EVGA

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Author
jdemianew
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/05/27 01:47:52 (permalink)
Hello, I recently bought an Evga 2080 super. I had it working in my PC for about 3 weeks before I received a windows error (see subject for error message) and the graphics card has not worked since then. I did a pc reset uninstalling everything on it and reinstalling windows and drivers. My card is still not responding. The card lights up and one of the three fans runs while the computer is on. I installed Evga Precision X but it wont run. Anyone have any help for me or do I need to seek an RMA. Thanks for your time.

12 Replies Related Threads

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102231
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 02:52:58 (permalink)
    If you want assistance please submit your full PC specs to include make and model of PSU

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

AHowes
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6681
    • Ribbons : 27
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 07:23:50 (permalink)
    I'm assuming your getting output from the card since you've been able to install PX1.. is that right?

Have you installed the correct nvidia drivers for your card? Or let windows install them automatically?

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.2Ghz Single HUGE Custom Water Loop.
    Asus Z390 ROG Extreme XI MB
    G.Skill Trident Z 32GB (4x8GB) 4266MHz DDR4 
    EVGA 2080ti K|NGP|N w/ Hydro Copper block.  
    34" Dell Alienware AW3418DW 1440 Ultra Wide GSync Monitor
    Thermaltake Core P7 Modded w/ 2x EK Dual D5 pump top,2 x EK XE 480 2X 360 rads.1 Corsair 520 Rad.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30972
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 08:48:55 (permalink)
    reinstall the GPU in the PCIe slot & also the PCIe power cables on GPU & PSU

Device manager errors ?

System specs - as mentioned above

MB & BIOS ver. is it latest ?

CPU

PSU ... Age, brand , Watts ... try different PCIe cables & PSU outputs ?

RAM

OS is it fully up to date ?

Have a restore point - from before this issue ?

Which Nvidia driver were you using ---> is it still the same ?

Remove any overclock on your system

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 08:55:38 (permalink)
    Windows 10 loves to Insist on drivers, even when they do not work ...... to stop Win 10 follow the steps below 

Also, have you powered down your PC, removed All Power -- unplug PSU, monitor, printer, powered USB hubs ....... hold start button 30 seconds to discharge any capacitors ?  Plug it all back in and boot ... 

Turning OFF in MB BIOS: Fast boot & sometimes even Safe boot can help till issue is sorted  

Graphics device driver error code 43 (support.microsoft.com)
    excerpt:

Windows stopped your device because it reported problems. To fix it, try the following:

1) Select the Start button, then in the search box next to Start, type device manager and select Device Manager from the list of results.

2) Find the problematic device in the list (it will often have a yellow exclamation point icon next to it).

3) Press and hold (or right-click) the name of the device, and select Properties.  In Properties, select the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver, then follow the steps. If the button is unavailable, that means there's no driver to roll back to.

4) Select Uninstall device and then select Uninstall.

5) At the top of the list of devices in Device Manager, press and hold (or right-click) the name of your PC, then select Scan for hardware changes. This reinstalls the device driver.

6) To see if this fixed the problem, press and hold (or right-click) the name of the device again and select Properties. On the General tab, under Device status, you should see This device is working properly. If you don’t see this message, refer to the documentation that came with the device or contact the manufacturer.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

jdemianew
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 10:02:53 (permalink)
    Thanks for the responses, I will try the fixes posted above. Here are my computer specs, if I am missing any important information let me know and I can repost.

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: Z390 AORUS MASTER
    BIOS: F10 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
    Memory: 16384MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER (version  446.14)
    Memory: Model: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB
    PSU Enermax Revolution Xt gold 80+ 750w 

I have physically removed the graphics card from the motherboard and all the PSU cables and physically reinstalled it all. This did not fix the issue.

jdemianew
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 10:06:51 (permalink)
    The driver is not responding so no output from it. I assume the output is coming from the MB or the CPU? The resolution is pretty basic. I have PX1 installed on the computer but when I run it a big PX1 flashes across the screen then vanishes and doesn't load. I have the current Nvidia driver but still having issues.
    jdemianew
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 10:13:29 (permalink)
    I don't have a restore point, I decided to do a full system wipe and install everything manually again. OS is up to date, no OC, and I assume the nvidia driver was the previous version as it looks like the new one I just updated to was posted today 5/27/20. I currently have 446.14. I am getting the error message "windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (code 43) in device manager. I looked up the notepad Dxdiag and I see this message as well.
    " Device Status: 01802400 [DN_HAS_PROBLEM|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
     Device Problem Code: 0000002B [CM_PROB_FAILED_POST_START]"
    Not sure if that means anything useful. 
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 10:19:48 (permalink)

I'm running Nvidia driver 445.87 in a Win 10 Pro 1909

iGPU is inside the CPU ... the HDMI or DP port is in the back of MB

What errors or messages do you see in Device Manager for the Video Cards ?

Reload your Nvidia driver .... After going Offline -- disconnect internet & local network ... kill all background software ... Including Security software

Being Offline - will Stop Windows from messing with the install & stoping Security software will ensure it actually gets installed

ONLY install the GPU driver, PhysX ... do Not install Nvidia Experience ... do a clean install

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 10:46:15 (permalink)
    I would be contacting EVGA support since sometimes code 43 errors are that the graphics card needs an RMA. Hopefully it's fine and they can troubleshoot it but always best to use the forum as a trouble shooting tool but don't overlook the fact that time can be lost by support having you do some troubleshooting before they do an RMA.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

jdemianew
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 11:05:27 (permalink)
    I tried the fixes you mentioned, uninstalling device from device manager and then scanning for hardware changes. The device comes back up with the error on it still. "windows has stopped device cause it has detected problems (code 43). I then tried doing the offline nvidia driver installs. I tried the current one 446.14 and that didn't work. I then tried the previous one which you said you had, 445.87. I disabled all background tasts and disabled my security software and both versions still leave me with the same issue. the code 43.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 12:07:13 (permalink)
    looks like RMA time

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49164
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) 2020/05/27 19:29:14 (permalink)
    Code 43 can mean a lot of things...

#1 Fauly card.
    #2 Fauly pci-e slot.
    #3 Registry corruption. 
    #4 Card not receiving enough power.
    #5 Corrupt vbios.

Best thing to do would be to test the card in another known good working system to confirm that the card is the actual problem.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile