Hot!Why We Fold -- Daily Journal

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8
Author
Adam2013
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1275
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/28 18:28:20 (permalink)
Wow. That is incredible. Thank you for sharing and thank you for staying by her side throughout all that. I probably only have the slightest idea of what that roller coaster felt like as I am not married yet.

Sadly, so many people in this world would have left and not come back if his/her spouse were diagnosed with something like cancer at such an early age. I'm glad you didn't because she looks like a really cool person.

[19:42:38] emepror:well i've been trying to "massage" it
Heatware || If you think someone else needs a BR, please PM a Mod
PSU Questions? || Fold on a Fermi? || Clean W7 install from Upgrade?
AcesofDeath7
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2972
  • Ribbons : 10
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/28 20:09:44 (permalink)
Adam2013

Wow. That is incredible. Thank you for sharing and thank you for staying by her side throughout all that. I probably only have the slightest idea of what that roller coaster felt like as I am not married yet.

Sadly, so many people in this world would have left and not come back if his/her spouse were diagnosed with something like cancer at such an early age. I'm glad you didn't because she looks like a really cool person.

+1!!!!  I can not say this any different or add to it.  Only that having been married for over 30 years, I salute you for staying together.  Many couples forget that they swore an oath to love, cherish, & honor each other in sickness & health.  Very commendable & my prayers are with you for a special recovery!

texinga
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5121
  • Ribbons : 20
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/29 05:43:29 (permalink)
Prayers on the way for Amanda and you.  All the best in her recovery.  This is a pure example of people at their best when the worst happens.  Inspiring...

Rick

Madrias
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4912
  • Ribbons : 6
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/11/30 22:14:48 (permalink)
December 1, 2010
Madrias

Why do I fold?  It gives me something to do when I'm not gaming or watching movies.  Something to do with the expensive GPU in my rig.  The fact that it could be saving someone's life attracted me closer to folding more than any of the other Distributed Computing items.  That, and if it can (eventually) cure cancer, it's all that much better.

To understand my hatred of cancer and why I fight in this 'folding war' to kill it, let me briefly explain:

My mother (formerly a smoker) passed away when I was 6 years old.  Cause of death: highly aggressive lung cancer.  Our family's been fighters for years.  She was given 3 months to live and dragged it out for 8 months.  That moment itself made me want to do something about it, but at the age of 6, I couldn't do anything.

For years, I couldn't do anything.  I didn't know about folding.  Heck, I hardly knew computers until I was 10.  Well, I knew how to use them, but hadn't ever tinkered inside them.

After that time, I began fiddling with computers, mostly to take my mind off of things.  Any time someone made a joke relating to parents (particularly "Yo' Momma" jokes, I flew into a fit of violent rage (understandably so), but the computer stuff helped.

Time passed and Dad got a GTS 250 (at the time, attempting to make his monitor work with the Radeon 5770 and giving up), but it didn't have HDMI connections (I believe it's the better model without), and so got a DVI to HDMI adapter.  He installed the card, got no screen display.  Hooked the adapter into the 5770, the screen worked just fine.

With that, I got my GTS 250 (It's about a year or so old now, still runs fine), and for about 2 or 3 months, I ran it normal.  Speedfan showed temps, I didn't like the card idling in the 50's, and so I installed Precision from the driver disk.  It wanted to update.  To update, I had to be a member of the EVGA forums, etc.  I signed up.  Not 2 days later, I found out about folding, and gave the GPU client a spin.

Since then, I've been folding on and off, until recently, where I cranked it up to fold more than I game (I have 2 games and neither are worth long playthroughs.) and pretty much haven't touched a controller.

So, now onto the part you all want to hear: why I fold.

I fold so that no one else has to suffer through cancer.  It's a disease I wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy, and trust me, there's a lot I'd wish on him.  I fold to cure cancer, and some of the other nasty diseases.

The points, well, they allow me to compete (like gaming) against other people, specifically against those on my team, aspiring to be better.

warthorn
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3292
  • Ribbons : 44
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/01 09:50:41 (permalink)
Thanks Madrias, esp since i forgot to PM you a reminder. More comments later!
Madrias
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/01 11:03:33 (permalink)
warthorn

Thanks Madrias, esp since i forgot to PM you a reminder. More comments later!

When I looked at the system clock and it said 12/1/2010, and 12:01 AM, it was time to do something.

Sleinous
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 7672
  • Ribbons : 32
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/09 10:41:18 (permalink)
[I know this is a few hours early for ya'll but i'm out early tomorrow morning so i'm posting this as close to the new day as possible for me (GMT).

-------------------------------

10th December 2010

Everyday I wake up, it's just as cold as every other 6 o'clock morning start. No heating, no breakfast, no shower until... i've trapsed accross to the otherside of the house, switched the power socket, monitor and computer on. Next: Its time to type my password, and slowly lumber back to the kitchen for some breakfast... In my books, every second earlier that I switch that machine on, someone may well benefit from my work units more in the future than if i'd waited a few minutes longer before getting up. I first started distributed computer processing last year when a lecturer in one of my university modules talked about it. I believe he referred to Seti@Home and this was the first program I started working for, but only for a matter of a couple of days. I then found out about folding@home through external links from the main SETI client. Ever since then i've been folding as I feel this to be the most beneficial cause for computational time. I fold on CPUs, GPUs and pretty much anything else I can get my hands on! (How I wish you could fold on ARM....).

My Reason:

So, to sum it all up, although I have no direct experience of the consequences of mis-folding (like many others out there) I do it to help, knowing that one day, somewhere, the WUs I submitted will have helped scientists to help a total stranger to me somewhere.

My Affiliate Code: GL1IAAFWJF
texinga
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/09 11:37:47 (permalink)
Sleinous,  well said and bravo!  I too head straight to the PC each morning to check Folding status and possibly start a new WU before coffee or most anything else.  Your "reason" is enough basis for anyone worldwide to Fold and I'm glad you are here with us no matter which Team because we are all the same Team. 

Rick

Adam2013
FTW Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/09 11:57:24 (permalink)
Good post Sleinous. Although it was a bit weird for me to see that you were trying to post as close to the next day as possible as it is almost 2pm here (GMT -6) until I saw what time zone you are and that you are in the UK 

Fold on!

Sleinous
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/09 13:34:30 (permalink)
Yes my apologies, especially as ive just gotten home earlier than expected and couldve posted a couple of hours later :(

Fold on!

Adam2013
FTW Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/09 18:15:05 (permalink)
Sleinous

Yes my apologies, especially as ive just gotten home earlier than expected and couldve posted a couple of hours later :(

Fold on!

Haha not a problem. I realize that midnight for me is not midnight for everyone else and I just forgot to read where you said you were GMT 

Sleinous
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/09 23:45:34 (permalink)
Here it is, the new day! Ill be trying to get my 470 folding again today when im back from uni.

warthorn
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/12 13:52:15 (permalink)
12/12/2010 -- Folding for Fred

Still having trouble talking about family losses. But there's one person I met on this forum who I fold for.

You may remember him, he went by fbieler. Awhile back, he gave me a $600 Samsung design-quality 24" 1920x1200 monitor -- completely free all the way down to shipping.. After some coaxing I accepted the offer and gave my monitor to a friend, and my friend gave his to my dad, so fbieler's contribution helped 3 people. That monitor really made my day during some difficult times. I'd never had any single item quite that nice before, and having it inspired a renewed interest in photography/editing, my Modern Industry build, and proved enormously helpful for a slew of computer-related jobs and classes that required not only a lot of screen real estate, but a sharp picture that was easy on the eyes. I'm pretty sure I'd need glasses by now if it hadn't been for that  Plus it was just fun to play games on, ya know? Practical, sentimental, and fun...

What you may not know is that Fred was dying of cancer when he gave it to me. To rephrase a cruder line, he told me that he hadn't been the best person in life, and wanted to do a random act of kindness before he passed away. We wrote each other many very long emails. Told him about my life, he told me about his, and his struggles. Fred was truly going through some terrible times, and not just the cancer. It's not my place to tell it all, but trust me when I say he was in dire straights. He helped me keep perspective on the comparatively trivial nature of the things I was going through, and even though he had trouble writing with all the medications he was on, his sense of wry humor shone through. Always got a laugh reading Fred's emails.

I came to consider him a very good friend, even though we had never met or even talked on the phone. Because his situation was so dire and I was so grateful for his gift and his friendship, I sent him a copy of my book. It was to my honor that he read it not once or twice, but several times. Sometimes he was angry at the characters, or sometimes just making a joke, but by his actions it was clear that the inspiring story meant a lot to him. We exchanged a lot of life philosophy, that kind of thing, you know? We talked about school, jobs, lovely and not so lovely ladies, music, books, jokes, the forums, computers, folding, you name it. (Fred was a folder, of course!)

The last time I heard from Fred, he had pulled out of his cancer. He had lost a lot in his life by then, but you can imagine how great it was to hear he was going to make it after all. His emails became much clearer as he eased off all the treatment medications. I have not heard from him in quite awhile (I believe he had to move and give up his computer) but I do believe he is out there.

His kindness, friendship, philosophy, refusal to go down easy, and good humor in the face of life-ending adversity are true inspirations to me in life and in folding.

Thank you, Fred, and if you're out there reading this, hope to hear from you soon! You are a better man than you gave yourself credit for, and I still think of you often.
post edited by warthorn - 2010/12/12 13:54:24
texinga
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/12 17:52:24 (permalink)
Fred's impact on you surely has a part in this "Why We Fold" effort and to that end Fred is doing more good through inspiring others than he knew.  Here's to Fred, wherever he may be and to good Folding friends.

Rick

Adam2013
FTW Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/13 00:07:38 (permalink)
Hope he posts here. Sounds like a cool person 

Thanks for posting!

urdeath
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 560
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/14 01:02:22 (permalink)
Before my "Why I Fold" I'd like to state that I was truly touched by Madrias' post, it was worded magnificently. I don't think I could put this into any better words than what Madrias already has but I will say that I feel the same way as he described about folding & cancer. It's terrible to experience if you know someone who has it. It's something that nobody should have to experience if they're a victim of it or related in some way to the person. Folding points is nice in the way that it grows competition since as a race we're very competitive. So I hope nothing more than friendly competition grows up as a result of this. No one Man or Woman in my eyes can be said to be more a hero than the next. We're all doing what we can. We pitch in with what we can for the better good of all.

This is me, urdeath/urdeath007/bloodlust. I fold for many reasons of which I can truly state is my family. I strive to help those around me in my environment to what extents I can. I'm a kind & friendly person I've been told even been told I go to further lengths for them than they'd expect from a friend. I simply want to help those who I have the power to.So here I am nonetheless trying to help everyone who I can possibly help without knowing or caring their story for I have experienced what I dearly wish others won't have to... Or so I hope so at some point in my life or a future generation.  I find I'm slipping so I'll move on to my "Why I fold" and hope that my message gets across to those of you reading it. 

I was born in the year 1990, which was a good year for many reasons most of which I was too young to know or understand. At a later age I would understand my family & their actions a bit more. Before I was born my grandfather on my Father's side had passed leaving a mess behind for everyone to deal with. It was not his choice that it happen but it did. I have been told by my relatives as well as strangers that worked for him/wtih him or a neighbor during a point in life he was a honorable and hard working man. He lived by principles and morals. He may have died before my time but I know the effects it has had on my close family. Those that have only put on suits for special occasions to see them all adorned in theirs is a vivid picture in my mind of all he touched, all that dearly cared and respected him. It will forever remind me throughout life that we should act the same way we'd like to be treated. We should honor & respect those we deal with. It's about how we act that we'll be remembered by forever.

Later on in life at the age of 7 I had a world shattering experience to my little world as I knew it at the time. It was a harsh wakeup call to reality to cherish every moment with those I care about because life is not a garaunteed thing which can be taken in a breath at any time. I awoke one evening to find a scene that was my father sitting in a chair in the living room in a stance that requires no words to tell was utter devastation. The day before my father had asked if I wanted to go up to visit my great-grandparents (on my father's side) for a day or two. I had at the time turned down the opportunity. The following day I felt devastated when I learned that my same dear grandparents had passed away. I felt that it was my fault for quite some time because it might have been different if we had been there. At the time I didn't know much better or to stop blaming myself. Later I learned that it was a heart attack that got my great-grandmother whom had awoken to find my great grandfather dead from cancer. I got over it though it's something that at such a young age I truly feel that nobody should ever have to experience. 

Years later in '06 I found out on an otherwise normal day that my uncle had pancreatic cancer. Just years before he had been diagnosed and gone to what lengths he could to fight it off. Now my uncle was like a second father in the sense that if I've looked up to anyone as a "role model" for lack of a better word or taken morals  after another it's him. I'm not saying I don't take after my father but I like to think I'm taking after the better attributes of them both. He never put me down to a mental state that would have me negatively thinking. Always encouraged me to learn as much as I could so that one day I would enjoy where I go in life. So that I don't end up in some unfortunate situation in life that he said I didn't deserve to be in. Ironically whenever he visited and I was playing a game he'd jokingly give me a hard time that I was playing around with a "time waster". I forever hear the echo of those conversations when I quit playing after a session. So I usually find myself playing games that involve friends or some level of multiplayer vs. singleplayer games. I find more and more that I play only these due to the appeal of playing with friends, with the fun times & memories they bring in those sessions. I recall how he always pushed me on to do my homework before doing anything with him as he always insisted schooling was important. He was a kind person who would help if he could as long as he was not taken advantage of otherwise he'd settle things in a manner he viewed fair. He mostly wore a smile whenever our family was together until later years when chemo & his cancer treatments started taking tolls on him. He held fast to morals from his experiences that caught on to me through his actions while I was around. I find it hard to put to words most of them. Though overall he simply wanted to enjoy life to it's fullest in a way he chose while abiding to the laws of the government so as to live on his land being a kind hard working man under the wide blue sky. 

So when I found out he had cancer again but that it was highly unlikely he'd survive I don't have to explain how the thought was to me. So on the last trip to the Oregon Sand Dunes after exhausting all treatment options he could, as he went fighting it best he could, I cherished it. To this day I keep in mind the image of him standing triupmhant on a cement modeled whale outside a campground on our way back from the dunes. In pain or not, being able to keep what food he could in him and having what was to be a time of his life with us he was happy. It showed. Throughout the years of pain he fought as it's our family's nature to do so, it's human nature. Nonetheless for all his fighting in '007 he passed so I keep the mental image of him standing in a triumphant pose upon a modeled whale outside a campsite on our way home from his last enjoyable trip in life. So I keep it in my mind that it matters not what you're going through, because if you're going to live you're life you damn well better not waste it as it's precious down to the last second. It's necessary to go out and enjoy yourself with those you hold most dear to you while you have the time or even ability to do so.

So I "fold" for my family alive as well as lost along with the friends I've made but have lost because it's what I can do to help. Regardless that cancer is like a plague in my on both sides but there is hope. I may be one in some thousands out of the planet's population who can help partake in this so I hope it helps. I can only hope that someday my efforts as well as those of every wonderful unselfish soul who partakes in this finds a cure to some cancer or any one of the diseasesthat this project from stanford is researching. So if anything comes of the folding as a whole, we've all won. We're all heroes for doing this. We get these units done so that sometime the one(s) that solve such as cancer get completed resulting in what I hope is to be a cure. I hope that someday the devastation that is everything that comes with cancer nobody has to experience. EVER. My friends lets fight these diseases. We may not have any one of these horrible diseases but we can fight just the same as anyone who has ever had it or has it currently that are fighting it.  It's time to fold.
post edited by urdeath - 2010/12/14 01:03:50
texinga
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/14 04:21:30 (permalink)
Urdeath, that was a great story that offers a glimpse into you and why you Fold.  It is often said that sharing a story is part of the healing too.  Well said my Folding friend...

Rick

Madrias
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/15 20:47:15 (permalink)
Urdeath, I must admit, I'm probably as touched by your post as you were by mine.  Cancer is an evil disease, and if any one of our machines can help someone kill it, then that's all the better.

Now, I've made the joke to friends "I fold not just to cure cancer, but also to stop the common cold and the flu, too" as many times when one of my friends gets sick, they give it to everyone.  If by some chance folding's still around after we kill off cancer, then I'd like to focus on crippling the little diseases that annoy us.

As for the 'magnificent' wording in my post, well, I've always had the gifting of a mind full of useful words, and I enjoy thoroughly making use of them.

ShurikenTenshi
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6171
  • Ribbons : 11
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/20 10:12:39 (permalink)
Dec 20th Why We Fold

I know I have been quite about in here but now I have a reason my then ever to post.  I have lost many of family members to different forums for cancer ranging from lung to brain.  I lost my grandmother 6 years ago to lung cancer that was a hard hit in my life.  This year just 2 months ago I lost my grandfather to lung cancer in a long lasting fight.  Now just recently my grandmother I never met I has just been diagnosed with brain cancer.  The reason why I fold is when I see the pain and suffering that people go through and I can not do any thing but pray.  I can not help them medically because I have almost zero knowledge about this subject besides the anatomy.  Folding is just that little bit I can do to know for sure that I am doing something to help.  Since I just started folding a few months ago I have made several friends who are going towards the same goal as I am and I am very thankful for meeting you guys.

~ShurikenAngel

warthorn
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/21 10:14:57 (permalink)
shuriken, didn't know you were going to post. Got it up on the front page now. Thanks!
ShurikenTenshi
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6171
  • Ribbons : 11
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/21 18:03:39 (permalink)
warthorn

shuriken, didn't know you were going to post. Got it up on the front page now. Thanks!

Thanks man took me a little while but I did it.  Should have done it sooner.

NerdGZ
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 569
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/23 14:44:58 (permalink)
First i want to remember all that english is not my primary language.My name is Pablo i live at spain i´ll be 35 next january and i work in IT for the spanish government.

I fold because i´m fighting since last february against an melanosis oculi, is a congenital disease of the eye which affects about 1 in every 5000 people and is a risk factor for uveal melanoma tumor that in a future could blind me of my right eye actually there are no health risks, unless it show signs of malignancy in which case i could be considered an uveal ocular melanoma.I must visit eye doctor next february to checkout and hope that it will be ok since that diagnossis my life has changed so much since the doctor recommended me some rules:
I can´t drive at night neither in the sunrise or sunsets
I can´t go to pubs or clubs where there are heavy light changes as strobes lights so if i go out with my friends must search places where light must be homogeneous.
I must wear sunglasses ever in winter but the place where i live is very rainy so figure when i´m walking down the streets the people could think i´m mad.

i´m single and my life is spent moving around from work to home and so the Internet with my computer surfing the web trying to learn about my potential and future disease and helping people with my computer and programming skills.

I´m folding in order to help accelerate the fight against cancer or find ways of developing medicines to combat or eradicate because it will be my enemy tomorrow.

I am proud to participate with this team and if you need help or  my knowledge about IT drop me a pm.

I wish you all merry christmas and sorry about my poorly constructed and written English.
Pablo

AFFILIATE CODE:7T7V3Q1VW6 

Adam2013
FTW Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/23 16:28:54 (permalink)
Hey Pablo, thanks for sharing. I really hope it doesn't turn into anything more serious.

It is posts like yours that make me realize that this team and every other team is not just helping people here in the USA, its world-wide.

AcesofDeath7
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2010/12/24 18:51:36 (permalink)
This is the true reason I Fold, directly from Stanford’s site:

You can help scientists studying these diseases by simply running a piece of software.
Folding@home is a distributed computing project -- people from throughout the world download and run software to band together to make one of the largest supercomputers in the world. Every computer takes the project closer to our goals. Folding@home uses novel computational methods coupled to distributed computing, to simulate problems millions of times more challenging than previously achieved.
Protein folding is linked to disease, such as Alzheimer's, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers
Moreover, when proteins do not fold correctly (i.e. "misfold"), there can be serious consequences, including many well known diseases, such as Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, Huntington's, Parkinson's disease, and many Cancers and cancer-related syndromes.
What is protein folding?
Proteins are biology's workhorses -- its "nanomachines." Before proteins can carry out these important functions, they assemble themselves, or "fold." The process of protein folding, while critical and fundamental to virtually all of biology, in many ways remains a mystery.
What have we done so far?
We have had several successes. You can read about them on our Science page, on our Awards page, or go directly to our Results page.

Letting my computers Fold while I am not using them for anything else just may help save someone from suffering from one of these ailments.  Having had a Step-Grandmother fall to Alzheimer’s, my Mom & Step-Mom both had breast cancer, a friend with Parkinson’s, and another dear friend with an aggressive brain cancer, I don’t mind the expenses that Folding has incurred. (Now if only my wife would agree with me on this!)  Team EVGA has been an inspiration to me & I am proud to call all members a part of my Folding Family!!

texinga
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2011/01/01 05:43:14 (permalink)
Aces, I just got back on-line and read your post from last week.  Great reminder of the basis for Folding and I agree about the family aspect of this Team! 

I had to chuckle about "the wife agreeing" comment.  My wife also gets a little miffed because I Fold on every PC in the house including the new one I recently built for her.  I just remind her that one day it may just save her life and that her PC is part of the effort.  I think her biggest hangup is when I run it 7x24 for Bigadvs...she thinks I'm gonna wear it out or something.  I see it as the PC is finally earning it's keep and firing on all it's designed cylinders! 

Rick

TyPe-ZeRo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 546
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2011/01/01 22:15:39 (permalink)
I'm Jono and i've been folding on and off for various projects like FightAIDS@Home and Folding@Home.  

I've been a cigarette smoker on/off and my family has various health conditions that may affect my susceptibility to these illnesses. I'm quite young and have never been a full time smoker but obviously i've subjected my body to harmful toxins and still continue to do so on a social level. Along with this, my mothers boyfriend/partner/husband was diagnosed with thyroid cancer so I wanna help out, for his health, for my own, and for everyone else who might suffer these awful diseases. 

Ducrider
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 245
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2011/01/03 19:46:57 (permalink)
A little bit before time but now is the time I have to post.

Why I fold

I am the starter of this daily thread.I took the lead and now it is time for my second stint.January 4 is the day my Father passed.It has been 2 years now and it still seems like it was just last week.I do think of him every day.I try to think of the many happy things we did as a family but I do think of the worst times too.There are some things you can never forget no matter how much time passes.With the passing of my Father I really looked more in to folding.Since I started as a member of OCN it was a term you read pretty regular but don't think to much of.It was time to figure out what I can do to help.I started my folding with a P4 unicore client and moved up to a gpu client.At that point I got to see what I was doing to help.Now that has been 21 months ago.In that time I have dedicated a lot of money and time for the folding project.
I fold for many other reasons than just my Dad.I also do it for my Son,Daughter and Me.That is my main reason but that does not mean I don't fold for EVERYBODY that is suffering or might suffer from all these illness's that we fight for.
Do I care how many points I make per day?Yes because it makes me know that I am doing good.
Do I care if I fail a WU?Yes it might be the one that finishes the puzzle.
Do I care if your team makes more points than mine?NO I want you too as long as WE are ALL still folding.
Folding to me is My way to give back to my children,I can not change my fathers passing but maybe I can change their future.

Ducrider  Team PNY_FOLDS

I7 950 @ 4.15
MSI X58 Pro
Asus 450 Top Sli
Corsair HX1000
Cosmos 1000 aka Diamind plate in the rough
Win7 64 bit
 Folding:http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=463297
950 at 4.427  http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1471094
Heatware=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72404
Hwbot:http://www.hwbot.org/user/ducrider/
AcesofDeath7
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2011/01/03 20:24:46 (permalink)
Very well said, Ducrider!

Adam2013
FTW Member
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2011/01/03 20:34:27 (permalink)
Excellent post!  I for one hope lots of people see this

Ducrider
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 245
Re:Why We Fold -- Daily Journal 2011/01/04 14:23:09 (permalink)
Thanks guys.

I7 950 @ 4.15
MSI X58 Pro
Asus 450 Top Sli
Corsair HX1000
Cosmos 1000 aka Diamind plate in the rough
Win7 64 bit
 Folding:http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=463297
950 at 4.427  http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1471094
Heatware=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72404
Hwbot:http://www.hwbot.org/user/ducrider/
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 8