EVGA

X299 Dark 8 beep post error GPU sag fix

Author
DreadNaught503
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/21 20:27:52 (permalink)
I keep getting a 8 beep post code error and I've reseated/straightened my gpu multiple times but I keep getting the same Post beep error. Can anyone recommend a quick fix or gpu bracket to help eliminate GPU sag ? Hopefully this will fix my issue.

Pc case: Fractal design define s2
post edited by DreadNaught503 - 2021/06/21 20:31:53

Attached Image(s)

1 Reply Related Threads

bob16314
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8048
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 761
    Re: X299 Dark 8 beep post error GPU sag fix 2021/06/21 22:04:00 (permalink)
    Page 142 of the EVGA X299 DARK User Guide.

POST beeps are used in conjunction with the POST Code indicator to help determine the root cause when your system fails to boot.  However, modern UEFI/BIOS motherboards also use the speaker to convey helpful information, such as USB device detection.  As a result, users may become confused about the number of beeps emitted, making the POST code beep - while still helpful - not as useful as it once was.  

Many motherboards will beep 1-2 times per USB device plugged in at boot; some will beep more based on functions of the device.  These detection beeps may occur at the same time as the system’s POST beeps, sometimes making it a challenge to separate the POST beeps from the USB initialization.  Since the POST code indicator now fills most of the role previously held by audible beeps, there are far fewer POST beeps to help debug problems, compared to previous motherboard generations.

You can disconnect USB devices to confirm that's what's causing all the incessant beeping.

Turn off Speaker Beep in the Boot section of the BIOS before it drives you bonkers, or even more bonkers.

Pick a GPU Support Bracket you like or make something up yourself.

* Corsair Obsidian 450D Mid-Tower - Airflow Edition * ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC) * Intel i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz * 16GB G.SKILL Trident Z 4133MHz * Sabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 SSD * WD Black 500 GB HDD * Seasonic M12 II 750W * Corsair H115i Elite Capellix 280mm * EVGA GTX 760 SC * Win7 Home/Win10 Home * 

"Whatever it takes, as long as it works" - Me

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile