EVGA

Why is EVGA out of stock on almost every video card?

Author
KZboray
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/06/10 09:15:06 (permalink)
And more importantly when can I expect them to be back in stock? I've been trying to buy a new card from EVGA for months and the available stock has only gotten worse. Is EVGA going out of busness? It sure seems that way.

6 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30974
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Why is EVGA out of stock on almost every video card? 2020/06/10 10:20:00 (permalink)
    KZboray
    And more importantly when can I expect them to be back in stock? I've been trying to buy a new card from EVGA for months and the available stock has only gotten worse. Is EVGA going out of busness? It sure seems that way.

Welcome to the CV-19 disruption across the World & the increase in demand and slowdown to Mfg

Where To Buy

I'd use the auto notify .... check back often everyday ... especially on Fridays & Mondays on EVGA.com --> they go Fast

Use anyone's Associate code & Save up to 10% when you buy on EVGA.com - on top of all other promotions

Attached Image(s)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: Why is EVGA out of stock on almost every video card? 2020/06/10 10:30:07 (permalink)
    There was a shortage just recently, everyone ended up filtering to the EVGA website and cleaned out the stock when they couldn't buy from anywhere else. It does look like the 3rd party websites like Newegg and B&H have EVGA cards back in stock... Just depends on the model you are looking for.

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

Delirious
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 17474
    • Ribbons : 61
    Re: Why is EVGA out of stock on almost every video card? 2020/06/10 11:39:12 (permalink)
    yeah, I'm waiting for a synology NVME/ 10GBE  PCI card for my NAS and I suspect this is the reason.  

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
    Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
    Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
    education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
    A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
    EVGA_Lee
    • Total Posts : 4247
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: Why is EVGA out of stock on almost every video card? 2020/06/10 14:01:22 (permalink)
    KZboray

Rumors of our demise have been greatly exaggerated - again.

As others have said, demand has greatly outpaced supply, which was already challenged due to the effects of the global pandemic (this is pretty much true for every company in this industry).  We're getting stock in of various cards every day, but by the time they're allocated to our various authorized resellers/distributors/retailers/system builders, and EVGA.com, they disappear faster than you can say k|ngp|n.  Unless you're watching our website 24/7 (which I highly discourage anyone from doing), it's easy to miss when we put stock up. 

My best suggestion is to click the auto-notify button on the card(s) you want.  We generally send out the in-stock notification at the same time that we put them in-stock, so if you see a message that your card is in stock, I suggest you quickly try to order it.  After all, you most likely won't be the only person receiving that notification.
    RainStryke
    The Advocate
    • Total Posts : 15872
    • Ribbons : 60
    Re: Why is EVGA out of stock on almost every video card? 2020/06/10 15:13:30 (permalink)
    There is a huge bottleneck in shipments around the US right now and I believe PPE is still being prioritized, many companies are conforming to regulations after what happened to Amazon in France. We are going to see more delays in moving items in general... I didn't know packages are shipped through the airliners and with most of them pretty much shut down from the pandemic, USPS doesn't have the capacity to move mail as fast as before. I shipped out an item with 2 day shipping, listed it as a CPU and they held it at the hub for 5 days before shipping it out. When calling support, it only took an hour and ten minutes to speak to a lady that tells me nothing is promised and provided dates are just quotes. At the end of the call she made me a ticket and said someone might call me, but nothing is guaranteed. lol guess I should be thankful they had anyone to talk to... Gigabyte straight up axed their live support.

Main PC | Secondary PC
    Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
    ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
    SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
    Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18915
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: Why is EVGA out of stock on almost every video card? 2020/06/10 19:23:35 (permalink)
    EVGATech_LeeM
    ...they disappear faster than you can say k|ngp|n.

lol

RainStryke
    There is a huge bottleneck in shipments around the US right now..

You're not kidding - and international is worse. I sent a USPS small priority mail box to New Zealand. USPS picked it up 03/26/2020. The tracking only has it arriving in New Zealand on 06/06/2020, and it still hasn't been delivered. Apparently there was a whole month where USPS held everything at the USPS Jamaica NY International Distribution Center that wasn't deemed urgent. Normally it's 6-10 days for delivery from NY to NZ, in this case it's over 2 1/2 months and counting..

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile