Windows Server 2016 support?

Author
Hanry_m
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2017/08/06 15:36:48 (permalink)
Hello,

I require a very specific Graphics card right now that fits into a PCIe x8 slot, is low profile and slim enough to fit into a 1U server, i.e. my HP DL20 Gen9. I don't care about the connectors, as all I need is some GPU muscle with OpenGL 4.x or better.
EVGA have a good reputation and they appear to have just the card I need: the GeForce GT 710 2GB in the "single slot, low profile" form factor, model number 02G-P3-2713.
The question (which was asked here last year when the card was announced, but did not get a satisfactory answer then) is whether the card is going to work under Windows Server 2016? Because that's what the client needs, he says...

There are plenty of people who claim that just using the Windows 10 drivers should work, but I know from first hand experience that certainly with nVidia chips that is not always the case.

I would be most grateful for any reply from someone who has actually run this card under Server 2016 and can confirm that it works. Or even better, detail how they got there :-)

Many thanks,
Hanry

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile