03 08:15:36 (permalink)
In the bios:

CPU Smart Fan #1 Setting, this will work with PWM fans and I can control the speed with SpeedFan and Sentry 3 controller. Works great.

CPU Smart Fan # 2, I cannot control the fan speeds, the PWM fans are on high speed. I think it's because you have to select either from CPU, PWM or Sys drop down that you are locked in with that, I tried to select from all three and the PWM fan is on high speed and yes I tried to change the speed on Level 1 through 4 on each selection but still no change in speed.

CHA Smart Fan #3, I cannot control the fan speeds, the PWM fans are on high speed. Same results are #2

Can the bios be updated to make the CPU Fan Headers all the same like CPU Fan Header #1? I want to be able to control all my PWM fans with either Speedfan or Sentry 3 controller. Take out the drop down choosing CPU, PWM or SYS selection and just put default fan speed like CPU Fan Header #1. So we can use more than one CPU Fan Header and be able to control the speed of the PWm Fans.

Thanks

EVGA X99 Classified
Intel 5930 4.329GHz (watercooled - Ek-Supremacy EV0 - (Original CSQ) Full Nickel)
32Gb Corsair Platinum Dominator 2800MHz
2 EVGA 980 Classified's (EK WBs)
512 Gb Samsung 850 Pro
Corsair 1000HX PSU
Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Sound Blaster Z PCIe Gaming Sound Card
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: X99 Classified - CPU Fan Headers (1 amp PWM) - There are 3 of them on the board, Issue 2017/04/03 09:13:55 (permalink)
    These are what I use, to connect all of the radiator fans on Nibbler, see my Mods Rigs for details

I'd look and tell you my BIOS settings; but, too busy folding currently

SilverStone PWM Fan Hub System Cables, Black (CPF04)
    Amazon link

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

GTXJackBauer
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10323
    • Ribbons : 48
    Re: X99 Classified - CPU Fan Headers (1 amp PWM) - There are 3 of them on the board, Issue 2017/04/03 11:19:55 (permalink)
    Some PWM hubs have all their signal readings as the output displayed readings will be all over the place.  The SPLITTY9 from Aquacomputers works like a charm as it only has one signal coming back.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
    LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
    ragevirusqq
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 446
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: X99 Classified - CPU Fan Headers (1 amp PWM) - There are 3 of them on the board, Issue 2017/04/03 11:27:30 (permalink)
    ONLY the one CPU header is true PWM. The other fan headers do not send a true PWM signal. They use voltage control. I opened a thread myself a while back about this as it states in the manual that they are "PWM" which they are not. 

I use the swiftech spiltters to spread the one true PWM signal around. However this doesnt help with multiple pumps or different speeds etc. 

CaseLabs SM8 - X99 Classified - EVGA 1080ti - 5930k @ 4.5 - 32GB Hyper X predator - 480mm x2 and 360mm rads for super low fan speed and quiet operation- EK blocks and pump/res - All Bitspower black fittings - 1Tb samsung 850 evo 2tb total ssd space - EVGA 1300G2 - Predator X34 - Mayflower Objective 2 DAC/AMP - Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro - Sennheiser HD6xx - Mackie CR4 monitors
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile