Windows 10 Fall Creators Update common installation problems and fixes

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update common installation problems and fixes 2017/12/04 12:59:23 (permalink)

Yes I had to reinstall 3 times over the weekend to get it working somewhat correctly. I used Parted Magic to secure erase the NVME drive each time, so it was a true clean install every time. On the 2nd install whenever I tried to uninstall one of the bloat games like candy crush, it would then reinstall a different one I had just uninstalled previously, so I'd uninstall that one, and it would reinstall candy crush again.. totally insane. It was ignoring some of the settings I had to not show info on the lock screen, and to not show suggested things in the start menu etc etc.. it was like Windows was flipping the bird at any changes I tried to make.

The lighted keyboard and/or mouse on keypress when shut down is still an issue. I don't want to turn off fast boot, so guess I'm stuck with it.

Decided to forego using MS "movies & tv" and "groove music" apps and installed VLC player as default player instead. 

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile