EVGA

Hot!X15 not recognized on startup

Author
sgonzo2k
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/03/13 08:10:16 (permalink)
This has been going on for a few weeks now. Initially when starting up windows 10, I would notice the X15 would be "off", a little shake of the mouse would start it right up. Then the shake didn't work. I would start unplugging it and plugin it back it. It wasn't all the time so I shrugged it off. Now it has gotten to the point where every time I start up my computer nothing works. When I press any buttons only the white buttons on the left side light up (under the EVGA logo) but nothing really happens. What I do now is disconnect it and connect to my 2nd computer and that seems to "wake" it up. I put it back to the original computer and just work normal after that. Drivers and software is all up to date. Any ideas? I'm probably going to RMA it. But it's gotten to the point where it's frustrating now.

6 Replies Related Threads

mumbles37
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: X15 not recognized on startup 2022/03/14 17:00:38 (permalink)
    You aren't alone. Mine also randomly isn't recognized at startup, probably 2/3rds of the time. The fix in my case is to unplug and plug it back in (even works that way in the same USB port). But this is 2022 and this is such a basic and archaic issue. I don't want to have to go around to the not-easily-accessible back of my PC to do this every time. Not to mention I had to pay the full $80 for it in my region just last month, so I feel a certain extra sting there. 

I've done what I can to fix it--plugged it into every different USB port on my PC and tried to startup like that. No go.

You have to think there's a way EVGA can fix it on their side and release that fix in a firmware update. Given how widespread this issue is, it has to be feasible. But whether it will be done is anyone's guess at this point.
    EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: X15 not recognized on startup 2022/03/14 17:05:33 (permalink)
    If you're on an AMD system you may what to plug it into A usb3 port since there have been known issues with USB2.0 causing devices to disconnect. Or check your motherboard's USB settings as some have reported making adjustments were able to resolve their issues. 

sgonzo2k
    Re: X15 not recognized on startup 2022/03/15 06:33:07 (permalink)
    EVGA_James
    If you're on an AMD system you may what to plug it into A usb3 port since there have been known issues with USB2.0 causing devices to disconnect. Or check your motherboard's USB settings as some have reported making adjustments were able to resolve their issues. 

Thank you for the suggestions. Currently I have the mouse hooked up to a USB C hub with USB 3.0 ports. I will go ahead an plug it in to a standalone USB 3.0 port in the computer itself. My system is also AMD so I will look into USB bios settings. Still doesn't explain why over time the connection just degraded when the first few weeks it was flawless.
    mumbles37
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: X15 not recognized on startup 2022/05/08 21:25:27 (permalink)
    Just a little bump, my mouse still does not load its settings at system start, no matter which USB port I am using (2.0, 3.0+). The solution is to remove it and plug it back in (the same USB port works), which solves it every time. An annoying step to have to reach back there every day though. I am on an AMD system but haven't found a BIOS setting that helps yet.
    sgonzo2k
    Re: X15 not recognized on startup 2022/05/10 06:23:22 (permalink)
    That sucks. Here’s an update from my original post, I moved it to a standalone USB 3.0 port on the back of my computer. Ever since then I’ve really had no issues. I understand your frustration though. Hopefully you can find a solution.
    EliotXII
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: X15 not recognized on startup 2023/08/08 05:09:09 (permalink)
    I have an Asus Rampage Encore X299, I don't have 2.0 inputs, all the back ones are 3.2, and the front ones are 2.0 the problem occurs on all USB
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile