EVGA

Windows 10 Microphone issue

Author
Synapt
  • Total Posts : 19
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/06/16 14:51:24 (permalink)
So I've tried searching as vastly across the web as I can for this, I'm not sure how much of a hardware issue this might be vs Windows but I'm hoping someone here might be familiar with it and have an answer.

I have a system with a NuAudio card (not Pro) as well as an EVGA Z370 FTW (in the case there are some audio hardware relations).  When I try to use the 3.5 Mic on any of these, the motherboard rear I/O, the NuAudio rear port or a side-case port that uses the NuAudio header, I can hear my condenser mic otherwise fine when I "listen back" through windows, but any application seems to be getting me at a whisper.  Google meet, discord, etc all seem to be receiving the audio at a vastly lower level to the point of me sounding like a whisper even though I hear myself perfectly fine when I do the loop back locally.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be?  I can only assume it's something to Windows 10 or NuAudio software somehow, but I spent a couple hours trying to google around to no success, mostly just got tons of "Mic doesn't work at all" sorta results rather than anything specifically matching my situation.

Edit: OBS will record videos w/ me sounding absolutely fine as well, and USB headsets otherwise are okay, just not this mic on 3.5mm jacks.  Is there something in Windows 10 anyone knows about that I'm somehow missing?
post edited by Synapt - 2020/06/16 17:56:15

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile