EVGA

X299 ftw k nvme raid

Author
kaptanedi
  • Total Posts : 30
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/03/20 14:32:37 (permalink)
I connected 2 970 evos. I activated the raid section. Only one 970 evo appears under rst. If I turn off the Raid, it appears at two m2. No NVME raid support?

7 Replies Related Threads

ZoranC
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1099
    • Ribbons : 16
    Re: X299 ftw k nvme raid 2021/03/23 18:05:29 (permalink)
    There is a number of threads on this subject. In short, if I am correct: NVME RAID requires VROC which in turn requires Intel's drives.
    kaptanedi
    Re: X299 ftw k nvme raid 2021/03/27 03:20:13 (permalink)
    Thanks for the answer. It is even done directly on the Z370. Why the vroc will go to higher speeds are doubtful the extra expense 🥱
    ZoranC
    FTW Member
    Re: X299 ftw k nvme raid 2021/03/27 09:49:13 (permalink)
    kaptanedi
    Thanks for the answer. It is even done directly on the Z370. Why the vroc will go to higher speeds are doubtful the extra expense 🥱

You are welcome :)
    SeRooted
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: X299 ftw k nvme raid 2022/02/10 21:54:13 (permalink)
    kaptanedi,

this response is obviously late, but ZoranC's information isn't correct at all. You really need to go through the bios settings and you would have been able to find the option in there to set up raid 0 between both those drives. you don't need a vroc key, nor is it specific to intel drives.

I have 2 nvme's on board, adata xpg models, then I have another 4x1tb intel 660p drives in a Asus hyperx16 m.2 adapter in raid 0, along with 16 sata drives attached to the mobo and a pcie-sata adapter. 

The only time you need a Vroc key, is if you plan on setting up an array like raid 1/5/10 with your nvme's. 

all the settings you need are in your bios to get a raid setup and working on the 970 drives. if you're still interested in the info, reach out to me and Ill shoot you over my bios settings for nvme raid 0. 

Sorry but I was looking up some other information and found my way here for some reason, well, either way, better late than never.

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; background-color: #f7f7f7"] 
    ZoranC
    FTW Member
    Re: X299 ftw k nvme raid 2022/02/10 22:06:38 (permalink)
    SeRooted
    this response is obviously late, but ZoranC's information isn't correct at all
    all the settings you need are in your bios to get a raid setup and working on the 970 drives. if you're still interested in the info, reach out to me and Ill shoot you over my bios settings for nvme raid 0.

Interesting. I would be curious to figure out why I was wrong about this. Would you mind please posting your settings in this thread so everyone could benefit from your findings?
    kaptanedi
    Re: X299 ftw k nvme raid 2022/02/22 03:51:35 (permalink)
    SeRooted
    kaptanedi,

this response is obviously late, but ZoranC's information isn't correct at all. You really need to go through the bios settings and you would have been able to find the option in there to set up raid 0 between both those drives. you don't need a vroc key, nor is it specific to intel drives.

I have 2 nvme's on board, adata xpg models, then I have another 4x1tb intel 660p drives in a Asus hyperx16 m.2 adapter in raid 0, along with 16 sata drives attached to the mobo and a pcie-sata adapter. 

The only time you need a Vroc key, is if you plan on setting up an array like raid 1/5/10 with your nvme's. 

Sorry but I was looking up some other information and found my way here for some reason, well, either way, better late than never.

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-weight: bold; background-color: #f7f7f7"] 

hello, thanks for your answer, I'm still hungry for this information. Tell me how to do this, maybe many people will benefit in the future. I want to setup raid 0 with only two 970 evos. and is it possible to install os on it. I only got the information that raid 0 can be done, but the OS can be loaded only on intel supported drivers. maybe it is wrong.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: X299 ftw k nvme raid 2022/03/01 04:20:45 (permalink)
    kaptanedi
    SeRooted
    kaptanedi,

hello, thanks for your answer, I'm still hungry for this information. Tell me how to do this, maybe many people will benefit in the future. I want to setup raid 0 with only two 970 evos. and is it possible to install os on it. I only got the information that raid 0 can be done, but the OS can be loaded only on intel supported drivers. maybe it is wrong.

Try sending a PM to the member

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile