EVGA

Helpful ReplyWhy should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsair?

Author
SirenaLauren
  • Total Posts : 11
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/08/17 13:50:40 (permalink)
I've been buying mostly ASUS products ever since around 1994 or so and I've been buying solely Corsair PSU's since around 2004 or so. But, somebody introduced me to your products and how they're usually cheaper than many top competitors while being just as about equal quality. Is this true? What features do you offer on your GPU's, motherboards, and PSU's over ASUS and Corsair? I have looked around at what you charge for a RTX 2080 super and your 3 fan model is cheaper than I paid for ASUS's 2 fan model around last September or so (You charge about $810 and I paid about $900 for an ASUS ROG one. A 3 fan ASUS right now is almost double the price you guys charge). To be completely honest? While ASUS's quality probably cannot be beat I do not like some of their high prices and modest customer support. It's annoying having to deal with ASUS customer support when one of their products do end up becoming faulty. I also notice that my 2 fan 2080 super from ASUS does run quite hot (78c or so on most games on full load) it makes me nervous when their max temperature is 89C. My friend told me that an EVGA video card would run significantly cooler than that. Is that true? Is price the only features that you have against your major competitors? Or are you guys comparable in quality for a cheaper price? Why exactly should I go with strictly EVGA products from now on? What software and features do you have on your products compared to ASUS and Corsair?
I have skimmed your PSU's on your website and they look quite impressive. A titanium 850 watt PSU from you guys is around $250. I usually spend over $300 on one every 10 years or so from Corsair (Although, I have to admit, corsair PSU's do last forever and save me a lot of money on my power bill so it's worth investing $300 on a PSU when they more than pay for themselves within a few years. Especially when my wife and I leave our desktops on 24/7)

As for your motherboards I wasn't overly impressed. But, they did seem to have alright quality. I paid $260 for my ASUS ROG Z390-F and it has considerably more features than what you're charging $330 for (I believe it's your Z490 FTW model). But, motherboards aren't everything and ASUS has been making the top motherboards in the world since the late 80's. If you guys can save me lots of money with your PSU's and GPU's while having comparable quality to your top competitors, I'm on board though.
Viper97
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5208
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/17 15:35:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SirenaLauren 2020/08/18 15:45:39
Okay first off WARRANTY and Customer Service. Second, you statement that "ASUS has been making the top motherboards in the world since the late 80's" is factually incorrect. ASUS had a long period of producing motherboards that failed at a high frequency. We as a computer company decided to stop using ASUS motherboards in 1993 and through 2001. Our return rate on ASUS was about 50% if I recall. We did move on to other motherboard manufacturers during that time.

I stick with EVGA because of the ability to be able to reach out to EVGA (even during the pandemic) to rectify problems. Alas, I don't have much experience with their Tech/RMA department since the stuff works.

That's my two cents. You buy from who you trust. Features aren't everything, reliability, customer service are.

TwoEvilOne
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 716
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/17 18:04:20 (permalink)
1. Customer Service
2. Warranty 
3. Product performance 
4. Product research and development. 
5. The Forums are great too.

Register your EVGA product with my affiliate code: LDCH3LNSPA
Check out my MODS RIGS view my system , and +1  TwoEvilOne's Stormbreaker .  Click here to become an EVGA elite member than an Associate. My 3090 Kingpin 3DMark Port Royal Score: 15,239[/alig
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/17 18:18:03 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SirenaLauren 2020/08/18 15:45:30
Don't buy EVGA motherboards. EVGA used to make good motherboards a decade ago, but then its motherboard team talent got hired by other companies, and what is left is lackluster motherboards with software and firmware issues.  Enough said.

EVGA's video cards and power supplies are good and very competitive.

Only thing you have to watch out for with EVGA is the software and firmware. EVGA's software and firmware is notoriously bad. So, if it is a new product which isn't "vanilla" (is instead a custom non-reference solution), let a group of other people try it out for a while first, before deciding to buy in. This is especially true if that product relies heavily on software or firmware for customization and doesn't really work in a desirable way (or at least in a way that is desirable to you and is the reason you chose to buy it over other models) without it.

Cons:
Motherboards.
Software.
Firmware.

Pros:
Everything else.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2020/08/17 20:37:46

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

knightsilver
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 9430
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/17 20:13:15 (permalink)
Corsair what? And dont buy eVGA motherbaords.....
kougar
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3034
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/17 21:31:17 (permalink)
SirenaLauren I also notice that my 2 fan 2080 super from ASUS does run quite hot (78c or so on most games on full load) it makes me nervous when their max temperature is 89C. My friend told me that an EVGA video card would run significantly cooler than that. Is that true?

Just like with ASUS or GB, EVGA sells a variety of models for the same 2080 GPU, some run hotter than others. The boost clocks differ, so does the heatsinks, number of fans, and even the VRM design. Brand name alone is not going to be a guarantee of better cooling perf.

That being said, EVGA offers some of the more aggressive cooling options. The iCX branded cards have better cooling solutions and ~10 temp sensors all over the card and is currently unique to EVGA. I personally prefer EVGA for ICX and for the warranty options. Some models can be upgraded from a 3 year warranty to a 5 years warranty, even up to 10 years which might make sense for a flagship tier card like a 2080 Ti. You won't get any of those warranty options from ASUS or Gigabyte. 
post edited by kougar - 2020/08/17 21:32:36

Have water, will cool. 
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/17 23:15:05 (permalink)
I like EVGA video cards and enjoy the warranty terms. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Gunsvnvmc
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 616
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 00:28:41 (permalink)
When I started out building custom computers I used EVGA products for everything possible.
After two motherboards burned out one taking out a GPU I went to ASUS MBs and never looked back.

Now as for GPU no better choice than EVGA Hydro Copper not one has failed me over many years.
As a matter of fact I currently have two EVGA 2080 ti Hydro Copper cards ready for a new build but due to two major strokes need help getting it built.
The power supplies offered by EVGA are great and have never failed me have a EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2, 80+ Titanium 1600W for the new build along with
red power supply sleeved cable set from EVGA.

In a nut shell I will never use anything other than EVGA GPUs or power supplies.

Elite ID: NIRFPZ2AFBYQ56SSJ7EV

A lesson unlearned will be retaught

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 03:20:17 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Don't buy EVGA motherboards. EVGA used to make good motherboards a decade ago, but then its motherboard team talent got hired by other companies, and what is left is lackluster motherboards with software and firmware issues.  Enough said.

EVGA's video cards and power supplies are good and very competitive.

Only thing you have to watch out for with EVGA is the software and firmware. EVGA's software and firmware is notoriously bad. So, if it is a new product which isn't "vanilla" (is instead a custom non-reference solution), let a group of other people try it out for a while first, before deciding to buy in. This is especially true if that product relies heavily on software or firmware for customization and doesn't really work in a desirable way (or at least in a way that is desirable to you and is the reason you chose to buy it over other models) without it.

Cons:
Motherboards.
Software.
Firmware.

Pros:
Everything else.

+1

One thing i would add is about evga customer service. In 2017 evga started nitpicking products sent in for warranty service, while at the same time they had no issues sending out scratched/dinged/dented replacement products out to customers. They removed the Guest RMA page to make it harder to check GPU remaining warranty. 

EVGA graphic cards are fine, same with select power supplies they sell.

aka_STEVE_b
EGC Admin
  • Total Posts : 17692
  • Ribbons : 69
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 05:31:43 (permalink)
I can recommend EVGA video cards & power supplies , based on my own user experience.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 15:07:22 (permalink)

ASUS motherboards are good *IF* you don't have any issues that require after-sale service. If something goes wrong, you might as well save yourself a lot of frustration and just throw that thing in the trash because ASUS will do their level best to screw you around six ways from Sunday, and will continue to do so for months. It's an exercise in futility, and they are good at it. I'm running an ASUS mobo right now and I'm happy with it because I've had no issues with it, but I'm well aware that if something goes wrong I am almost certainly on my own - the warranty isn't worth the virtual paper it's written on.

On the other hand, EVGA is well known for the best warranty and after-sale service in the business and have been so for many years, and that counts for a LOT when dealing with high end computer gear. EVGA GPUs are second to none imho - solid, dependable HEDT gear, and likewise with their PSUs. EVGA motherboards used to be the top in the industry, the X58 platform was phenomenal imo, but I haven't used them for a little while after they had some issues with one platform about 5(?) years ago, although I believe they are back up to top notch again now.

I used to run with Corsair PSUs years ago and they were always solid, but once EVGA entered that market they've owned it, at least for the last 5 years or so since I switched. Corsair RAM is excellent, I've tried a bunch of different brands over the years but have always come back to Corsair, particularly their Dominator memory sticks. Corsair make very good cases as well, never had a problem with them, and well designed, at least for the 6 or so Corsair cases I've had over the years. Only other case I've really liked was my Mountain Mods U2-UFO case - that thing was the ultimate for big custom water loops.

I'd better add a qualifier that I almost always buy HEDT gear only, so I can't speak for EVGA's more budget-conscious gear, or other brands for that matter.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

SirenaLauren
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 15:55:27 (permalink)
PSU's (Power supply units) otherwise known as Power Supply boxes. Forgive me, I started in computers in the 90s and probably used q 90s term. I said corsair power supply boxes. Their power supplies last for forever. Or, at least in my experience my first power supply that I bouhht around 04 or so was a corsair tx-850. It lasted until I met my wife (2016 or so) I stupidly kept using it until it literally exploded almost 13 years later. Since then I've only had to buy 3 other Power Supplies and I gave my wife one for her rig, bought one that I later spilled water from my loop in and bought an ax850 to replace that one.

I was wondering how comparable their power supplies were to that because I'm going to have to buy a 12 pin PSU for the rtx 3080 when it comes out hopefully sometime next month and I'll either give my 2080 super to my wife or sell it to help with 3080 costs. I was also wondering how their gpus were to maybe save money on the 3080. Depending on how expensive it comes out at.
post edited by SirenaLauren - 2020/08/18 15:58:21
SirenaLauren
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 16:06:44 (permalink)
yup thats the experiences i've had over the years buying motherboards from them. Since the early 90s ive had to return about 2 motherboards and a few came to me dead from egghead/newegg. One just recently a few weeks ago. I ordered an ASUS z390-f from Newegg like I mentioned in the OP and it came defective. Luckily I got Newegg customer support and they refunded my money but everything i have to talk to ASUS cu SD tomorrow support I dread it. I usually completely upgrade my rigs every 4 years and buy a new video card every year. So I've probably bought 15 Asus motherboards over the course of my lifetime. So they were mostly good for me. I like how well their motherboards overclock too and how beautiful their monitors usually look. I usually consider them worth the extra money. But you're absolutely right their customer service is horrible. I'm glad to hear that EVGA has much better customer support. 
SirenaLauren
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 16:14:48 (permalink)
I typically change my GPU every year and sell my old one so length of a card doesn't really apply to me but how is the quality compared? Like how's the picture and specs compared to ASUS? If ASUS is going to charge nearly $700 extra for a 2080 super for example and the 2080 super from EVGA is basically the same thing why shouldn't I go with EVGA right? Unless ASUS somehow makes the extra $700 worth it. I also heard evga let's you open up your card without voiding the warranty is that true? Like I can put a block on one or custom fan/change the paste ...etc and still have a warranty? If thats true thats mega useful for overlooking and ASUS doesn't offer that.

As for software is could just use msi afterburner its no big deal.
kelkel1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 601
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 16:15:40 (permalink)
#1 reason is support.

Asucks, well, sucks.

Chiggerbites, they suck too.

evga motherboards are just OK, I wish they had more sensors and a better UEFI.

evga GPUs 4ever!

PSUs, well, I have to go with Corsair there, even though they do not actually make them.

Z390 DARK, 9900K, 2080 FTW3 ULTRA, GSKILL 4500, 960EVO M.2
https://valid.x86.fr/52sqs5
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11083
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 21:01:35 (permalink)
Yes it is true you can take the GPU apart and water cool or replace the TIM no problem.
Just do not damage the PCB or other parts and you will be ok. Return it in good clean condition.

As far as the motherboards. I have had 
Three x58 FTW and one x58 classidied3.
Two x79 classified and a x79 stinger.
Two x99 classified, two x99 FTW
Two Z370 FTW
One Z87
I still use all of them except the x58 boards, I sold those. 
They work fine, not had one issue with any of them.

AS far as Asrock and Asus and Gigabyte I have several of those too, 10 or so.
x79 boards x99 boards, z87 and z370 boards. 
I have not had any issues with any of those either.
Although the x99 Stryx gets flaky if I push the OC too much. Maybe the e5-1650v3 CPU too.
The EVGA x99 do quite well with e5-1650v3 and 1660v3 unlocked xeons 

My dual and quad socket SuperMico boards also have been good to me, AMD and Intel boards.

My EVGA RMAs have gone very well. Over the years I have had 2 PSUs, 2 GPUs and one mouse
Always received a working replacement. 

I would buy EVGA, Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte MB or GPU any day.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 23:12:23 (permalink)
For me it's the forums being helpful to members and if an RMA is needed EVGA does a good job helping out. Some other companies can make good products but I have heard are a nightmare when it comes to exchanges.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/18 23:55:40 (permalink)
Some companies who I don't want to name here have really horrible customer service. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14685
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/19 01:19:55 (permalink)
Do your own product research when selecting a motherboard purchase, that way you know what each mfg has to offer to help narrow down the motherboard you want. ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI usually have the latest motherboard innovations and newest audio chips etc. When the industry first came out with single latching ram slots and reinforced PCI-E slots, it took evga like 8-12months before we seen evga motherboards have it. 

Where you buy the hardware is important too. I like to buy my hardware from Amazon.com (Shipped and Sold by Amazon.com), due to Amazon customer service and return policy. No mfg return policy comes close to Amazon.

SirenaLauren
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/19 07:49:43 (permalink)
bill1024
Yes it is true you can take the GPU apart and water cool or replace the TIM no problem.
Just do not damage the PCB or other parts and you will be ok. Return it in good clean condition.

As far as the motherboards. I have had 
Three x58 FTW and one x58 classidied3.
Two x79 classified and a x79 stinger.
Two x99 classified, two x99 FTW
Two Z370 FTW
One Z87
I still use all of them except the x58 boards, I sold those. 
They work fine, not had one issue with any of them.

AS far as Asrock and Asus and Gigabyte I have several of those too, 10 or so.
x79 boards x99 boards, z87 and z370 boards. 
I have not had any issues with any of those either.
Although the x99 Stryx gets flaky if I push the OC too much. Maybe the e5-1650v3 CPU too.
The EVGA x99 do quite well with e5-1650v3 and 1660v3 unlocked xeons 

My dual and quad socket SuperMico boards also have been good to me, AMD and Intel boards.

My EVGA RMAs have gone very well. Over the years I have had 2 PSUs, 2 GPUs and one mouse
Always received a working replacement. 

I would buy EVGA, Asus, Asrock, Gigabyte MB or GPU any day.

Finally figured out how to quote posts on my tablet (I'm not that educated on tablets and the latest gadgets like cell phones...etc I've been a desktop nerd since I was a child.)

Anyway, why would you recommend a gigabyte or asrock motherboard and GPU? Curious. You clearly know what you're talking about but I've had nothing but bad experiences with those companies and I for some reason never considered EVGA as an option. Especially once ASUS released their ROG series which were significantly better products over their competitors but yes, their customer support is a large pain to have to deal with like we've all established.

So EVGAs motherboards are worth the extra buck? I might consider buying one in my next build and trying them for myself but I've noticed a lot of their core features don't compare to ASUS ROG boards by looking up EVGAs products. But like I said I'd i can save money and get just as good quality I'd be stupid not to buy EVGA. Especially with the large difference in prices to most of their products. 

I usually go with razer for accessories. I play a lot of mmos and love their naga mouse. I've had mine for a very long time and bought it on a black Friday sale. I only paid like $20 for it. You can't even get a generic mouse for $20 anymore retail.

But yeah. I probably should try an evga keyboard/mouse if they're any good.

Oh I did buy EVGAs thermal paste (Frostbite 2) with a corsair h150i pro xt to cool my very high CPU Temps down. They were sometimes spiking to 92c on under 18% load on a i7 10700. The max temp on it is 100c so I haven't been using my new rig much and it made me very nervous. Hoping my new system when it comes this afternoon will drop those temps significantly. From what I heard from toms hardware EVGAs new paste is very good.

How many years have you been building computers to only need 2 PSUs from EVGA? Thats impressive even I don't have those stats and I've had really good luck with PSUs over the years once I started buying quality over the cheapest price possible.
SirenaLauren
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/19 07:51:37 (permalink)
MSim
Do your own product research when selecting a motherboard purchase, that way you know what each mfg has to offer to help narrow down the motherboard you want. ASUS, GIGABYTE and MSI usually have the latest motherboard innovations and newest audio chips etc. When the industry first came out with single latching ram slots and reinforced PCI-E slots, it took evga like 8-12months before we seen evga motherboards have it. 

Where you buy the hardware is important too. I like to buy my hardware from Amazon.com (Shipped and Sold by Amazon.com), due to Amazon customer service and return policy. No mfg return policy comes close to Amazon.

Yup! I bought a faulty external hard drive from Amazon and they replaced it right away. I didn't even have to send the faulty drive back first. Loved it.
bill1024
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 11083
  • Ribbons : 65
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2020/08/19 09:58:10 (permalink)
I been building my own systems since 1992.
We used to have computer shows. Hardware vendors would rent a hall or civic center and have tables full of hardware. This was before big hardware stores on the internet.

When you say " I've had bad luck with the companies" do you mean bad service?
Or you saying every product you bought was bad?
I have never had to deal with the companies since I never had an issue with their product.
Asrock MBs single and my two dual socket 2011 boards run fine and do what I need them to do.
Asrock was started by Asus so I figured they must be fairly good. And they have been for me.
My Gigabyte hardware has held up very well, how their cust. service is, can not say.
Never had to use either ones RMA services.  KNOCK ON WOOD!

Look at the specs, if it meets your needs then buy it. If you need something they do not offer
on their boards, get what works for you.

I have EVGA PSUs, Antec, NZXT, and Corsair, not many issues over the years.
I sent one Antec RMA they sent be a better larger PSU back. I was pleased. 750G to 850P
Gskill, corsair, Kingston and Samsung memory all has been good for me.
Have had RMAs on memory three of those brands, RMAs went well no issues. Never Samsung RMA.
Gskil service was top notch I have to say; a real human answered the phone, I was shocked.
Yeah, over the years, memory seems to me to be the most prone to failure.

On the system I use for personal use and games I have razor keyboard, mouse and mouse pad.
Plus their 7.1 headphone. They seem to work well, not had to RMA so can not say how Cust.service is.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

avTronic
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2021/03/03 02:59:23 (permalink)
I have also built my own systems since the late 80's when I was still a teenager. This was back when you could actually upgrade your CPU by adding another chip called a co-processor (i387 to be exact). Always as a hobby, then side business, then for my current private company needs. I can tell you that the only hardware companies I dealt with, in the long run, were ones with good warranties that could also support those warranties. ViewSonic used to be one of them, as well as Western Digital. I never seem to have any issues with motherboards nor PSU so I went with what was available and had no allegiance. Going into the 2000's and 2010's I had good luck with Asus motherboards and video cards, Thermaltake power supplies and MSI motherboards, so no dealing with warranty.
  My first EVGA was a GTX 780 that I just threw into a cheap system build for my sister. She is a an adult that only plays Spiritfarer and the 8 year old card is doing her fine. I didn't have good warranty experiences with ZOTAC (graphics). With In the past 5 years I have used 2 MSI Z370 motherboards, an EVGA GTX 1070 Ti and my first EVGA PSU, 1000GQ model. After hanging on to the 1070 for far too long, I was lucky enough to grab a current video card this past December. I was actually forced to upgrade since my 1070 Ti was having issues with a memory hole (been going on longer than I realized but realized why I had slight issues only under extreme benchmarks).
  I was almost going to not bother with a warranty claim on the 1070 but since I had online receipt from BestBuy and the warranty was for 3 years, and I was under that, I went ahead. I am very happy I did. The dealing with tech support and getting approval for an RMA was such a good experience, especially in the middle of this pandemic. I actually was able to speak with a human when I went to verify the status of my shipping option that had been mixed up when I was initially doing the RMA. I also had some email exchanges with them after I received the replacement card and they set me straight on a few points, in a very professional manner. A last point on warranty is that EVGA would like proof of purchase but that receipt doesn't have to be in your name, if you purchased it second hand. The warranty basically follows the product so do your best to get a copy of the original receipt but they may be forgiving on that on a case by case bases. 
  So basically it's good product designs, good products, good customer service, good forums, good warranty. They also seem to be in the gaming community first hand. Based out of California, they are not just a faraway foreign outfit. 
Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2021/03/03 08:58:16 (permalink)
I think I've only had one motherboard and one videocard from EVGA go bad on me in 13 years of using their products.  Both warranty claims.   Otherwise, I've outgrown all my EVGA hardware.  

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
blacksapphire08
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8875
  • Ribbons : 22
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2021/03/03 09:46:40 (permalink)
I can confirm they have top notch customer service. They are my first choice for GPUs but sadly couldnt find one so went with ASUS. Still on that wait list tho.

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2021/03/03 13:27:38 (permalink)
I'd chime in and also say if going EVGA only go graphics card and power supplies. Their other products need better quality control. They've lost their pedigree on mobos and I've never found their case designs to be very well thought out. Their all-in-one coolers are average, but ok. Their side products like sound cards, keyboards and mouse are mediocre. That being said, they're good on power supplies and graphics cards. Historically, EVGA has never been good at diversifying their product lines. When they do, they venture into mediocre territory. 

tl;dr: EVGA = good GPU + PSU....everything else is a mixed bag.
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2021/03/03 13:37:23
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15886
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2021/03/03 14:52:49 (permalink)
Warranty, Stepup, Advanced Extended Warranty, Advanced RMA/EAR. 
GPU's and mostly PSU's are solid, they need to up their motherboard design, I love the look of their case but not sure how good they are as I do not own one. Would like to try one out though. So far this x17 mouse has been great still prefer my rival 300 but those got discontinued. EVGA needs to get a good product like a mouse/keyboard basically hitting a home run stop trying to reinvent the wheel. Want to make the same product without a total redesign? GO ahead add better switches and parts, but do not change everything up out of the desire to think your being cool. People like familiarity. A product like that a company will stand behind for decades to come. Like look at the Razor Deathadder, sadly the omeron switches in those have gotten mass produced cheap. The design has stayed the same. People like that.

The one person who chased off Peter Tan aka Shamino, Should not had done that. When he was helping to design their motherboards and was not being harassed they made some amazing stuff. 

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
213NSX
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 137
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2021/03/03 16:34:53 (permalink)
EVGA is by far the best in the business. They are so good in fact we ONLY use EVGA SKU's in our builds. Period. 

Attached Image(s)

syphonzero
  • Total Posts : 29
Re: Why should I go with EVGA products instead of other top companies like ASUS and Corsai 2021/03/05 22:00:50 (permalink)
Corsair has yet to make a GPU so there is no comparison there.
No Corsair motherboards either, but as mentioned, I would stay away from EVGA MBs.
PSUs from both have always worked for me. Some even 10+ years later.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile